Old 12-30-2006, 09:14 PM   #1  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

S/C/G: 262/198/160

Height: 5'7"

Question Need some ideas for good snacks for nighttime.

I have heard you really aren't suppose to eat at this time, but what is something healthy that I can snack on? or should I? I dunno. Anyway. Comments are very much appreciated.
muzikjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 09:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I eat a package of (the weight control) oatmeal if I get hungry at night. It works pretty good for me. And the weight control kind has more fiber so it's pretty filling. I also eat oranges and apples too at night. I usually eat at nighttime if I need to -- I've never noticed a difference -- especially if it's a small snack -- and even if I go over a couple hundred calories (but I don't do it every night).
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 09:30 PM   #3  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

I don't have any of that. =/

I have some nuts, banana's, regular oatmeal...100 calorie packs...but since I started reading the Dr. Oz book..I read the ingredients, and it doesn't seem very good for ya. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarpoChicoGroucho View Post
I eat a package of (the weight control) oatmeal if I get hungry at night. It works pretty good for me. And the weight control kind has more fiber so it's pretty filling. I also eat oranges and apples too at night. I usually eat at nighttime if I need to -- I've never noticed a difference -- especially if it's a small snack -- and even if I go over a couple hundred calories (but I don't do it every night).
Old 12-30-2006, 09:33 PM   #4  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

Also, looking at your SCG. That's amazing!!!! How'd you do it?!
Old 12-30-2006, 09:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 216/186/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

It's okay to eat at night. It doesn't matter what time you eat- calories are calories. But if you plan you can have a snack at night. I would keep it light though. Fruit, veggies, etc. I often have skim milk, or a piece of string cheese, or some whole natural almonds. Something with protein that will be filling.
thintowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 09:35 PM   #6  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

What about a small amount of kashi cereal with a some soy milk? I could eat a banana, but I really don't like them all that much & I kind of force myself to eat them. lol.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:41 PM   #7  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

I just thought about this. You say that it's ok to eat at night, but I have read and been told that you shouldn't eat three hours before bedtime. So, that's not true?
Old 12-30-2006, 10:00 PM   #8  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

A lot of people say you shouldn't eat at night, but if you get so hungry that you wake up and binge on food it is better to eat a healthy snack rather then do that. Keep it simple or light such as veggies or almonds/nuts.

Do what works best for you.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 10:03 PM   #9  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

I ate a small bowl of kashi go lean crunch with some soy milk. satisfied me. Thanks ya'll.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 217/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

So heres my take on the whole eating at night thing. I've read in one of my brother's mens health magazine that it is good for MEN to eat at night because it keeps their metabolism revved throughout the night. So I figure why can't this be true for women. I usually eat a bag of 100 calorie popcorn at night as a snack, but tonight I'm opting for some grapes. I don't know about anyone else, but I usually wake up 3 hours or so after I go to bed and I'm famished, so I have some pretzels or some fruit when I wake up, then I go back to bed. I'm sure this isn't the BEST thing for me to do, but I figure that I'm used to eating every 3-4 hours or so during the day, so my body thinks it needs that 'energy' during the night as well. Any thoughts on that?
KCWMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:00 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 216/186/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I truly think it's fine to eat anytime. Now to eat a big cheeseburger and fries before bedtime- not a good idea. But eating healthy items is fine.

I think that the whole idea about not eating after 7pm or whatever is this: A lot of people eat more at night, and tend to pig out just a bit. By cutting off a time when you eat if you normally eat a lot at night, you are eating fewer calories. Therefore you lose weight.

But if you plan these late snacks into your daily intake, it does not matter. Eating every 3-4 hours is a smart idea. I don't ever eat when I wake up in the middle of the night, but I don't think it will hurt you if you do wake up starving and have ahealthy snack.

And finally, here is something I once heard:
Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper. The whole idea behind that is to have breakfast be your biggest meals and eat a bit lighter at night. But I eat 6 equal smaller meals, so I don't realy go by that.
thintowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:04 PM   #12  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Quote:
Originally Posted by thintowin View Post
And finally, here is something I once heard:
Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper. The whole idea behind that is to have breakfast be your biggest meals and eat a bit lighter at night. But I eat 6 equal smaller meals, so I don't realy go by that.
Yea i tend to eat the most at breakfast... a lot but healthy, it keeps me energized throughout the day.

I eat small meals the rest of the day.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 11:56 AM   #13  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

I eat small meals a day, and I 'sort' of count my calories. I need to start doing it more though.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:00 AM   #14  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarpoChicoGroucho View Post
Oooh I've been loving these Weight Control oatmeals too (though I usually eat them @ breakfast) ~ they don't taste bad @ all for instant and the fiber really helps keep you full.

And I agree fresh fruit is good too, and if I really get the snack cravings, unsalted corn chips + salsa is a comparatively low calorie option.

Finally, canned soup (though they ARE high in sodium) -- the brothier varieties are about 200 calories a can, and the hotness of the soup will keep you from mindless chugging, giving you a better idea of gauging how full you are.
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote