20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 09:59 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

Every week when I go to zumba some of the girls always stay after for a 15 minutes abs class and I always think "No way, not me"
Well I got talked into it tonight after class.
It was AWESOME! I didn't keep up quite as well because I was new but It was super fun and easy... I am FEELING it though! lol

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Update on my job: I had my 2nd interview yesterday... still feeling like I may not get it, but I'm holding onto my hope!
Old 08-16-2011, 10:54 PM   #17  
Making myself fat-free.

S/C/G: 260/214.8/120

Height: 5'1"

Sibi, I usuallly post my weight Saturday, too. I find it easier than forgetting to do it on Sunday. Plus, I usually go out to eat on Saturday nights with my husband, so like to weigh in officially Saturday morning, lol

Mhill, that's awesome! Good job! Good luck with your job, I'm sure you nailed it.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:27 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 278.8/ticker/165

pacsunmama - What a cutie pie!

mhill - It's great to hear about your job interview progress. I really hope you get it!

Yesterday I did end up doing some Kundalini yoga. It helped tremendously with my heart palpitations. I get them when I stay up way past the yawning stage or don't get enough sleep. If I mind them too much they can cause a panic attack, which is not fun at all. The breathing helped calm me down and I just felt so wonderful after the workout. It was amazing.

Today I did 4 miles with WATP. Every time I think it's getting easier, I try a little harder and it kicks my butt. I'm going to continue walking with Leslie until I meet my 180 mile goal, then I'll cut back a bit and maybe start the 30 Day Shred.

Lastly, my scale died on Monday. I've ordered replacement batteries, but if it turns out that it's actually dead (barely a month old), I may have to use a freebie for this week's weigh-in while I get a new scale.

I hope everyone is doing well!
Old 08-17-2011, 03:36 AM   #19  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

sibi- I LOVE real sushi, but I always get tempted (and stuffed to the brim) with the different rolls! Enjoy it!

Mhill- GREAT job on the abs class, way to push yourself and succeed! Good luck on getting the job! I hope you do!

Meg- awesome job for you too! Great job on the WATP program and also the yoga

Things are resuming normalcy and I'm so very glad to be home. I went a little over cals today since hubby sprung a fancy last-minute dinner on me! I thought I was being safe by ordering a grilled entree with veggies, but everything was SWIMMING in butter! It took so dang long to get our food that I just ate it (and it was okay... for the cals and the price really not worth it, but it was fine) Otherwise the day went great. I'm so happy to be home and so are the boys. The baby was just so incredibly happy today, his little world is back in balance now, and L was excited to play in his own room again. Poor guy had been away for 10 days!
Old 08-17-2011, 12:38 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Just stopping by really quick to say hey to all my Beauties. I hope you're all having a wonderful hump day!
Old 08-17-2011, 12:42 PM   #21  
Future Fitness Model

S/C/G: 196.5/184.4/140

Height: 5'3

Hey ladies. I purchased Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred & Ripped In 30 yesterday.. I've heard so many good things about these DVDs so I'm going to give them a try.. I will incorporate this into my original workout calendar.

Have any of you ladies tried this? Any warnings before I get started lol

Last edited by KamsMoMa; 08-17-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:39 PM   #22  
Future Fitness Model

Check in- Just finished 30 Day Shred D1L1 ..... Very nice workout... I plan on walking 15mins on the treadmill before dinner..
Old 08-17-2011, 08:59 PM   #23  
Making myself fat-free.

Meg – Yaye for the workouts! Thanks for letting us know about your scale. Hope it starts working. If it’s only a month old, do you have some kind of warranty for it? Because that’s crap that it’s already breaking on you!

PacSunMama – My husband springs last minute dinners on me, too. I hate going into a restaurant and not having time looking up calories for everything! Good job attempting to make a good choice. Glad you’re back home and relaxing now. Your baby is adorable, btw.

Sibi – happy hump day!

KamsMoMa – I have not tried it. I’ve heard it’s brutal though, lol. Good job!

On an update about me, was sick today so left work early. Taking it easy and probably hitting the bed soon because tomorrow and Friday I have to work long hours due to the deadline and leaving early today. So, really didn't get any workouts or anything in. But I kept my calories perfect today at 1750 (exactly what my goal is right now for my weight), even though my husband was spoiling me because I was sick and offering to pick up dinner at any restaurant I want. I decided against it and just asked him to make me a home made grilled chicken sandwich and munched on some lite ranch and raw veggies. It was nice not having to cook anyway - and I figured we eat out enough of the weekends, I didn't want to add another day. So glad there's only a few more days until the weekend, and the extra vitamin C seems to be warding off the cold slightly.

Already planned all my meals/snacks for tomorrow, so I know tomorrow will be another on plan day.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:48 PM   #24  
Future Fitness Model

Hi my girls ..Checking in- I did TF HIIT 15... I'm very sore from the 30 Day Shred workout ...
How are you ladies holding up???
Old 08-18-2011, 07:44 PM   #25  

Just got done doing my 2.2 mile walk. Feeling really good this week. I'm honestly expecting a good weigh in on Saturday. Crossing fingers!

I'm sooo ready for more weight to come off my lower belly and arms. Those places seem to be taking forever to go down. I can see quite a difference in my face and upper body (minus arms) but gah, I'm ready for that lower belly fat to move on. Ah well, patience is a virtue as they say.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 08-18-2011, 11:33 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 278.8/ticker/165

Hello Beauties! I hope everyone is doing well!

My scale is not dead. Yay! I'm not sure what happened to it but it's doing fine now.

Yesterday I walked 5 miles with Leslie and today I did 3 miles. I also finished for the first time ever 'Exhale: Core Fusion Body Sculpt'. The first time I tried it I had absolutely no conditioning and gave up after the first two segments. It was too much. Today I managed to get through it. Sure, I took breaks, but for the most part I kept up and didn't give up. I can't believe how much stronger I've become, but I sill have a ways to go. My legs feel like jelly and so do my arms. I think I'll do it once a week and then move up to twice a week.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:49 AM   #27  
Making myself fat-free.

Man, you all are making me feel like I should up my workouts, haha. Great job all of you!

I have an early meeting this morning, so am trying to wake up and get going. Took my shower, but had to sit down for a minute to readjust my eyes, haha. Thought I'd check in and say hi! We're having a food thing at work today with a big meeting, and everyone actually in the office (a lot of people work from home), so there's going to be a lot of cookies, chips, sweets, etc. I plan on having a taste of a few things, but also packed plenty of raw veggies, my regular yogurt granola and banana breakfast, and figured I'd have a salad for lunch. My main plan - don't go overboard!

Super glad that the weekend starts soon!
Old 08-19-2011, 05:31 PM   #28  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

Meli, I've taken the week off my usual C25K program and I'm actually losing weight again... I don't get it at all! But anyway, things are going well here. The countdown is on to move to Texas, just 27 days left and then we head out. I'm really excited, although maybe a little nervous too!
Old 08-20-2011, 06:02 AM   #29  

Sorry for no check in yesterday. Was hanging with a friend most of the evening.

So I'm proud to say that this week went awsome for me. Down to 206.8 for a 3.4 lb loss for the week. Ever better than I was expecting.

Good luck to the rest of you ladies!

Last edited by Sibi; 08-20-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:26 PM   #30  
Future Fitness Model

Quick check-in... Friday I completed D2L1 of 30 Day Shred. Today I walked 20 mins on treadmill @ 3.0 & 3.5 mph..
Closed Thread