Old 04-04-2007, 11:46 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 242/234/160

Height: 5'11"

I like the idea of tracking progress with the reward of sexy clothes and shoes!

I think I'll implement that immediately!!
msnewbooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:13 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

When my mom or my boyfriends mom cooks a big down home meal (which is quite often), I eat it off of a smaller plate that way I am more likely to control my portions.
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:51 PM   #18  
Chunky Dunker

S/C/G: 252.8/tick-tick-tickerrrr/215

Height: 5'6"

I do sit ups or hold yoga poses through commercials at night when I'm watching TV.

I also have that weight loss simulator picture from prevention.com on my mirror, fridge, desktop on my work computer. It works-- when I look at it I think.. "don't be such an idiot... step away from the cookie/ice cream/entire cheesecake"
WakeMeForSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:26 PM   #19  
Finding myself...

S/C/G: 212/194.5/191

Height: 5'5

-Drink a lot of water.

-Have green tea every day. (to drink, no pills)

-Chew gum when I crave a dessert.

-Eat like a baby,healthy, every 2-3 hours till I'm satisfied.

-Military practice, when I do cardio 3 times a week, I rub dime amounts
of preparation H in all my mid section and cover it with clear plastic wrap
and a swimsuit and start.

And following my diet plan Core, of WW.
casifromPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:35 PM   #20  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Great thread! I find that the sex trick really works...and it's fun!

Other stuff:

-fibre and water are my friends.
-Veggies make great inbetween-meal snacks.
-For dinner, I'll now eat half of my former portions of things, and fill up on salad afterwards.
-Lime Perrier makes a great pop-like treat.
-A single lollipop is just as sweet as a bag of candy, and has far less calories.
-balsamic vinegar is good low-calorie dressing...and not much "real" dressing is required to get that dressing taste. (Dipping the fork in the dressing first, then spearing the lettuce will suffice.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by casifromPR View Post
-Military practice, when I do cardio 3 times a week, I rub dime amounts
of preparation H in all my mid section and cover it with clear plastic wrap
and a swimsuit and start.
I'm curious because I've never heard of this before; what does that do? Sounds tingly!
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:30 PM   #21  

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for all of these amazing tips girls! I find the best thing to do is not to go food shopping on an empty stomach. If you do you just crave really bad food and (if youre weaked willed like me!) end up buying it! Also always take a healthy snack like some fruit or a cereal bar around in your bag - that way if you're unexpectedly out for a long time you wont be tempted to go and by a bar of chocolate to keep you going.
themonkeysuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:15 PM   #22  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

-After years of saying I don't have the willpower, I've started working out in the mornings. It's great. I do it, just get it over with, and then it's not hanging over my head all freakin' day long! Plus, then I get to use the gym's showers, which may not sound like a motivation, until you learn that my gym has INCREDIBLE water pressure!!
-I get to by a new song on iTunes (.99!) every time I lose a pound and keep it off for a week. This one has the added benifit of keeping my workout mixes fresh.
Quote:
Also always take a healthy snack like some fruit or a cereal bar around in your bag - that way if you're unexpectedly out for a long time you wont be tempted to go and by a bar of chocolate to keep you going.
This is SO true! Fail to plan; plan to fail.
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:45 PM   #23  
I'm gettin' there

S/C/G: 261.5/177/130

Height: 5'4"

This tip is actually something I had read a couple of months ago on this site.

When you're having a craving, get up and brush your teeth instead. While doing something else, you forget your craving and the taste of the toothpaste in your mouth sorta tricks you into believing you did have a snack.

The key for me to avoid temptations is to keep myself busy.
Miss Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:57 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

I bring my gym bag to work with me every day. I park on the side of the building that forces me to walk by the gym. Carrying that bag for 2 days in a row without stopping at the gym, usually guilts me in to going in on the third day.

Also, if I intend to go running after work, I'll bring my gym bag and change at work. I have a 30 minute drive home to talk myself out of going for my run. If I'm already in my workout clothes when I've arrived home... it limits my amount of excuses. And I feel guilty when my roommates get hoome and ask "So did you work out?!" (since I have the clothes on) I have to be like "no... I just changed into them..."
AmberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:03 PM   #25  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

I'm all about the morning workouts. I am not good at sleeping in so once my alarm goes off im out of bed. I go before work and I feel like I'm doing it for me rather than against my will at the end of a stressful work day. This also allows me to visit friends on the spur of the moment rather than debating whether to go out for dinner or go to the gym. Who wants to ahve to make that decision?
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:19 PM   #26  
Finding myself...

S/C/G: 212/194.5/191

Height: 5'5

ok the preparation H thing, its because they have to have a waistline standard to be on the army ... and some boys told me, that you sweat and you'll have a leaner waistline... and on the web i found this ::

The other rumored use of Preparation H is when you want to shed a few inches from your waist. Apparently by applying a generous amount of cream to your waist and then covering that with a plastic wrap, you will decrease your waist by at least two sizes if repeated over a week long period. The legend goes that this practice was started by the military to shed some inches on the waists of recruits that just didn't meet the standards.

And military friends told me they did it...and worked.
casifromPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:23 PM   #27  
Crazy Diet

Height: 162cm

I have a hobby of eating salad made of negative calories vegetables and fruits. For dressing I use plain low fat yoghurt, somehow the taste is addictive. That helps a lot since I eat those salad for dinner.

I exercise 2 - 3 times a week for 2 hours. I find more motivation to exercise in gym rather than at home
cherrylinda is offline   Reply With Quote