3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   **Weekly Chat - 22 Jan - 28 Jan** (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/102666-%2A%2Aweekly-chat-22-jan-28-jan%2A%2A.html)

Daisy Boo 01-21-2007 08:04 PM

**Weekly Chat - 22 Jan - 28 Jan**

Morning all! ;) Wow, its been a while since I have done one of these threads.

I have been in hiding for a while just going through some stuff but today I have my "ready to lose the weight" hat on and it is staying on.

I had a good start to the day with a blueberry smoothie made at home and have planned out the rest of the day. I need to focus on eating a reasonable amount of food at the moment instead of overeating like I have been over the past 6 weeks.

The time is now!

I hope you all had a great weekend. It is Australia Day here on Friday so it is a 4 day week which is always a good thing. Still not sure what we are doing on Friday, but it may be a small bbq at home as it is also our puppy's 2nd birthday.

I look forward to seeing you guys on here more often :smug:

britomart 01-21-2007 08:16 PM

Hey, Daisy! You know, I was just reading your blog this afternoon to make sure you were still alive and kickin' :) Glad to see you around again!

Blah, okay, this week I resolve to eat well... eat healthy... eat regularly. The past three days have been a train wreck.

That's all I have to say right now :)

amb_lyn 01-21-2007 08:57 PM

I had a decent Sunday. Great eating and i did get a small treadmill workout in. I seriously need to get outta bed early in the morning and workout hard on my treadmill...

I spent some time outside in the snow today with my family.. was FREEZING by the time we came in.. It was fun though. I spent the rest of the day doing laundry and updating my parenting/ttc board I run. I haven't sat in front of the computer for several hours at a time in a loooooooooong time.

Have a great week everyone!

muzikjunky 01-21-2007 09:33 PM

How many carbs should a person have in a day? I am not good at looking at graphs, or what not..so a simple number will do just fine. LOL. I ask because..I think I had too many carbs today. =/ If I drink another protein shake here in a bit then it will even it out..but still....blah.

illinichick 01-21-2007 09:56 PM

I'm glad you're back, Daisy!

I've worked out like a fiend this weekend, so I hope it shows at tomorrow's weigh-in. I'm optimistic. I'm on a "team" at work, and I don't want to get eliminated...

Brooke- I really think the number of carbs depends on your plan. Ideally, carbs should make up 45-55% of your daily calorie intake, provided you aren't on a low-carb plan, of course. :) Sorry that isn't the simple number you're looking for, but hopefully it's a point in the right direction

I'm sleepy and not quite ready to start another week.

I hope you all had a great weekend!

babygrant 01-21-2007 10:04 PM

I have my weigh in for the 3FC Biggest Loser contest tommorow and I'm excited. I feel like I've done really well the past week :)

Amber, what kind of parenting board do you run? I'm always looking for another parenting forum to join. I have a 3 year old and 14 month old. Both boys. ;)

Hope everyone has a great week!

TracyFAdams 01-22-2007 08:19 AM

Brooke, you need about 130 grams of carbs a day as recommended by the...well, the people that decide that, but you would obvious need less if you're trying to do low carbs and replace them with protein. Females 19-30 also need 25 grams of fiber and 46 grams of protein and as little fat as possible.

My weekend was okay, much better than the 5000 calories I did last weekend. I still overdid it though. My husband wants to stay on the go so much so it's hard to get good foods in because it's his only time away from work so I want him to be able to do what he wants and go where he wants. But I can get back on track easily and next weekend we both agreed we wouldn't eat out so much. This time it kind of upset his stomach a little so next weekend will be better. It snowed, not quite an inch but finally something we can actually measure and it should hang around for a while. Other than that, I did something pretty drastic.

Saturday morning, I got my hair cut off. 1 foot, to be exact. The hair cut off will be donated, dedicated to my Grandmother who just won the battle against cancer number two, to Locks of Love to benefit children going through similar situations with cancer and other diseases. She was diagnosed with uteran cancer about 12 years ago, and last year was dianosed with breast cancer. After a left breast mastectomy, months of chemotherapy and weeks of daily radiation treatments that just ended recently, scans show no signs of anymore cancer! She battled this cancer while still carrying for her husband, my Grandfather, who is in a wheelchair from a stroke a few years ago. She is my inspiration and an Angel here on earth. One of the strongest women I know, she proves people can overcome anything if they have the heart to do it.

The hair I had...
http://a228.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...dcfc2ea7e3.jpg

My new haircut
http://a687.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...585f21e586.jpg

babygrant 01-22-2007 09:11 AM

Tracy I love the haircut!!!! You are beautiful! Your grandma sounds so courageous. What an amazing woman caring for someone else while going through Chemotherapy!

djs06 01-22-2007 09:23 AM

That's such a beautiful story! Thanks so much for sharing that.

Your hair looks great. I always wanted to donate to Locks of Love, but my hair NEVER gets long enough!

TracyFAdams 01-22-2007 09:23 AM

Thank you! I looked kinda sad in the picture, but I was just tired. I actually love this new cut. I knew I wouldn't be able to get rid of the hair if I waited until the spring, so I decided to just go for it! Plus it benefits me some too...the weight was giving me headaches sometimes from pulling it up in a ponytail and when it was wet, and now I'll save money on shampoo, water from washing, energy from drying it and advil from headaches :lol: I am pretty sure I can request a letter be sent so my Grandma knows it's dedicated to her, and that should put a big smile on her face.

lovethatsara 01-22-2007 11:47 AM

I'd love to join your weekly Chats. :) My name is Sara and I'm 22 in Hawaii.
Here's a pic of Me and my fiance Matt last month at his parent's place.
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g5...a/mattandi.jpg

Ange - Happy early Australia day. On Friday I turn 23 years old. and Happy birthday to your puppy :)

Amber - I know the feeling about having to get up early. I have to do the same, I'd love to get an extra workout in.

baby - I am sure you did great with the weigh in.

Tracy - That is so nice of you! I had long hair too I donated my hair to locks of love as well. I really like what they do for all those people. The new haircut looks great

djs06 01-22-2007 12:32 PM

:wave: hi Sara!

TracyFAdams 01-22-2007 12:39 PM

Hello Sara! Thanks for the compliment!! :carrot:

jessepp22 01-22-2007 02:12 PM

Hi all! I'm new to this, just found it today. I have just started my diet for the new year and I'm hoping I can stick to it. Last year I went through Weight Watchers for about two months before my schedule got very hectic. I had lost about 20 pounds while on it and was down to about 205. However, when I got too busy to go to Weight Watchers, I started gaining weight. I also moved into an apartment this past summer and my roommate and I did not have time or we did not feel like cooking after we would get home from a long day teaching swimming lessons. I also started drinking more and of course that packed on a lot of pounds. All of a sudden, at the end of last semester, I looked in the mirror and didn't recognize the girl who was staring back at me. I have become the worst version of myself I possibly could. It bothers me to look in the mirror because I have gotten to a weight that I am so unhappy. Motivation is always great and if anyone needs someone to talk to...I would really appreciate being able to talk to others.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...ERi/weight.png

TracyFAdams 01-22-2007 02:22 PM

:welcome3: Jessepp!

We're all here to help! You can post here, talk to any of us on the messengers (most have the contact info in our profiles) or send private messages. You can talk to me anytime, and I know all the others will say the very same thing. Are you following any type of specific diet or exercise plan? It usually helps to go ahead and share your short and long term goals and all the efforts you're making to reach them, then we can all motivate you and help you through it. Plus we can help keep tabs on you and make sure you stay on track. But when you do slip up, and trust me, we all do it, we can help get you right back on track.