Old 02-01-2007, 11:04 AM   #61  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

Height: 5'7"

That's great, Megan, you should definitely wait until you're ready, we just have an ongoing joke right now. Some of the girls expressed how they say it's not possible they're pregnant, as you can tell with some of the rather witty and sarcastic answers and I mentioned what it's like in the Military World. No one here thinks they have to do something just because a lot of people think they should, it's just a joke, something we've talked about for the sake of a good laugh.

Speaking of, when Tim would talk about me so much before we got married, I was known around his shop as "future Mrs. Adams" and once we were married, the joke was changed to "Mrs. (current rank) Adams" so right now it's Mrs. Sgt Adams. Some people get it and think it's funny, some think I try to use his rank to make me better...HA yeah right. Everyone knows wives outrank everyone I saw the funniest cartoon thing and that's why I say that..a military wife is running with her baby in the stroller and singing a cadence
"Marine Wife, Marine Wife
Com'n on Through
No Matter what your rank
We OUT RANK YOU!
OH YEAH, GIVE ME SOME....."

and two of my favorite sempertoon quotes "If you slept last night you're NOT that BUSY"

"I just realized something!! After I retire from the Service.....I have to grow up."

I hope it brings a little laugh to you ladies!
TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:12 AM   #62  

Good morning!

I just read the posts on my "fabulous fit finds" and now I'm sad because I didn't think about how it is CALORIES and not necessarily grams of fat that make you lose weight. I chose the 100 calories 0g fat pudding snack instead of the 40 calories 1.5g fat. I don't want to keep eating the 100 calorie ones because I don't need unneccessary calories, but I JUST bought them so I would have to throw them all out. The question is which is more imporatant to me, my budget or my waist line. This may sound rediculous to some of you, but I'm sure there are others on this board that can understand how crazy watching your calories can make you.

I have a pair of jeans (that I wore last year) that I am STILL trying to get into. At first they didn't even go up my butt, but when I started eating healthy I was slowly able to put them on and zipper them. They are still WAAAAY too tight to wear them around (if I plan on breathing). But I am frustrated because I feel like they feel the same on me since the 1st week I started eating healthy. AND ITS BEEN A MONTH ON MY DIET!!! BLAH!!!
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:16 AM   #63  
Proud Marine Wife

Eat them. If you aren't going over your calories, it's fine. I always heard that it's the combination anyways, fat and calories. That fat can store up, and the calories can cause fat to store because too many go beyond what you need for energy. Plus, you can just burn some of the extra calories. Just stick with the pudding you prefer And in my experience of my own body's way, my butt, hips and thighs are the last thing to go
Old 02-01-2007, 11:28 AM   #64  
Proud Marine Wife

Question

By the way, has anyone seen Rachel (newarmywife) lately? We used to talk everyday on aim, and she said she'd be back one monday in a private message but that was over a week ago. I was just wondering if maybe someone else talked to her any all since then...I'm getting worried.

I need some more buddies. Her and Brooke are my main one's but I can't keep myself focused and on track. If anyone uses the messengers, send me a message. All my stuff is in my profile.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:00 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

lmao Tracy! I'm gonna fwd that quote about growing up to my friend with the bf who just got out of the army.. he's in total cultureshock... "huh what?" And he doesn't know what to do with himself! You're so right though... everyone knows the wife is the boss!

Cookiemonster,fat DOES play a factor, but don't be fooled by "nonfat" and "lowfat" labels- they can pack a lot of calories. If you enjoy your 100-calorie packs, go for it.. it's not going to break the calorie bank!

Hmm I never added my AIm name to my profile, that's a good idea!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:37 PM   #66  
yoyos are toys not people

S/C/G: 169/169/145

Height: 5'7

good morning everyone! and thank you for the warm welcome!

aaah! i hear you all about the baby thing. i think sometimes people forget how much of an adjustment their first year of marriage (or even first five!) were.....and how young i really am. i could wait TEN years to have a baby, and still only be 33. besides, i want to get thin and STAY thin for awhile before i have to worry about losing baby weight on top of my "food baby" weight.

oh well. they all mean well.

mc_crew -- yay for throwing out the candy! isn't it amazing how in some people even just that teensy bit of sugar will turn into a full out binge? bah. i'm still trying to remember that about myself.

my big victory yesterday was only eating 1/4 of a muffin at work instead of 2 or 3. i work in a restaurant and they're always cooking up yummy things....and the kitchen guys get their feelings hurt if i don't try it every single time. *sigh* someday i'll figure out how not to care...but until then, 1/4 a muffin seems to appease them.

why does even skim milk have to have so many calories? i've made my latte as diet friendly as possible (non fat and sugar free) and it's still 3 points. dieting was easier when i liked plain black coffee.
ilzabet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:26 PM   #67  
Chuggin' along...

