3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   ***Weekly Chat: April 16-April 22*** (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/109960-%2A%2A%2Aweekly-chat-april-16-april-22%2A%2A%2A.html)

Dreamer85 04-16-2007 01:01 AM

*** Weekly Chat: April 16th - April 22nd ***

Deleted

junebug41 04-16-2007 01:16 AM

Anyone is welcome to start the weekly thread! Thanks for getting it started early and welcome back! I know what you mean about feeling yucky w/o workouts. My knee crapped out on me so I have to take it easy until I leave for the summer. On the flip side I don't have half the appetite as when I work out, so maybe this is a good opportunity for my body to catch up on some needed rest before the summer gets into full swing.

I'm hoping to have a better week than last week. I ate so well I even impressed myself and physically felt really good (besides my knee), but I was an emotional mess because a professor threatened to ruin my summer internship so I couldn't even enjoy it. This week I am determined to not let that happen again.... Happy Monday!

Bikini Dreader 04-16-2007 10:26 AM

I am also hoping for a better week. I have totally fallen off the wagon over the last month and I'm making it very hard on myself to lose the rest of this weight before my goal date (end of May). Kicking myself into high gear now and trying to keep my eating under control.

I hope everyone has a good week!

Spunkster5 04-16-2007 12:14 PM

I have really fallen off the wagon this past week. I feel miserable about it. I pretty much binged all weekend. My husband and I ate out all weekend. I had McDonald's & Taco Bell among others. I really need to find a way to manage my weekends. I have to remember that I don't have my husband's metabolism and I don't need to keep up with him at every meal. Oh well, I hope that I do better this week. Wish me luck!

caseygail21 04-16-2007 12:32 PM

Man o man... I really hope everyone has a better week this week! :(

I almost feel bad about posting my good week. It was a really good one, I was so proud of myself. My bf is watching what he eats now, so it makes it a lot easier for me, I have him there to encourage me instead of distract me. I had an AWESOME week, we've been having good weather so I've been able to go to the park and walk and chat with friends. I also had a great weekend, it is the first time in a long time, that I ate healthy all weekend. We even went out to eat 3 times, and I made good choices. Did I mention that it's that time of the month?? That makes me even more impressed with myself. Usually I would've used that as an excuse but I didnt, and now I'm feeling GREAT. Today was my weigh in day and I've lost 1 more pound! :).... There is no way I'm not going to keep this going!

WakeMeForSummer 04-16-2007 01:29 PM

Yay Casey ! I lost 13lbs, too-- (even if your starting weight IS my goal weight..haha.. I'm going to ignore that fact !) It's SO MUCH easier when it's nice out ! When it's gloomy I'm just a lump!

Sheena696 04-16-2007 01:37 PM

Ugh...so far my week is starting off icky. I'm doing fine in all areas except that I am really tired. It doesn't help that the alarms kept going off at my parents store and I had to go up there twice during the night. So I am pretty tuckered out so far. I was alittle disappointed with the scales this morning. (you guys are going to learn that I am a slave to the scale I am trying to get over that) I was up .8 pounds lol But I know that is because I ate last night WAY later than I usually eat and it all stuck with me I guess. (I normally do not eat past 5 o clock and if I do it is light veggies) I have high hopes for the rest of the week though.

2Fat4myJeans 04-16-2007 02:33 PM

Yeah I heard about VA Tech - what a tragedy. It's weird because I was just thinking that this Friday is the 8 yr anniversary of Columbine and I can't believe it's been that long already. Then reading about the lockdown at VA Tech reminded me of when 9/11 happened and we had our campus closed. Very strange. And how sad....

Anyway, the weekend for me was a total bust, as always. Last week I didn't eat so well so I don't know how I managed to still lose a pound. The weekend wasn't HORRIBLE but it could have been so much better. I swear I would lose so much more weight if I would just stop pigging out on the weekends! The real test will be this coming weekend - DH and I are taking a road trip to visit his sister, which means eating out for like three days straight. Yikes!

