Old 04-23-2007, 01:13 PM   #1  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Default ***Weekly Chat:April 23rd to 29th

Hello Everyone!

I hope you all had a nice weekend. Just wanted to start off the chat so we can keep it up.

I had an ok weekend. I didnt do very well eating-wise but kept up the exercise. I realized that I'm only a few weeks from my goal date and I have a lot of work to do so I'm really stepping it up. It's not worth eating extra food at this point because I won't see results. I have to keep reminding myself of that.

How is everyone doing?
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:54 PM   #2  
...to everything

S/C/G: 170/170/120-130?

Height: 5'3"

Good afternoon;

I've kinda dropped off the face of the earth for the last little while except to update my exercise. Work's been crazy busy and I've been a little off track. Okay, a lot off track. Haven't gained any weight back, but haven't really been losing, either.

Had my first kinda-run today. It was HARD and took me 55 minutes to run/walk (mostly walk) 5K. Man, do I have a LOT of work to do!

BF's birthday today, I will NOT drink a beer!! I will stay AWAY from the Oreos (his "birthday cake" since I didn't have any time to make one)!!

Hope everyone is well.
RidiculouslyAddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:54 PM   #3  
...to everything

Oh, Bikini Dreader, your attitude is very similar to the one I FINALLY got this morning! I figure, I've been working my butt off working out, so why sabotage myself by eating junk that won't help me get to my goal?
Old 04-23-2007, 02:55 PM   #4  
In Search of Collarbones

S/C/G: 171/154/125

Wooooo! It feels so good to be back!

I haven't exercised or eaten well for over a week. I started a new plan today, it is beautiful weather outside, and I am back on track! Pictures from the wedding i was in the other weekend are trickling in, and they are just the motivation I need. I look better since Christmas, but I still have a ways to go. And I am gonna do it too!

Hope you all have a great week!
futurepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:01 PM   #5  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

Height: 5'7"

My weekend went well. I didn't do too bad with eating, and it was really nice out so me and Tim went for a long walk in the park. I'm going to try to really keep up exercising because I have realized that it's warming up pretty quickly and I can't be "Sergeant's hot wife" if I still look like this and can't keep up with the guys. I try to do push-ups and crunches everyday, either when I get up or when I remember and I want to workout at least every other day. Either some weights, some cardio, or both. I might try to run tomorrow if the weather is still holding up. I haven't been able to run EVER because the weight puts too much on my knees and shins. Plus I have this weird chronic ankle sprain issue, I know, weird, but I can be walking around the house and my ankle will suddenly twist or bend too far to the side for no reason. Then I deal with swelling and blah blah blah...anywho...

I hope everyone had a good Monday. I'm not even that far along with my goal but I agree with you guys...it's not worth messing up now and comparing pictures gives a lot of motivation. I look at the first picture I took of myself after I got my hair cut off and my face was round it was so fat, now I'm back to that nice heart shape and almost perfectly defined cheek bones.
TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 145/145/99

Height: 5,6

Long time, no see...

Starting all over again... I was also at a party on friday and it went great. I didn't eat too much but I can't say the same thing about Saturday...or Sunday. I just turned a new leaf and I'm back in the game. Trying to loose few inches of my waist before my long flight. Anyone have some special suggestions? I have almost 6 weeks untill my trip to Africa and I would like to fit in to my new cotton pants and I need to buy other new clothes with me so it would be a great surprise to buy them in smaller size.
laurentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:42 AM   #7  
Slowly, slowly.

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone.
I thought I'd pop in the chat thread and say hi!

Weekend was a struggle, 2 bbq's and a childrens party (yummy..mini pizzas) but managed to lose a lb yesterday.
I'm starting a excersize plan too, so I'm hoping for a good week for next Monday's weigh in.
Being on here helps as I cant type and eat at the same time.
mum2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:08 AM   #8  
In Search of Collarbones

Okay, I am making checking in here a priority to help me get my head back in the game.

Tracy- Good for you and your cheekbones! I saw my collarbones in some of those pics and that made me so happy that I almost can overlook the sad state of my arms. But, that just means that I have to work harder. No biggie!

Laurentina- Welcome back! I was surprised when I fell off the wagon for a week how much this place helps me stay centered and focused, and how posts will pop in my head while I am out and about. I am glad you came back!