Hey ladies,

I apologize if my earlier comment about not wanting babies/getting married was misconstrued. I didn't mean my response to the conversation to be snapping at any of you, but perhaps it seems that way. I was just putting my two cents in - that everyone can decide for themself when they're ready. No offense intended.

CookieMonster416, I totally understand about the budget. 100 calories still isn't a whole lot, and maybe you could just get the 40 calorie cups next time. And hey, if you can get your pants up where you couldn't before, you're making progress! Good work!

It is so wrong of me, but I'm actually sort of excited that the woman who was supposed to make my co-worker's birthday cake for work (she was going to get 2, at work and at dinner) forgot to make it. So I only have 1 cake to deal with later tonight instead of 2. My co-worker still got b-day card, gifts etc. Does this make me a bad person? I got so freaked out about the cake that I went for a 2-mile walk at lunch!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:31 PM   #68  
Proud Marine Wife

It wasn't taken as offensive, I just wanted to make sure you knew it was a light-hearted joke You've got to admit, one of these ladies having the next immaculate conception would be pretty cool. We could be like "yeah, I know her, we're on the same diet message board"
Old 02-01-2007, 03:33 PM   #69  
Proud US Navy Wife

My 2 cents!

Gah, MILITARY! I've been dating my boyfriend for over 5 years, and people are always asking us when we are getting married. Heck, I had people expecting him to propose before he left for bootcamp - this was right after he graduated HS, and I was just entering my senior year. I also had a friend insist I talk to him about marriage before I moved down here with him last May.. um, no. He knows my one condition is I want to be married before he leaves on a ship again, which won't be for at least 3 years. I'm in no rush for marriage, or children. Someday is good enough for me, right now I'm just enjoying being with him rather than the 8 hours apart we used to be!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:41 PM   #70  
Proud Marine Wife

Oh man, Fae, isn't that the worst? It's like "you know, we're capable of making decisions on our own, thank you." I had a Master Sergeant that called me Mom and always asked when we were having kids. I want to hide the fact that we have kids when we do have them, and then when his military buddies ask us after the kids have turned 18 or older and moved out of the house just say "yeah we had kids, 18 years ago suckers!!" I wish that would work...either that or pay off news stations in every state and country with people that know us to make it part of the top priority news when it happens.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:59 PM   #71  

you ladies are hilarious. just thought i'd share!

I have an opposite marriage/kids experience.... my dad is really laid back and just wants me to do what I want to do, but my mom is very, very anti-marriage (post-divorcing my dad). She's skeptical of any man to enter anyone's life. Her highest compliment paid to DF was "at least you found a guy who probably won't cheat on you." HMMM... I haven't been discouraged to get married, but there's certainly not much encouragement going on, either! My whole family is so jaded....
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:10 PM   #72  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

S/C/G: 262/198/160

Wow. Busy, busy day. Mom had her doctors appointment, and she's no longer non weight barring! She can walk, but with her walker, and a hinge brace, which is awesome. I am so proud of her! As a treat Melody & I took her to the beauty salon, and she got a haircut, her hair washed, got a perm, and got her eyebrows done. She says she feels a lot better about herself, and I am so glad.

Then she wanted to go to Wal-mart, and we got all of that done...then she wanted to go to LJS, so..we took her there..and she got some food that smelled like nothing but pure grease. At first it smelled good, and then I was like...ick..and it's funny...I started smelling the scent of our YMCA...LOL! Which took my mind off of the icky food.

We got Mom inside, got our stuff together..and went to the Y. I ran on the treadmill! YAY! It felt SO good. I did 15 minutes at 3.5, and 15 minutes at 4.5. One minute here, one minute there. 20 minutes of the cycle, and there's this arm rowing thing..I did 5 on that, and did a 5 minute stretch. So, got my hour in for the day.

Yay for a good start for Feb!!! I feel great.

Hope everyone had a great day!!

Oh, and I'm feeling pretty good about my weigh in tomorrow. Melody said for me not to be upset if the scale doesn't move much because she can tell that I am packing on some muscle. I am sure I won't be disappointed. ;D
muzikjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:04 PM   #73  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

S/C/G: 262/198/160

I am trying to log that hand/arm bicycle in my fitday, and I can't think of what I can put it as to save my life. Any suggestions?
muzikjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:47 AM   #74  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Heres a new sigy if you are part of the feb challenge and want to use it...

trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:12 AM   #75  
Proud Marine Wife

Yay Brooke! I'm glad your mom is doing so much better. Who knows, maybe after her brace comes off she'll be up at the Y with you guys outrunning you all