3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   I hate stairs! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/101020-i-hate-stairs.html)

Infrogwetrust 01-02-2007 07:06 PM

I hate stairs!

I just hate them! I can walk, run, do the eliptical, play soccer...but to climb a flight of stairs just kills me. My goal this year is to be able to walk up FLIGHTS of stairs and not give it a second thought....does anyone else have a goal like that?

train 01-02-2007 07:11 PM

oh my gosh, i just had the same realization! i can walk and jog...but shoot, climbing lots of flights or up hill kills me. but it's not really a goal for me. i think i'll just continue working on overall fitness..and then maybe later work on the multiple flights of stairs!! good luck~

LittleElectron 01-02-2007 07:52 PM

My ex-boyfriend lived on the sixth floor--and there weren't any elevators. Usually I would visit him by going through the visit, which added another flight of stairs. My fitness goal was to be able to climb up to his room without needing to catch my breath once I got there! It does get easier, eventually.

thintowin 01-02-2007 10:31 PM

It gets easier if you keep at it. I work on the 4th floor of my building at work, and they are actually double flights of stairs. So I go up 8 sets of stairs each morning, and also at noon when I go down to get lunch.

teahoney 01-03-2007 07:23 AM

I hate stairs with a passion. That is why I rarely go to the upstairs office at my job. I am always telling them how much I hate stairs. So that is a goal for me as well, to not give stairs a second thought.

WastedThermos 01-03-2007 02:54 PM

Uuuguh!! Me too! I chose to live on the third floor of our apartment complex. Out of my roommates I'm the only one who is not normally out of breath from walkin up the stairs. (They are skinnier, but they smoke and never work out.)
But.. I still hate it!
And at the gym there are three floors and the cardio deck is the top. I swear sometimes I feel tired just after making it all the way up there. I`m trying to make myself take the stairs more often because sometimes its those little things that make a difference.

lovethatsara 01-03-2007 03:49 PM

I live on the 3rd floor on my apartment complex, its not too bad until I have to keep bringing things up and down those three flights of stairs then I get a little tired, whats bad is groceries time. its the worst.

drake3272004 01-07-2007 11:14 PM

OH MY! I just helped my friend move this weekend.............she lived on the third floor of her old building and moved to the next building over because a three bedroom finally opened up. Of course it ended up also being on the third floor!!!! Plus we had freezing rain on top of snow this past week, man am I SORE today:p

AquaWarlock 01-08-2007 01:21 AM

Wow, I love stairs and almost always 2-step them going up (essentially a series of mini-lunges) ~ oddly enough, I don't do so well with a continuous jog.

Just think of it as an opportunity for getting gorgeous/sexy legs (which is NOT a problem area for me right now ;)) the next time you encounter a flight.

Aquanetrocker 01-08-2007 09:37 PM

stairs? yuck!
One time at the gym I tried the stair machine ( the one that moves on it's own even after your little feet have stopped moving). I can't tell you exactly what happened, all I know is that by the time I was finished I had drooled onto the machine, yes, drooled.
Needless to say, I don't try the stair machines anymore. :)

littlepoet12281 01-11-2007 04:31 PM

LOL the only reason why i hate stairs is because this time last year I didn't have a butt. It was nice and flat and when I started working at JC Penney's last April, I climbed two flights of steps not to mention before we opened we had to climb the escalators...

So now my delima is how do you get over the fact taht you have a bottom that is nice and round? I'm so self consiouce of myself.

WastedThermos 01-11-2007 06:09 PM

:lol: @ Jen drooling on the machine

Yes, the stair step is a killer. Strangely enough it works me in a different killer way than regular stairs.

newarmywife 01-11-2007 06:18 PM

I have stairs in my townhouse I go up and down like a hundred times a day (or at least it feels like that) - so I'm with you all on this goal.

*Not to give stairs a second thought in 2007!*

muzikjunky 01-11-2007 08:23 PM

Same here. Steps at work, and steps at my townhouse. I don't really mind them all that much unless I am tired. lol.