Old 03-31-2007, 08:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/259/180

Height: 5'11

Wink New girl

hey guys,
my name is allie. i'm 20 yo, and nearly 6ft tall. my high weight was 310 back in the summer of 05 when i started this. i lost 50 lbs pretty quickly, by christmas that year actually... then maintained that loss for almost exactly a year. i started back losing again right around this past christmas and have lost another 30 lbs and am steady loosing still. today i officially have lost 80 lbs and im loving it.

i just started coming to 3fc but i thought i'd introduce myself and tell you a little about me.

im a calorie counter and consider this more a lifestyle than a diet... i definitly have loosing and maintaining modes that i can slip into and out of but even when im not paying attention and actively trying to lose, i find it pretty natural to eat reasonably.

i'll go ahead and make a confession, i do not exercise. thats right, ive lost 80 lbs without exercising. but ive decided that im going to start couch to 5k in the next week or two and train for races from here on out.

well ladies, ive been lurking for a minute but now its time to make friends
watchhershrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:43 PM   #2  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Hi there! I'm a newbie too. I am so glad to have found this place, it has a lot of motivational things that I need to stay on the right path.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 212/210/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi, I'm a newbie too!
bessiecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Hello and

I think I've seen you on the hundred pound thread too. Everyone here is wonderful and very supportive.

I'm a calorie counter too. I agree with you that I see that the best way to make it a lifestyle and to a way to keep the weight off.

For a long time I didn't exercise either. Or I should say the only exercised I did was walk to and from school each day (I still consider it exercise because 1. I'm lugging 40 pounds off books and other stuff; 2. I make a effort to do it, I could easily set up rides to and from school every day but I at least walk there everyday.) I'm currently doing the C25K program. I don't know if I'll actually run a 5 K besides on my treadmill but I just want the ability to be able to do it. A personal suggestion if you are not use to running I would suggest doing each week twice and increasing speed in the second week. Doing it two weeks at a time has helped me a lot in building strenght and endurance.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:20 PM   #5  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

CONGRATS on the weight loss! And for starting to train for a 5K. Wow! That is great. Welcome!!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:33 PM   #6  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Hi Allie! Welcome!
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/209/150

Height: 5'6"

Jessie_777 is offline   Reply With Quote