3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   **May NSVs** (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/111392-%2A%2Amay-nsvs%2A%2A.html)

train 05-10-2007 01:07 AM

i was over at a friends place tonight and we were going to a bar with an outside area. it was pretty windy and my friend offered to let me borrow a coat. when she asked, i immediately tensed up and got all anxious. i have never been able to borrow clothes on a whim from my normal sized friends. so, in my head i was thinking out loud my excuses. "na, i don't need one. i'll be fine. etc." knowing full well i get cold easily! anyway, then i realized i'm not 210lbs anymore and agreed to borrow a coat. it fit! what a great feeling that was - to fit in normal clothes, randomly and not have to suffer the cold! booyaa!

RememberHowToSmile 05-10-2007 12:51 PM

I went to where I graduated from undergrad Friday night to surprise some friends that were graduating Saturday. Although I’ve keep in touch with people via the internet they haven’t seen me since I left there last August. Needless to say I look much better now then I did then. So many people had to do double takes when they saw me. I don’t know how many time I was told how amazing I looked. It was kindof entertaining that some people would say wow you’ve lost so much weight while other people would notice it but instead just say things like I love the new hair cut and glasses. I actually was excited to go back to the office I worked in because everyone there is kindof vain and I knew they would all flip out.

SavingServo 05-10-2007 04:24 PM

Short and silly but now when I go to hold a door open, or bump it with my hip or butt I always end up missing because I'm not yet used to them being smaller. :D

Romeos Girly 05-10-2007 04:38 PM

That's hilarious SavingServo

RidiculouslyAddicted 05-10-2007 04:43 PM

Colleen, that's so cool!! What a fun NSV!

RememberHowToSmile, that's awesome that everyone noticed your loss! 105 pounds, NO WONDER!!! :D

train, what a relief that must have been! Now that's a source of anxiety you don't have to worry about anymore! Great job! 70 pounds! WOW!!

themonkeysuncle 05-11-2007 11:47 AM

I'm wearing a pair of dungarees that used to be huge on me 2 years ago but then were too tight! They now fit, with room to spare!

WakeMeForSummer 05-12-2007 03:36 PM

My parents mensioned it ! They never do-- I think they're tired of seeing me lose just to gain back-- but they said somthing today!! YAY

AND even though its a SV, I'm over my plateu, and almost to -20!!!! :-)

RememberHowToSmile 05-13-2007 11:11 PM

I went and saw my Mom/Grandparents for mothers day. They live 600 miles from me so I havne't seen them since I was down there for Easter. Eventhough I haven't lost much weight since then (maybe 3-5 pounds) they all raved about how thin I was. My grandma actually asked me if I weighted under 150 pounds.

While I was visiting my Mom gave me some money to buy some new pants because I only have 3 pairs that actually fit me (one of them are actually dress pants so I really have 2 pairs) so I was wearing a pair of size 20s and they were falling off me. I went to fashion bug and got a pair of jeans and a pair of capris both of which were size 16 misses (last time I went shopping I got size 16 womens and there is almost a full size difference between them).

I also decided I needed to buy a bathing suit for this summer. I was going to weight but there was a good sale at fashion bug so I decided to try on this cute tankini that I have been eyeballing for a few weeks. I didn't think it would fit because it was a misses but it did. A year ago I could have never imagined myself wearing a tankini (or thinking about going out in public with a bathing suit). Now I can't wait until my apartment complex opens the pool.

wisher 05-14-2007 09:18 AM

I went out to the movies and then to Chili's for dinner last night and I didn't have any popcorn or anything else at the theatre then at Chili's for an appatizer we ordered the southwest eggrolls and I only had 2 pieces then for my dinner I ordere the southwest cedar plank tilapia (which was excellent by the way) with veggies and black beans and I only ate half of each of those things, and I was really full! When I got home and looked up all the nutrition info for everything I ate it only came out to 530 calories!! I was very proud and now I have a yummy lunch for today!

tndavis82 05-14-2007 09:53 AM

I don't have to unbutton any of my pants to take them off. :carrot:
Also a guy that I have taken classes with in the past, but haven't seen in a while told me I was beautiful. :o I also found out some intersting info today. I work on an Air Force Base and the gyms are free. Also at one of the gyms the treadmills, elipticals, and bikes are on the second floor looking down on the weight equipment. Doesn't that sound like motivation.:D

gremlina 05-15-2007 12:46 PM

I have 2. First my sister actually said she saw a picture of me on my MySpace and she said "you are getting so skinny" Now my family NEVER notices and are and always have been very critical of me...

I fit into size 12s now.. I ordered some new clothes in this size from Old Navy and I was expecting to have to return them but the ALL fit!!! I have not worn a size 12 in about 8-9 yrs...

RidiculouslyAddicted 05-16-2007 08:28 AM

Just for kicks last night, I tried on my pre-goal jeans - jeans that I haven't fit into for a LONG time - since my boyfriend and I started dating (4 1/2 years ago) - but that are still bigger than where I want to be eventually.

A month ago, I tried them on, they were still WAY too tight.

THEY FIT! :D

Too bad I don't like them anymore. :(

NakedHousewife 05-16-2007 09:48 AM

ROFL Torie! I love working out at the little gym on the marine corps air base because they are all 18-21 and they all work out without their shirts. You don't have to twist my arm to get me to go to the gym, LOL.

NakedHousewife 05-16-2007 09:50 AM

Gremlina, are you going to Beaufort? If so I'm completely jealous. :snooty:

CRYSANDBOYS 05-16-2007 10:21 AM

I am up to 2miles on the eliptical and the owner of the gym told me to keep up the good work! Then my dad came by my house and said are you losing weight?? :carrot: he knew nothing! whoo hoo