3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   **Weekly Chat - 26 Feb - 4 March** (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/105766-%2A%2Aweekly-chat-26-feb-4-march%2A%2A.html)

Megan1982 02-27-2007 11:42 AM

**Weekly Chat - 26 Feb - 4 March**

Hi everyone,

I looked and looked and I don't see a thread started for this week and it's Tuesday already! Of course I'm a little loopy on cold meds so maybe I'm just missing one. Hopefully not. I'm at work despite a bad cold because I can't afford to take any time off. I spent Thurs-Sunday w/ some girlfriends in Boston & New Hampshire and we had soooo much fun. We went skiing and boy it was cold. Luckily my cold didn't become full-blown until I got home Sunday night. And I am such a workout dork. We went to Filene's basement in Boston and what did I buy? Workout pants and sports bras. At least I got a new bikini too. Motivation to keep working out.

We didn't eat horribly but I didn't watch what I ate too carefully while I was gone. I was back at the gym last night despite feeling sick because it's my aerobics instructor's last week of classes. Waaah! After she's gone I'm going to try and sit down and plan out some better workouts using moves I've learned from her/mine shape magazine and fitness articles for ideas for better all-over toning. Last week she told me she thinks I've lost inches in my 2 months of classes with her. I would agree - my pants fit, instead of being tight, even though I haven't lost weight and am over my desired weight.

I'm going to try and run tonight, if I feel up to it. I'm the type of person who just gets really annoyed when she's sick. I don't have time for it!

What is everyone else up to? Is everyone still down with illnesses and injuries? I hope not! Have a good week everyone.

Bikini Dreader 02-27-2007 12:59 PM

I hope it is ok that I join this thread. I'm really enjoying being a part of this community. I had a hard blow on Sunday as my trainer/friend gave me my workout program and also we did an assessment so that I know where I am now. I am a lot more of a body fat percentage than I thought I was so that was quite upsetting. I'm not letting it bring me down though. Just more of a reason that this is the time for me to get back in shape and stop going the wrong direction. I've been really good with my eating lately and have had very few treats. The best part is, I'm not forbidding anything, just being very concious of my decisions and asking myself if whatever it is that is offered or I'm considering is really worth possibly not reaching my goal. At this point, nothing is worth dissapointing myself. I'm tired of being unhappy. I went for a really nice walk last night after dinner with my music playing. It was great. So relaxing and I felt good about moving a little instead of lying on the couch.

I hope everyone has a nice week and thanks for letting me join!

RidiculouslyAddicted 02-27-2007 01:14 PM

Hi Bikini Dreader!! Welcome!! I'm not quite a regular here yet, but I'm trying to be. Everyone's very welcoming and nice; I'm sure no one will mind that you're joining in!

I have now had two weeks in a row where I had one meal a week off plan. In those two weeks, I've lost 3 pounds -- more than I have in any two week period since I ended Phase I of South Beach. Therefore, I'm going to run with this, for now anyway, unless I see a decrease in weight loss or a (horror of all horrors) gain.

Sounds like you had a blast, Megan. I'm waaaayyyy to chicken to buy myself a bikini yet (I won't even buy new bras, yet), but I guess you're a lot closer to where you want to be than I am!

It's been a rough week so far here. Boyfriend hurt his foot badly in hockey and is refusing to get it looked at by a doctor. Plus his grandma died unexpectedly so we're a bit worried about his mom, and he has to go to Vancouver Island this weekend. The keyboard return on my desk broke this morning, something my boss will NOT be happy about when he gets back on Wendesday. My boss is being a first-class jerk, and our electricity bill is 5x the normal amount this month (LONG story -- ignorance is NOT bliss!). So I've been stressing a lot over stuff, have a constant headache, and I ate 10 macadamia nuts, 2 vegetable chips, and 1/10 of an Atkins bar, none of which was planned for. Of course, it could be a LOT worse, right? I just need to focus on drinking my water.

I hope everyone's feeling better and doing well! Is it getting warmer everywhere but here? It's -17 C here. Brrrrrr!

JaimePhan 02-27-2007 01:31 PM

I am cranky today. Booooooooooooo. I want to break 140 pounds by the end of March, but every time I add in a grain or a piece of fruit, I see a huge weight gain on the scale. I know, I am just peeking, only counting on my real weigh in day, but I STILL don't like to see a 5 pound gain for an apple and half of a WW pita pocket and some red wine, you know?

Bah. I'm just irritable today, I apologize. I just looked at the calendar, and I see why. My last period started on 2/9/07, so I am officially nearing PMS mode. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...;)

I hope you are all well!

muzikjunky 02-27-2007 04:41 PM

Been packing/cleaning, and getting ready to move on the First..plus working...and I haven't worked out at the Y in a few days. But, I took a walk yesterday. It was nice. It wasn't too cold, the sun was warm though. :)

Stressed about a friend backing out on us at the last minute saying she wasn't going to move in with us, and I'll know in about 15 minutes if our other friend passed the application. -crosses fingers-

Going to a concert tonight, which is awesome. I guess it's a treat for myself for losing 17lbs. heh.

