**Weekly Chat - 22 Jan - 28 Jan** - Page 6 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 01-26-2007, 09:04 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Lizzie, I think we've all been there! I swear, once I graduated and got a full-time job it felt like a vacation! Good luck this semester, it's so great you can find the time for yourself to go to the gym! I agree- being busy is so helpful- it gives you time management skills- no time to procrastinate!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:35 AM   #77  
I ve cK MZk

S/C/G: 262/198/160

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, I guess I have lost that much. lol. But, I lost the first 40 something lbs in 2003, and then I just got lazy...didn't do much until 2006, but didn't gain the weight back? Guess I was active enough. lol. and now I've almost lost 20 more pounds. I will have to find some pictures to show you all. Find the 8x10 prom picture, and show you how I was back in high school. When I put that dress on now, wow...I should take a picture of that for ya'll also.

Anywho. gotta get going. The YMCA calls. LOL.
muzikjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:00 PM   #78  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

I am so happy right now! Not only did I find a really great cardio workout on my on demand called turbo jam, a 40 minute workout that includes hand weights and combines muscle sculpting and toning with cardio for fat burning (enough to be super excited because it doesn't seem like I'll get bored of it too quickly) but me and Tim are going to look into home gyms either tonight or this weekend! We talked about it before but the subject disappeared, and I've noticed that I'm not as strong as I used to be. I want to be able to tone my muscles and strengthen up some, along with doing cardio to burn some fat, but with one vehicle and sky high prices at the Y and no other gym around, I don't have many choices. Plus money is an issue, and I've found some great single unit pretty compact home gyms for $200-250. Considering the Y is $50 each to join plus montly fees around $50 to use the place, a month on several machines there would pay for the single unit that does a full body workout. He'd feel better being able to workout more, and I'd be able to tone up and stop feeling so flabby. I'm just so excited. I can't wait for my weigh in next Monday. I've always hated to see the scale but seeing those numbers going down is so great. Hopefully the change will be a little bigger now that I've found a really great workout to do inside since it's too cold to walk.

Hope everyone is having a great afternoon!!!
TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:16 PM   #79  
March Maddness

S/C/G: 190.2/170/145

Hey everybody!! I kinda new to the website I've only posted 3 times, but I just wanted to say thanks for all the inspiration and advice! I absolutely love the website! Anyways I am a recent college grad...thank GOD!! I was so sick of going to school!! I majored in Kinesiology and decided that noone would want to hire a 190 lb tubby Kines major so I needed to shape up and slim down!! So that's what I'm gonna do with yall's help!! Oh yea I'm from TX to so pardon the yall!!
bdane2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:23 PM   #80  
I ve cK MZk

lol. I say ya'll, and all of that also. Doesn't matter what part of the south you're from. Seems we all say it. Don't worry about it. heh.

by the way. I mean, Howdy.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:33 PM   #81  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Illinichick ~ CONGRATS!!

Brooke ~ You're allowed to indulge. If you didnt' overdo it then you will be fine.

Archy ~ WELCOME!! You'll find TONS of great support & advice here!!

Tracy ~ Hope you find a good deal on a home gym & it's one that you like.

Brittani ~ WELCOME!! So you're a kinesiologist huh? What EXACTLY is that? I'm just curious. Congrats on just graduating.

Well, I donated blood today. First time since I was in Jr. High.. Which was 1994 for the record. I was pretty nervous, afraid of passing out, etc.. Not a single problem! Wasn't near as bad as what I remember.. LOL Sooooo, they said no working out today/tomorrow morning but I can tomorrow night. Welll, we'r'e gonna be out shopping allll day tomorrow for my youngest son's birthday next weekend. Hopefully we'll get back early enough so I can get to the gym. I really hate to miss 2days in a row. Definitely will work out on Sunday though..no doubt about that.
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 07:52 PM   #82  
PHILLIES - WS CHAMPS!

S/C/G: H: 265/S: 263/C: 213/ G: 150

I managed to do a 60 min workout today. I'm so tired from work but I came here when I got home and after reading the posts, I felt inspired to work out after all. I've learned though that I have to listen to high-octane music to stay energized (rap, reggae).

amb_lyn: I'm jealous. I can't donate blood because my veins are considered too small. :\ Maybe as I continue to work out, it may change.
sexybrokechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:18 PM   #83  
here I go again...

amb_lyn: Good job on blood donation. Did you know that it takes 650 calories to regenerate/replace the blood that was donated? Woohoo!
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 10:10 PM   #84  
I ve cK MZk

I tried to donate blood awhile back at one of our local hospitals for a blood drive, and you kno whow they check your temp & what not..well...I had a temp of 99.9 which was really weird because I felt fine. I am planning to go back soon.

Great job on donating! That's amazing.

And that's really interesting info that it takes 650 calories to regenerate blood! Wow.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:50 AM   #85  

Holy cow, it's 11 degrees/53 degrees outside. At the end of January. This is nuts!

Who can say 'outdoor activities' today?
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 12:56 PM   #86  
I ve cK MZk

Yeah, it really is nice out today. Quite windy though here in Lynchburg. I am probably going to take the dog on a walk here in a bit. Melody was in a hurry this morning, and I didn't get my full hour of working out in. Just 45 minutes. Might take Dixie to the park or trail or something.

Actually..the trail sounds better. heh.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:00 PM   #87  
I ve cK MZk

Took Dixie on a walk to see a friend. 15 minutes there, and 15 minutes back. Gonna rest the rest of the weekend. I am tired. lol!
Old 01-29-2007, 09:45 AM   #88  
March Maddness

S/C/G: 190.2/170/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by amb_lyn View Post
Illinichick ~ CONGRATS!!

Brooke ~ You're allowed to indulge. If you didnt' overdo it then you will be fine.

Archy ~ WELCOME!! You'll find TONS of great support & advice here!!

Tracy ~ Hope you find a good deal on a home gym & it's one that you like.

Brittani ~ WELCOME!! So you're a kinesiologist huh? What EXACTLY is that? I'm just curious. Congrats on just graduating.

Well, I donated blood today. First time since I was in Jr. High.. Which was 1994 for the record. I was pretty nervous, afraid of passing out, etc.. Not a single problem! Wasn't near as bad as what I remember.. LOL Sooooo, they said no working out today/tomorrow morning but I can tomorrow night. Welll, we'r'e gonna be out shopping allll day tomorrow for my youngest son's birthday next weekend. Hopefully we'll get back early enough so I can get to the gym. I really hate to miss 2days in a row. Definitely will work out on Sunday though..no doubt about that.
Kinesiology I the study of human movement!!! It is what the coaches and trainers get their degrees in!! I'm a huge sports junky so it was right up my alley!!
bdane2007 is offline   Reply With Quote