Old 01-01-2007, 12:33 PM   #1  
ljd

S/C/G: 172/141.5/120

Height: 5'3"

Default NSV clothing

I wanted to put this here because I feel as though 20-somethings will get how great this was for me.

For years and years, probably since freshman year of high school (so 10 years ago), I couldn't go into the cheap boutiques and get cute trendy/going out clothes because the L or XL tops were just too small. I do carry a lot of weight in my upper body, but still.

So, yesterday I was running around trying to find a NYE shirt, and finally I decided to suck it up and go to the boutiques in my neighborhood. And every place I went to, I could fit into the L shirts! I didn't have to dig through piles hoping at least one shirt came in an XL and having that still be too tight.

I know it seems so frivolous, but I really almost started to cry when I was able to take a huge pile of clothing with me into the fitting rooms. I have literally spent years wishing I could wear these clothes, and now that I finally can, I almost don't know what to do.

Anyway, none of my size 2/4/6 friends would understand how I feel about this, so I wanted to share with you all.

Thanks!
ljd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:37 PM   #2  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Aren't those the BEST nsv's? Congrats and I totally understand!

I have always wanted to buy Old Navy clothes in the sizes that are truly my own size..not sizes bigger or never even buying anything in there because they didn't fit right. I am now able to buy Old Navy clothes and in a size smaller than I've never been able to wear since high school.. We must be about the same age LJT. Congrats on your nsv and many more to come!
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 227/219.5/150

Height: 5'5

I definitly know the feeling...My friends are always shocked by how much I spend on clothes (I dont have a very large Wardrobe) cause they can shop sales and H&M ( even the Jewelry is too small at H&M) and Old Navy and therefore have alot more variety.

Im SO pleased for you!!! You must be thrilled! Congrats!
House_of_Mirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/216/110

Height: 5'1"

It's hardly frivolous

That, there, I feel is one of the best feelings. I don't care what the scale says because being able to fit into something says it all.

Congrats
spunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/166/135

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations!
LittleElectron is offline   Reply With Quote