Old 04-08-2007, 07:00 PM   #1  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Default *** Weekly Chat - April 9-15th

It's Sunday night and I think this week's chat got lost somewhere on another page so I thought I'd start off next week's chat thread! There's a lot going on here this week!

How was everyone's long weekend? I have to say mine did not go so well and I fell way off the wagon. I spent a couple days walking in it's tracks but I finally found it and jumped back on. There are 7 weeks left until I will be at my goal so I will have to really step things up. I'm determined to get there by the time I move out of this city and head out to Europe!

Positive thinking is the plan to make sure I stay on track. Going to keep up with the veggies and fruits and keep turning down offers for junk (including junk food on sale- somehow that is a huge lure for me!).

Well I hope everyone had a nice weekend and is looking forward to this week. The weather is only going to get warmer! I will be going on a nice long walk with my IPOD in a few minutes. It makes my walks so much more enjoyable!
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:11 PM   #2  
Life's tough Get a helmet

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'3"

Yep...i fell off the wagon too. I did not eat well at all but I did get my work outs in Now that easter is over and all the treats are outta my face I am back to my healthy eating. i went to a houston rockets game and had a hot dog and a couple of margaritas ... yikes....i'm back on track though!!

bikini dreader I know what ya mean about your ipod making a world of difference. I love mine. If you like to walk/run outdoors and don't do it at a track or somewhere that is marked off, you might want to consider the nike attachment for it (if you have the nano only though) i love mine and it allows me to run anywhere without worrying about how far i've gone.

hope ya'll have a great week!
Spunkster5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:11 AM   #3  
Tryin'

Height: 5'3

i have a nano. what exactly does the nike attachment do?

yeah..need to get back on plan too. this week was a wash with family in town and random meals. i am so glad they are leaving tomorrow. (we're not close, just obligated!)
train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:11 AM   #4  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

I was hovering around the 1 pound gain this morning. I guess I deserve that after the food I ate all weekend. Well Easter is over and I'm back on track. Have a good Monday everyone!
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:38 AM   #5  
In Search of Collarbones

S/C/G: 171/154/125

i was ok this weekend. I didn't get my workouts in for the past two days, and I did ok with food- except for a few late night bingelets- nothing major and all OP foods, but i didn't need it and ate just because. i at least identified a trigger food for me- honey roasted peanuts. i love them, but i am going to quit buying them except at the gas station in single serving bags once in a while.

My ankle has been bugging me, so I am going to take a few short and fast walks instead of jogging this week to let it get better, and do lots of pilates at home instead.

This is going to be a semi-hectic week. i am finishing up the jewelry for my friend's wedding. thank god i gave her most of the pieces last night, and she loved them! Big relief. I still have one more bridesmaids set, and then all of my jewelry left to make. I am going to be super duper DUPER good this whole week and eat really light so that I can make up for all the crazy eating and drinking that I am gonna do this weekend at the wedding. I guess times like that all you can do is damage control, right?

Hope you guys have a great week!
futurepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:49 AM   #6  

Okay, so last week I told myself that I would only weigh myself every Monday morning. So last monday I was down 2 lbs to 166, well this morning when I weighed myself I was up 4 lbs from last week to 170 ugghhhhhhh!! See my frustration?? I know that I could have done better eating wise, especially over the easter weekend, but overall I don't think i did too bad. I even kept up with my exercising...I worked out 5 days last week and pushed myself extra hard at the gym, especially on saturday I ran 5 miles. uggh...i'm reallly frustrated about this, but I am trying to keep a positive attitude so that it will give the me that extra oommphh that I need.

My goal this week is to stick to a 1300 calorie diet. I need to sprinkle some willpower dust on me! Oh will power fairy where art thou?

please feel free to give me a good swift kick in the butt at anytime!

