Old 03-25-2007, 06:17 PM   #1  
Mandy

S/C/G: 360+/243/190

Height: 5'10

Default Exercise that has been working for me

Thought I would just pass on what exercise has been working for me...

At my highest weight 360+(I couldn't find a scale that would actually give me an accurate reading) I started with Richard Simmons Sweatin to the Oldies.
Now 243 I've gone to Leslie Sansone's Walk away the lbs where I started at one and two mile walks and I'm up to 4 miles(got the new one 5 mile walk being shipped!)I'm even doing the ones that have walking and jogging together!! Would not ever believe one year ago that I could be jogging. This is all in place and in the privacy of your home!

Thought someone could use some new ideas!!
mandie0383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 06:50 PM   #2  

congratulations!!! sounds like you're doing great!
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:11 PM   #3  
Chunky Dunker

S/C/G: 252.8/tick-tick-tickerrrr/215

Height: 5'6"

Can you tell me about Walk Away the Lbs-- I've heard about it! Is it a video? How does it work?
WakeMeForSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:52 PM   #4  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Hey! Welcome! And congratu-freaking-lations on your weight loss, that is tremendous!
It is my ambition to be able to jog.........
And I know that there is some type of exercise forum or thread or something on watp, but i am with leslie........ can you explain it to us please......?
Thanks, you make it sound so great!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/270s/120

Height: 5'1"

WakeMeForSummer - I have the Walk Away The Pounds video, too. Basically what it is, you walk in place mostly, with a few simple moves such as side steps and knee-lifts thrown in - enough to measure the number of miles you want to walk. I dunno about someone who exercises a lot but for a complete couch potato like me, it really is a pretty good work out. I love it. I can actually start to feel the burn in my legs after a mile of walking.
Dawn2Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:58 PM   #6  
Mandy

S/C/G: 360+/243/190

Height: 5'10

There are videos for people who are just beginning as well as more moderate exercise. I have a few VHS tapes and they are also available on DVD. She even has a tape for senior citizens I believe. Walking away the pounds is walking in place, the sound of the music is the beat that you have to move to. So the faster the pace of the music the faster you walk in place. She puts in some different moves like dawn2dusk states, knee-lifts, kicks, side steps. For some reason the tapes are not like a treadmill or a stair climber, you actually enjoy it! They are offered in one mile (15 mins), two miles(30 mins) and three mile(45) mins. She even offers a few different DVD's walking and jogging, walking and kicking and for the more advance the 4 mile Express and 5 mile Express(I haven't gotten this one in yet!).

Just saw that a couple of people were posting about not having a fun exercise, needless to say there are not many fun exercises out there, but this is fun and does work wonders!
mandie0383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:43 AM   #7  
Chunky Dunker

S/C/G: 252.8/tick-tick-tickerrrr/215

Height: 5'6"

Sounds really low impact? I'm looking for something my dad might be able to do.. he's had a heart attack that really slowed him down...
WakeMeForSummer is offline   Reply With Quote