Old 03-23-2007, 09:44 AM   #1  
Chunky Dunker

S/C/G: 252.8/tick-tick-tickerrrr/215

Height: 5'6"

Default The scale got me again!

I swore off weighing myself, except on mondays-- but I failed today, and I'm back where I started according to the scale! I have been good ! I didn't cheat and ran twice this week! Someone-- make me feel less crappy!!
WakeMeForSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:59 AM   #2  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Don't let the scale bring you down. One thing you know is that your efforts will pay off! Maybe it wont be on the day you want it to but in the end it will. Don't let this set you back - keep up the good work and your hard work will get you to your goal!

You've already come so far!
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/165/125

Awww...don't let the scale get you down. The same thing happened to me this week. I try to stay off the scale, but it's like some kind of addiction...I must get on! The other day I was up from what I lost and today *poof* it was gone plus some extra. You are doing the right thing. If you keep it up the weight is bound to come off! Don't give up! You can do it!!!
ChubbyNoMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:52 PM   #4  
Chuggin' along...

I use the scale as sort of a guideline. But it is certainly not the be all, end all. If it doesn't say what you want it to, think of the less concrete benefits of your healthier lifestyle. Think about how great you felt when you finished those runs. Think about how much better your body feels eating better/less foods. Try to focus on the less tangible benefits. You're doing awesome, stick with it!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

The scale and I definitely have an icy relationship at best!

Since I started running and working out at the gym the scale and has not budged...not really. It flucuates by almost 2 kilos from day to day. I have had a week where I ran 5 mornings and went to the gym 6 evenings and the blasted scales read MORE than the start of the week.

To be fair I now have what I'd term "runners thighs" whereby pants that fit around my waist are 2 sizes smaller than those I need to get around my thighs :P But thats muscle.

...On a random side note that problem seems to occur more with american sizes. We have a store here that stocks clothes in US sizes and cuts and they always have these tiny stick like legs on them. Australian sizes seem to be a bit more "relaxed" when it comes to legs...*shrugs*

It doesn't stop the scale being the most depressing beast on earth.

Bottom line - if you're doing all the right things your body will be thanking you. You may be retaining water from the exercise, you could be gaining muscle...just go by clothes fit rather than scale. Thats what I *try* to do lol. You're doing great!

Liv
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:48 PM   #6  
McPheever! Yey!

Height: 5'4"

Aww. Don't let it get you down! Maybe you just drank a lot of water? OR your period is near.
killmisspiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:56 PM   #7  
Chunky Dunker

Default Amazing, beautiful women !!

THANKS GUYS !! I love this darn site !! :-)
Old 03-23-2007, 11:18 PM   #8  
40 lbs to go

S/C/G: 207/186/150

That happens to me alot. The weeks I "know" I lost, I haven't. And the weeks I am sure I "gained" I lose! Hang in there you are doing great!
Cindy1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:10 AM   #9  
In Search of Collarbones

S/C/G: 171/154/125

Height: 5'3"

Same with me. Just remember that there is more to your body than fat, and things likke water, muscle, etc are gonna fluctuate. Your weight at weigh in time is just a snapshot of what you are made of at that moment.

Don't worry- it happens to all of us!
futurepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:16 PM   #10  
Chunky Dunker

Thanks again, everyone-- feeling much better today ! :-)
Old 03-25-2007, 11:28 PM   #11  
one of my goals!

S/C/G: 215/203/150

Height: 5'7"

I hate the scale as well, but for me it is a necessary evil, if I don't weigh myself once a week I tend to gain weight. Then again, I also can't weigh myself every day, because I go nuts...
I will be interested to see what my scale will tell me tomorrow morning.
BrunetteChic_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote