Old 04-30-2007, 10:56 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default I'm slipping!! *kinda long*

Well, I'm getting to the point that I fear I'm starting to slip off the wagon. I've been pretty good about dieting up until recently, and it's paid off..I dropped 19 pounds in about a month. At the beginning of April, my parents went out of town and my DH and I stayed at their house to watch the dogs, and during those two weeks I didn't exercise at all, other than what I typically do at work. The food I ate was horribly unhealthy (not McDonalds or anything like that, just not healthy food), and I felt miserable the whole time we stayed there. I got home and was surprised to find I'd only gained back about 5 pounds, which disappeared easily within two days of DH and I returning home (I'm guessing it was water weight?). The problem is, ever since then, I've had a REALLY hard time getting motivated to do anything, or eat anything healthy, and I just don't know what to do anymore. every time I put food in my mouth I feel guilty about it, and I think I've only gone for a walk once and done my exercise video once since returning home. Now a family emergency has come up and my parents left town, leaving us at their house again...I think its a psychological thing being there, I grew up "grazing" there, and I think I just start grazing as soon as I walk in the door because its what I remember as a kid, but I DON'T WANT TO DO IT ANYMORE!
DH and I are going on vacation in 4 months and I want to be in a size 18/20 by the time we hit the road...HELP me!! Any advice would be wonderful!
Reasonably Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:00 PM   #2  
Chunky Dunker

S/C/G: 252.8/tick-tick-tickerrrr/215

What plan are you using now??

Grazing isn't always a bad thing-- as long as you make good choices with what you're grazing on ! Its much better then stuffing yourself in one sitting !
WakeMeForSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/148/125

Height: 5'3"

I just want to say that I've been there. I think we've all slipped at some point or another. But start fresh tomorrow! Make mini goals and stick with them!

One thing that helps me when I start slipping is exercising in the morning. If I plan out a exercise schedule its much easier for me to actually stick with it when its first thing in the AM. If I plan to exercise later in the day I make excuses or I run out of time.

Good luck!
silver plum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:34 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reasonably Insane View Post
DH and I stayed at their house to watch the dogs, and during those two weeks I didn't exercise at all
Why not walk the dogs? That will get you back on track with exercise and as a result get you more focused on what you are eating.
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:45 AM   #5  

Oh girl been there done that!!! But please go back to it immediatly, you know you can do it!!!!
carolva77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:01 AM   #6  
heyjupiter15

S/C/G: 240

Height: 5'7"

19 pounds is awesome in one month...think about how good that felt and how good it makes you feel to be healthy and active. You got this!! maybe try writing a schedule of your day and telling everybody to leave you alone during the time you want to exercise.
heyjupiter15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:23 AM   #7  

thanks for all the "go get 'ems", I really appreciate it. These are all good ideas, and I'm going to try some of them.
Finn- Unfortunately, the dogs are just as lazy as I am, and they'll look at me like I'm crazy if I try taking them for a walk!
WakeMeForSummer-I'm on the "Angie's got to lose weight" plan. I don't have a specific plan that I'm doing, I'm watching what I eat and using the Biggest Loser workout video 1st edition. I LOVE Bob! I'm in the process of getting the funds together to join the YMCA, and I'm dabbling with the thought of joining WW, although I'm not sure I could afford it.
I had a better day yesterday in regards to my eating habits, I still haven't been motivated to exercise,I'm in the process of getting sick (Nasty cold) but the thought of exercise is always in the back of my mind, which it has never been before. that tells me that while I'm currently being lazy, I'm serious about changing my life, and that is an absolute first for me!

~I'm sorry if this was kind of makes no sense, I'm on cold medicine...adding that to my already exhausted mind doesn't help anything!
Reasonably Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:16 AM   #8  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

I know what you mean...I slip and get lazy all the time..and thats why I came here, so hopefully that want happen again. Just think about that size 18 you ar wanting to get in, and think about how good it felt to loose all taht weight. Good luck girl!! you can do it!!!
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:03 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 182/160/130

I know what you mean. I have been exercising regularly for about 6 months but have recently become bored with it and tired. I decided to take a week off and not do any scheduled exercise and see if that helps. It did. I took three days off and couldn't wait to get back to it. Absense does make the heart grow fonder. Maybe you should just give yourself a break to rest and get over your cold and then get back to it
sde127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:39 PM   #10  
Life's tough Get a helmet

S/C/G: 195/195/145

I completely understand...even when i don't work out for like a week, its really hard for me to get back to it...but after the first day that i do i realize that its not too bad!! good luck and we are all here for support!!
Spunkster5 is offline   Reply With Quote