TracyFAdams 04-16-2007 03:22 PM

My week is off to an okay start. The weekend wasn't too bad, but I've been so blah today. I'm just tired and it's raining and some stupid stuff happened last week with Tim and his work so it's just been a stressful time for us...but then again, all time for us is stressful because of our lack of time. I've had a headache for the past week pretty much non-stop. I've also gone the week without logging my foods :yikes: just to see if I lose weight without doing it. I want to know when I'm really ready to stop worrying so much how many calories I put in. Plus my appetite is all whacked out from stress...
:carrot: :broc:
Look at them go!

I never watch the news, and the VA Tech thing is partially why. They're either talking about a new health issue, anew thing to worry about, the part they want you to hear about the war or some other new terrible thing that happens. For the sake of not making everyone hate me and think I'm a cold-hearted you know what I will just keep my opinions to myself.

Rosario 04-16-2007 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamer85 (Post 1655168)
I don't mean to bring down the mood. But, has anyone heard about Va Tech here yet? Its crazy, someone opened fire on a classroom and residence hall killing 22 students. The world is constantly reminding us that we are not in control and that its all not promised to us... I'm just in total shock and disbelief. I know there was someone on the board in grad school (or undergrad, not sure) at either UVA or Va Tech... But I don't... Those students, their families and friends, and that campus is in my thoughts and prayers..

It's awful, isn't it? Makes me scared to think of the world that we live in. Makes me also not take life for granted. I mean, one day I could be doing something so normal as just going to school, and then it's just over. Scary to even think about.

Bikini Dreader 04-16-2007 03:48 PM

It is truly horrifying. Makes you really think about what you spend your time on. Life is short. Enjoy it!

going2Bhealthy 04-17-2007 06:06 AM

Hi, I've been on the boards for a while now, but I don't often post. I'd love to get more involved because just reading everyone's posts makes me feel more motivated and there is a great web of support to be found here.

I don't watch the news or buy newspapers as I find it either too depressing or too ridiculous (awful tragedies are of the same status as celebrity news in most cases). It's terrible news about Va Tech, it does shock you into making the most of your life though.

On a more positive note, I'm really excited today as I've found a great (i.e. cheap! lol) leisure centre really close to where I live with a gym and a pool and exercise classes, so I'm going there later to get my induction booked. Let's hope the excitment and motivation lasts!

Bikini Dreader 04-18-2007 05:14 PM

Hello Everyone!

Our chat has fallen quite far down. I hope everyone is doing well. I had a mini binge last night and ate many graham crackers with peanut butter and jam. Apparently I can overeat even the weirdest things. I wont be buying those crackers any time soon. I really want to lose a pound this week to get my new plan kickstarted. Wish me luck!

How is everyone's week going?

TracyFAdams 04-18-2007 05:22 PM

Good luck!

I was trying to go to back to sleep this morning and friend sent me a message to find out if I was up yet, then he tried to call. I should have known something was going on, but I ignored it anyways. Well, not much more time went by and he called again, so I answered and man am I glad I did.

He works nights, and last night he got a call from his ex wife, whom he divorced about a year or so ago. Well, that was the problem...he found out he's not actually divorced. After all the fights, all the issues, he went to sign the papers one day and she signed them when he did, but she never turned them in at the courthouse. All this time he has been rid of her and suddenly he's not. The poor thing...he was almost throwing up, crying, it was just awful. I can't believe she did that to him. How can women be so cruel? I even asked my mom what he should do since she's been through divorce, so now he's got to try to get in touch with is lawyer and get a court date set up to actually finalize it, then if she doesn't show he'll have to wait until they hunt her down for the papers. Some people are just so terrible...

So my day was spent trying to help him out and cheer him up a little, so I haven't done much of anything I need to do around the house with cleaning up some and finishing some projects. On top of that, I don't think I lost any weight but I forgot to weigh myself before I ate breakfast so I just gave up and decided I will tomorrow. I might even wait until next week...it's been a long and difficult day.

CookieMonster416 04-19-2007 10:34 AM

Bikini Dreader I am totally with you. I binge on the weirdest things. I don't overeat on fattening crap, but all of the healthy food I keep in my pantries. I'll have like 4 100 calorie packs, 2 weight watcher desserts, a package of dried apricots (this is all in 1 sitting so the fact that this is "healthy stuff" kind of gets thrown out the window)