Train the nike attachment is really cool...it has a sensor that you put on your shoe and you put a receiver on the nano and it calculates how far you've ran, what is your pace is, etc...i love mine. it allows me to run like a wild woman through the woods without having to worry about how far i've done because it tracks it for me!! i love mine! http://www.apple.com/ipod/nike/
Old 04-09-2007, 01:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 270?/234/190

Height: 5'11

just remember, spunkster, weight gain can be caused by anything, especially when its a few pounds like you said. it could have been h20 weight, OR, all that exercising youre doing could have added on some lean muscle..and in that case, its good weight gain because that muscle mass is going to help you burn fat.

whenever the scale was bad to me, id take out the tape measure. nine times out of ten, i see a change for the good there.
CecelliaStrick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:08 PM   #8  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

Height: 5'7"

I had a pretty good weekend. Not a lot of junk, only a little candy and cake, and the meals I ate were what I would normally eat during the week instead of oversized Holiday meals. I probably won't see any weight change Wednesday, but as long as I don't gain I'm okay with that. I should probably talk myself into exercising today too just to actually do something productive. I mean, I cut a pattern out for a shirt I'm making someone, but other than that I've done laundry and haven't really moved more than couch to office and back.
TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:23 PM   #9  
Fat-be-gone

hi! I don't usually post here, but I figured since I'm 20-something why not? had a bad weekend but today's a new day and so starts a new week.

speaking of Ipods, what do u guys have as your "workout" music? I'm always looking for new stuff to put on mine.

spunkster - ( a little more can't hurt )
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:31 PM   #10  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

Height: 5'7"

I would post my workout music, but I'm really weird. Tim has a lot of Rage Against The Machine, Finger Eleven, and some old Everclear and similar stuff. I like Staind, and that's about all I have that makes any sense for workout music
TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:25 PM   #11  

Thanks Cecellia - I figure it must mostly be H20 weight since I've recently started drinking 2 liters per day.

Rosario - thanks for being my will power fairy!! I listen to all sorts of stuff from Metallica, Def Leppard, Godsmack to JLo, Beyonce, Ludacris - its a wide range. I just bought a J.Lo vs. Beyonce CD that keeps about a 132 bpm...its pretty good. I find that rock really gets me pumped though!
Old 04-10-2007, 10:13 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Yay! This morning was weigh in...I lost 3 lbs. last week ... I upped my calories and changed my workout. I was in such a rut and now I'm feeling great and motivated again. I had forgotten how good it feels to see your hard work pay off. I even got a comment from my boyfriend this week " Wow... you're losing a lot of weight!" It's really not that much, but it felt great that he noticed!!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:42 AM   #13  

Congrats Caseygail...I know you are feeling awesome!
Old 04-10-2007, 10:44 AM   #14  
In Search of Collarbones

S/C/G: 171/154/125

Well, I didn't do like I said that I would yesterday and I went jogging. I can't help it! I love it! It was a short jog though- just under 5K. I need to do a very short walk/jog today, and then do some pilates. I have really been suffering as far as doing anything other than running lately, and it is time to step it up a notch. I think that I am going to buy the book that Spunkster suggested.

I have a yummy lunch today- I am excited. Isn't that silly?

As far as workout music goes, my taste would probably just leave you scratching your head, saying "WHO?!?" But I listen to the Widespread Panic podcast a lot, or a lot of live shows that I have on my ipod. I also listen to a lot of 80's music, and a lot of Derek Trucks band too, and Michael Franti & Spearhead. The music cna be slower, but as long as it occupies my mind, then I am not focused on anything else, and that makes my runs go by much faster.
futurepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:53 AM   #15  
Am I there yet?

S/C/G: 205/197/130

Height: 5'5"

I love my iPod! I also have a workout playlist... it has a lot of funky 70s/motown music because I've found that it lifts my mood and gets me going (stevie wonder, temptations, marvin gaye, etc.) This may sound silly, but I started putting songs on there that talk about hot bodies, and every time a song comes on, I start to envision myself with a great, healthy body.

I hate to admit it, but one that really gets me going is Britney Spears' "Slave 4 U." The music video came out when I was like 20 yrs old or something and I clearly remember watching it and wishing so badly I had a great enough body like the dancers in the video!

Spunkster, something like that happened to me over the weekend, too. If you think about it, unless you gorged yourself silly last week, it's really hard to gain 4 lbs in one week. Most likely it is water retention from too much salt or your muscles are retaining water from working them so hard! Yesterday morning I stepped on the scale and it read .2 lbs above what it had read on Friday, and today I stepped on the scale and it read down a pound. Obviously I didn't burn 3500 calories yesterday so I just chalk it up to water retention. I made sure I chugged water yesterday and cut back on the salt, and there the weight went.
2Fat4myJeans is offline   Reply With Quote