I still somehow managed to lose a pound over the last week or so, and that is great motivation to do even better. One thing that I have learned over the last week how easy it is for habits to be undone and replaced. Once I got started exercising, I easily got accustomed to it, and now that I have gotten out of the habit, it is SO hard to start again. I am making excuses. No more! Must get things done.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:16 AM   #9  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

Height: 5'7"

I guess I'm kinda lucky...I always have collarbones and great looking calves. But my arms, gross! What can we do to get rid of them? I lift some weights and do push-ups and stuff to tone the muscles, and once I'm comfortable enough I'll try some pull-ups, but none of the cardio and pound loss makes them shrink. Maybe we should all do this for 30 minutes a day. I mean, look at his, they're sticks!

I have an idea...everyone post something they absolutely LOVE about the changes since they started, then one problem area and either solutions you use or have heard about. That way we can help each other with ideas to get rid of some areas.

I'll get us started. I've had to tighten my bras because I am losing that layer over my ribs and around my back. It's because of the light weight toning I've done.

I do: Fly, Reverse Fly, Wide Row, Chest Press, Military Press and Shoulder Rolls. If you don't know what they are you can look them up on fitness sites, and the shoulders rolls are just holding the dumbbells beside you and rolled your shoulders forward some then back some as if you were shrugging from front to back (or back to front).

My problem is my inner and outer thighs. Aside from basic plies and something I saw on a tv makeover show one time about standing at a doorway or strong pole type object and being in a plie stance slightly more than hip width apart, you lean back a little and use the door or pole to stay up and then squat. Nothing seems to get rid of those pockets, no amount of walking or anything.
TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:22 PM   #10  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Default Moderator 20-somethings

How is everyone doing? How are all the new members?

trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:56 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

This week is finals week... blaahh.. I have been sick since last Wednesday, still waiting to get over it. I can barely talk my throat hurts so bad. This has caused me to get off track with exercise. I really want to get over this sickness so I can start walking and lifting weights again. I know I won't be able to this week though, I'm so busy with papers and finals. I know I can get right back on track next week though. I'm still doing well with the food and managed to lose another pound last week YAY! I guess I'm just taking it 1 pound at a time, I'm consistently losing 1 pound a week. I would be happier with 2 or 3 but I will deffinately take what I can get ... Hows everyone else doing? Anyone else dealing with finals?
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:23 PM   #12  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

I did not do very well tonight. I finished a treat I had bought thinking I could just handle having it in the cupboard. NO such luck. That oughta remind me not to buy trigger food! So frustrating. Well I'm vowing now that I am not buying any treats at all (besides fruit) to have in the house for the rest of my time in Canada. Then I'm off to Europe with my bikini ready body. I should start putting the bikini on every day to remind myself fo the discipline I need!
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:47 AM   #13  
In Search of Collarbones

ooooh, you are just full of good ideas today, bikini dreader! I think that I need to start doing that too. I need to kick it into high gear in May. April I didn't do too bad, but I know that i can do better!

As for me, another day another dollar. Nothing new here. Still haven't exercised yet. Have a fun sort of nerd date on Friday. I am going to get coffee and read art books with a boy that is a friend but I have kinda had a crush on for a long time. Wow, I am 26 and I just typed that sentence. What a doof.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:27 PM   #14  
...to everything

Hi!

I'm really trying to get myself back on track after being wonky for a while now. In fact, all of April kind of sucked. I didn't gain any weight, but I only lost a pound. I know that's all I deserved to lose, though.

I'm thinking about going back to Phase I of South Beach next week. Just for a week, get myself going a little bit again.

My exercise is going really well, though -- I exercised 11 days in a row before taking today off. I had to listen to my body -- it's still screaming from my "run" on Monday, so I'll try again tomorrow. I actually think exercising a lot is giving me the excuse to eat more. My dad is like this -- he exercises A LOT (think 4 hours a day). He also binge eats (I'm convinced he's bulimic, but that's another story for another day). He ALWAYS rationalizes his binges by saying "Well, I guess since I rode my bike hard for two hours today..." and I think that's where I'm getting this mentality from.

Casey, sorry to hear that you're sick. That's no fun. Of course it happens when you're most stressed, too! It's too bad our immune systems don't strengthen under stress!

Bikini Dreader, that sounds like a good idea! You're so close to goal, I'm sure seeing that would help! Maybe I should put on my "not-quite-goal" jeans to remind myself, too! Thanks for the idea!

futurepixie, Have fun on your date! Are you all giddy and nervous? I hope things work out the way you want them to!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!
Old 04-25-2007, 01:49 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 171/166/135

Height: 5'5.5"

Hello everyone! New here but looking foward to being more involved.

This week has been a downer for me- sinus problems have kept me in bed for most of the week. I've drug myself to work everyday and then home into my bed again. Ugh. Lost two pounds from last week, which is great- trying to curb my snacking habit.
janamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote