Old 05-01-2007, 12:36 PM   #1  
...to everything

S/C/G: 170/170/120-130?

Height: 5'3"

Default **May NSVs**

Thought I'd start this thread so we can keep going with all the awesome NSVs!

For anyone who isn't familiar with the term, NSV is a Non Scale Victory -- anything related to your weight loss that doesn't involve the numbers on the scale!

Let's see how many pages we can get this month!
RidiculouslyAddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

So, I made it back into my high school jeans! Woo!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

Casey - that is AWESOME way to go!! Keep up the good work!! You can do it!!
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseygail21 View Post
So, I made it back into my high school jeans! Woo!
Woot! That's excellent, casey.

I doubt I will ever fit into HS jeans, but the jeans I have now are looser, even though I haven't lost any weight.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:18 AM   #5  
one sexy science teacher

S/C/G: 231/194/130

Height: 5'5"

My NSV is I met a new guy, who's a decent sized guy but not huge, and I look cute and small next to him. We'd briefly met prior to me losing weight and he thought I was good looking then, and when we re-met this past weekend he told me that he couldn't believe how beautiful I was becoming. He's way supportive of my weight loss goals and has offered to exercise with me if I want him to. I'm not sure I'm to that point yet (it is a new relationship and I can see some arguing) but the offer is nice and the support is great!
haeyu14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:07 AM   #6  
In Search of Collarbones

S/C/G: 171/154/125

Yesterday I was perfectly OP. Completely, down to 30 min of brisk walking, all the water i was supposed to have, all my fruits and veggies, and even healthy oils. It was a good feeling! I am going to try to keep it up today.
futurepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:31 AM   #7  
...to everything

S/C/G: 170/170/120-130?

Wow, sounds like everyone's off to a good start!

Casey, high school jeans?! WOW!! I don't think I'll even AIM for that -- I wore a 27 in high school.

haeyu14, congrats on finding a new source of support in your life! I hope things work out for you!

futurepixie, doesn't it feel GREAT when we're OP and can be proud of ourselves and feel healthy and strong? Great going!

Today I woke up and did NOT feel like running. But, I went anyway, and although I was tired, I still managed to keep the same time as I did last time, so I was happy. Plus, I started tracking my calories on thedailyplate this week, and the last two days in a row I've been 300 calories under my goal. Yay!
RidiculouslyAddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

You guys make me feel so good!
Great job on all of your NSV's I just love reading these, especially on a rainy day like the one in Arkansas today!

Today a co-worker said "Casey are you losing MORE weight!? The pounds are just dropping off, look at you! You look great!" I was in a t-shirt and jeans too lol.... These comments are starting to be daily and I love em! It sounds concieted but there really isn't anything more motivating for me! I'm loving it lol...
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:21 AM   #9  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

Height: 5'4

Casey - that`s awesome. I love it when people comment!

Okay, just yesterday I did this. I can wrap my hand around my wrist and touch my thumb to my middle finger. Easily! Without really trying. I used to not be able to do it because I`m fat and big boneded.
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:17 PM   #10  
In Search of Collarbones

S/C/G: 171/154/125

i have been perfectly on plan the entire month of May. i hope that i can keep saying that!
futurepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:15 PM   #11  
Chunky Dunker

S/C/G: 252.8/tick-tick-tickerrrr/215

I had to stop and buy a belt yesterday because I couldn't keep my jeans on for the LIFE of me ! AND it fit! On the 3rd hole ! YAYYYY!
WakeMeForSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:27 PM   #12  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I was disappointed when I put on my skirt and it wasn't much looser than it had when I started dieting. I took a step forward to complain about this to my dbf...and nearly tripped because the skirt was 2-3 inches longer than it had been before! Apparently, my "waist size" has stayed the same, but has migrated south to where it's supposed to be instead of being up around my ribcage. No more wearing this skirt Steve Urkel style!

And one more: I was assisting in a classroom at my workplace yesterday, when I caught a glimpse of a gal out of the corner of my eye. She was about my size, but with a very toned waist and muscled arms. She didn't look skinny, but still quite fit. I turned my head to look at her, thinking that it would be inspiring, and was shocked to see that the girl WAS MY REFLECTION IN A MIRROR! I literally almost started crying, I was so happy!
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:27 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 240/219/160

Height: 5'8"

My silly NSV for May.... My trainer told me the other day that she was proud of my progress and that she could definately see it, not only in my shape but also in my flexibility!
Beaullah13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:52 PM   #14  
Sarah

S/C/G: 170/127/127

Height: 5'4"

All this week, this semi-cute paramedic at work has been flirting with me. I may be happily taken, but it certainly is a nice ego boost
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:56 PM   #15  
Tryin'

Height: 5'3

love all the nsv's! thanks for sharing them.

yesterday at work, i saw one of the directors that i hadn't seen in a month or so. she had commented on my loss before, and i've lost maybe 7 pounds since the last time i saw her but was also wearing well fitted clothes. she waved at me as i walked past her and i then saw her jaw hit the floor. she was trying to say something but couldn't! it made me smile.
train is offline   Reply With Quote