I don't know if I can weigh in this week because of that TOM, I feel yucky. Head hurts, Bloated, etc. I wouldn't even dare get on the scale and burst my ego with how I am right now. LOL.

Well, I haven't been that active on here lately either..and it's because of moving/work. So. I don't want anyone to think that I am giving up. Because I am NOT. I am determined that this is the year for me to be healthy.

Hope all you ladies are having a great week so far!

:grouphug:

sexybrokechick 02-27-2007 06:05 PM

I had a McDonald's bacon ranch salad and a small fries. Eh. It's been a long day. I've pretty much stayed on plan though.

My brother said I may lose the internet for 48-72 hours starting tomorrow while he tries to fix a wire. Our DSL connection is going in and out because one of the wires is broken.

muzikjunky: It may be hard to believe but I haven't been to a concert since Nov. 2004. It was Yellowcard and a week before the 2004 election.

muzikjunky 02-28-2007 01:32 AM

Wow. Well, I have only been to two, so. You might have me beat. lol. I went to see Sara Evans at the MAC when I was living in KY, and tonight we went to see Crossfade & Saliva at Cattle Annie's. It was AWESOME! Crossfade signed one of my fav shirts, and I am going to frame it. LOL. Also, got a pic with Ed, but the quality is :censored:!! Also bought a CD right from the hand of the Drummer. w0ot! So worth it. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexybrokechick (Post 1589716)
muzikjunky: It may be hard to believe but I haven't been to a concert since Nov. 2004. It was Yellowcard and a week before the 2004 election.

I have to confess something. About the 40 days & 40 nights thing. If I don't tell ya'll then I will probably spontaneously combust! lol. Ehhh. I had trouble sleeping the night before, and didn't get to bed until after 6 in the morning. Mom woke up and needed me also, so it was a good thing I was still up. Anywho. Accidently slept until 4:30 PM! JEEZ. :( I had a lot to do today also. The big move is on Thursday. blah. Anywho. All I had to eat today was a granola bar. My stomach has been all messed up because my friend who was suppose to move in with us, decided she couldn't at the last minute because of a job offer..so..ah. Yeah. Anywho. Had to rush to get ready to go to the concert..and I still hadn't eaten anything else. When we got there we got a beer, miller lite..I haven't had beer in so long it was weird but nice. lol. Since I hadn't eaten much I was a bit tipsy from just one. Sooo...We ate at cattle annies. I feel so bad! It's like I broke a promise. Yanno? It wasn't too bad though....grilled chicken, a sweet potato, salad, and water with a slice of lemon. But..I still feel HORRIBLE about it. I will add an extra day on to make up for it I guess. =/ Next time I'll make sure to eat more before we go out....

Well...My ears have finally quit ringing from the concert so I am gonna go to bed. LOL. nite all! :)

Aquanetrocker 02-28-2007 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzikjunky (Post 1590295)
I feel so bad! It's like I broke a promise. Yanno?

Isn't that funny? That's how I feel when I eat crap too. I feel personally responsible to lose this weight largely in part because of all the people who are supporting me.My friends, family and 3FC crew; I don't want to let anyone down.

I'm finally working day shift and I'm hoping that it will straighten out my sleep schedule. My trainer was telling me that my crazy sleeping pattern is making it harder for me to lose weight. It also makes my days off useless and I get really down. I would love to have the willpower to wake up early on my days off, but I'm sort of at the point where I don't have energy to do much else beyond watching my food intake and exercising.
I'm really trying to be a runner, but sometimes I feel like I'm going to bust a lung! My trainer assures me that in fact, yes, large bodies are made to run too..
Plans for this week: Be productive around the house. I haven't cleaned in months, and my plants are dying. When my stuff is organized, my brain works better.:yoga:

I'm looking into buying a new scale, any recommendations? Mine is getting to be more than a little off.. the other day it read 117lbs, I mean, I guess it's good to know that the display works on numbers that low, but seriously it will never accurately read 11-anything lbs so long as it lives in my home :)

zuluprincess 02-28-2007 06:16 AM

I'm a big stressed myself... I've been stuck at 246 for a about a week now. It's been frustrating and i've been tempted to cheap because i'm not seeing results. I'm really going to have to work harder at the gym because i don't want all my efforts going down the drain becuase of this. I just need to lose 1 pound... aaarrrgggghhhh!!!!

Anyway, good luck to everyone.

amb_lyn 02-28-2007 09:18 AM

Hope you're feeling better today Megan!! :getwell:

:welcome3: to the group Bikini

RidiculouslyAddicted Way to go on the weight loss!! So sorry to hear about your bf and his family.

