Getting this weight off........ - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2001, 10:37 PM   #1  

Thumbs down Getting this weight off........

Hi. I am 27 years old, married and have a 7 year old son. I am 5'5.... I weigh 205 lbs.... I feel like an overgrown pig. I feel nasty and disgusting most of the time. I am ashamed of myself. I used to be thin and I looked alright. Now, I can't even stand to look at myself in the mirror. I am on a diet but it's my own. Nothing special. I'm giving up soft drinks, drinking more water.... cutting back on fried foods and fats... that kind of thing and I'm walking and exercising whenever I can. I have managed to lose 6 lbs. since October 1st as I did weigh in at a whopping 211..... So, if anyone wants a buddy... I'm here. I need the support really bad myself......

Keep Smiling,
Christie
Old 10-10-2001, 05:36 PM   #2  

Angry Looking to lose

Hi Christie! I'm 24, 5'8" and 180 lbs. My highest was 205, and I know what you're going through. The only plan I ever followed was Weight Watchers, and it was good but expensive. Basically, I just ate healthily, drank water, and made a point of turning off the TV and exercising instead.

Now I'm down to 180. My goal weight is 150 (that's the average recommended weight for my height). I know we can both do this Christie!!

I would love an email buddy for support. My email is [email protected].

Good luck!
Kelley
Old 10-11-2001, 10:02 PM   #3  

Default Thanks for the reply

Hi Kelley,

Thank you for replying to me. If it's ok, I'd like to email you and we can work at this together. It is the hardest thing I've done yet. Putting it on was the easy part. Be looking for my email soon. Smiles,
Christie
Old 10-15-2001, 09:30 AM   #4  

Hi! I am Dani. I am 5'6" and weigh 209.5(thanks to a 4.5 pound loss due to weight watchers). My goal right now for my 10% is 193. But, my overall goal is to weigh at the most 150. I am 23. At my most before I went to WW I was almost up to 230! So, I have lost quite a bit from there.
Old 10-15-2001, 10:10 AM   #5  
kick butt, mine needs it

Angry Kristie and Kelley

Hi there,
I read both of your threads and it sounds like we're three peas in a pod. I'm 26 yrs. old, 5'9", and weight 215....it feels like your whole life is in those numbers....anyway...I'm hoping that you'll both consider a three way support buddy system. I've tried every diet imaginable from WW to using Phen fen......pills make me sick....and my will power is ....well...what's will power? I've got the bad habit of sitting on my butt and quilting or scrapbooking or watching tv, instead of exercising....my husband eat's all the wrong things and never gains a pound, and doesn't like trying new meals....so I feel like I don't have any support system at all. My friends are all overweight also, but don't seem to want to do anything about it. So I'm on my own, and looking for some words of advice....
Hope to hear from you soon..... [email protected] .
Michelle
Old 10-15-2001, 09:55 PM   #6  

Default Weight Loss

To Dani and Michelle,

Hi this is Christie (CAG27)... Just to let you know, I am here to help. Weight loss is no magic trick. It took us an abundance of years to pile it on... SO, it will take some hard work to peel it off. But, the good news is....... WE CAN DO IT!! Willpower and desire! I started out on Oct. 1, 2001 weighing in at 211 lbs. I am only 5'5. So, you can imagine. Today, I am down to 203. I know that's not a drastic loss but it's not bad for 2 weeks. I think it will be easier to keep it off it we lose it slowly. My weakness was sodas. I usually always had one in my hand. I have cut down to one per day now. I drink what seems like tons of water and I walk a lot. I use the Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice meals for my lunch at work and at home for dinner, I just try to cook lightly and cut back portions. That first week is always the hardest. Just hang in there. If you would like some support, let me know. I will email you both and we'll all work at this together. Hang in there!!

Christie

Currently 203... Goal- 130-140..... ( big one, huh?)
Old 10-15-2001, 11:53 PM   #7  

Hey guys, you can all do this. . I started out on March 1, 2001 at 206 pounds. . something I never ever thought was possible. . today I'm ringing in at 151 and counting (downward ) You can all do this, just keep in mind it doesn't happen overnight, even though we may all want it too. . but it will happen.
Keep the smiles on and don't get discouraged, it'll happen.
Old 10-19-2001, 01:48 PM   #8  
Refreshed

Hey Ladies,

I am 5'4" and now weigh in at 135. I'm still trying to lose about five pounds and tone up more, especially as I'm top heavy. I used to be 5'0" and 170, but have lost some weight, after changing my habits.

I understand what it is like to be overweight and the feeling of having no will power. I am still having difficulty with losing those "last ten pounds" and with staying motivated.

If anyone is interested, I'd also love to chat and keep motivated!
Sincerely,

April Marie

Last edited by junebug41; 05-10-2010 at 05:51 PM. Reason: email removal
Closed Thread