JaimePhan You can do it! Stick with it!

Brooke Good luck with your move! Hope all your help shows up. A concert sounds fun!! Great job on the 17lbs lost..that's fantastic! Glad you had a good time at the concert. I LOVE Saliva & Crossfade!! I'm envying you right now!!! Your dinner doesn't sound too bad. Just remember, don't let it get you on a downward spiral, just pick yourself up, brush it off, and move on!

sexybrokechick I always wondered about that salad. I just avoid McD's because the last few times i've eaten there, i feel ill afterwards. Those yummy fries and chicken sandwiches..omg they were my fav!! Now I can't eat them.. But I sometimes think the salads would prob be ok.. From the sounds of it, not worth my time..

Aquanetrocker :welcome3: to the board first of all. I just have to tell you I LOVE my trainer!! I can't wait until I can start working with her again! OMG I miss it!!

zuluprincess :welcome3: to the board as well! Don't put so much pressure on yourself. That's something i've learned along the way. It's taken me a loooooooooooooooooooooooong time to learn that! I have found that if I don't stress over every little thing I eat, the weight comes off easier. Increase your water and veggies and make sure you're exercising regularly, the weight will come off!! You can do it!!:carrot:

As for me, well, it's been a looooong few weeks. Had surgery on the 19th so am recovering from that. Going well. I ventured out of the house yesterday on my own, drove out of town and everything. I am *Hoping* to be able to return to work on Monday. I am going CRAZY sitting here at home. I had some insomnia last night.. :( UGH!

I am seriously missing my trainer & working out. I can't start working out for a few more weeks still yet. *Sigh* NEVER would I have thought i'd miss exercise!! Wow have I come a loonng way over the last 11mos. I'm almost at a year as to when I started this lifestyle change. March 29th. I have lost 32#, an awesome amount of inches off my body! and have learned a whole new way of eating and being healthy, AND I LOVE to exercise now!! I am wanting to run a 5K this year. That's a goal of mine. *Crossing fingers*

Hope everyone has a GREAT week!!

sexybrokechick 02-28-2007 07:38 PM

Argh. I had KFC today and I didn't exercise, I haven't exercised the past two days. I feel the TOM is coming but its not just it. My step machine is dead and I'm having a hard time figuring out what kind of cardio I can do (DVDs, etc) until it's finally warm and deiced enough to go and start walking/running outside again. I feel like I've failed this week.

muzikjunky 03-01-2007 08:03 AM

Well, all. I am going to get a ton of exercise today. lol. Carrying boxes, and light furniture across the street from the 2 bdrm to the 3bdrm. I just watched the news, and it's suppose to rain this afternoon. NOOO! :( Ah, man. What a day to move. The movers are suppose to be here in the afternoon to move all the big furniture. Man, I haven't been up this early in quite awhile. Have to be though because the gas/power/water company will be coming from 8-4pm so I have to be up and on the lookout for them..

Ah, well. Gonna go get some breakfast. Have a great day ladies! :)

amb_lyn 03-01-2007 09:17 AM

Good luck Brooke! Lift with your knees not your back!

muzikjunky 03-01-2007 09:42 AM

I'll remember that. lol. Thanks, Amber! Have a great day. :)

Bikini Dreader 03-01-2007 09:48 AM

Feeling good

Good luck with the move! That's tons of exercise.

I went to the Indian Buffet with my friend yesterday for lunch. I was really worried about going because this is a friend that likes to encourage me to overeat and the buffet is such a hard place to make sure you are in control. But I am quite happy with my choices there. First I had an entire plate of 2 kinds of salad and some tomatoes and cucumber plain. Then, because I absolutely love it, I only had butter chicken and a tiny bit of rice as well as a small scoop of cashew veggies. I tried to minimize the sauce but I'm sure this was quite high calorie. For dessert I had a bit more salad and some pineapple and orange slices. Not bad at all. I didnt have a few things I normally throw on the plate like: Naan bread (my favourite), those dough balls (dessert type), ice cream, and the potato and cauliflower mix. I didnt overeat and when I got home I just had a very small dinner since I wasn't too hungry.
I've been doing really well with not eating after 8pm and not missing it at all. I dont know what I was thinking eating so much every day. I feel like I am back to myself again finally! Somehow I've gotten in the mindset that I am not overeating for my own benefit. I know I'm supposed to not have this weight on me to be my regular weight, so I'm just getting back to that weight. It doesnt feel like work. I dont want to eat the crappy foods because they will not allow me to lose the weight. I swear it is because of that book The Secret that Oprah had a couple shows about. I feel so much better.

I hope everyone is having a good day! I think this site is a huge motivater as well. It's hard to find supportive people out there who actually want to see you succeed. I feel like I have a couple toxic friends who really don't support me. I'm just so determined to get back to myself.