20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 08:55 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 275/249/170

Height: 5'7

@Toasted: I am glad your cold it better but cod liver oil? Yuck! I also love the mantra(s) you posted. They are perfect and I am going to try and incorporate them into my eating patterns! Good job on pushing through your workout but if you are that shaky, maybe do some lower energy activities? You don't want to burn yourself down before you are completely better!

@Kuru: Congrats on 8 weeks binge free! And you are completely right about the emotional
Quote:
I would tell myself that my stress/sadness/hate would only backfire on my if I drowned it out on food now. I knew I'd be disappointed in myself.
. I know that I struggle with the emotional aspects of eating and I am ALWAYS disappointed after. Keep going on the Sarge's! You can do it

@Kitty: YOU GO GIRL! I know how tempting those stupid rolls are when they are all warm and staring you in the face. And you passed up garlic mashed potatoes?! I bow before your amazing willpower. Hopefully some of that will rub off on me. (Also, I am hungry this morning so reading your post is making me go...hmm...ribs, rolls, potatoes...chicken...BROCCOLI!)

@Divine: Yay for water weight (one of the only times you will hear that I am sure)! Have fun with your sister

Thanks for the dropping information. I don't expect it to stay this drastic at all. I would not like that at all because I am kinda counting on slow and steady to give my skin some time to adjust.

So I hit the gym for some cardio and yoga last night and I must admit...the yoga kicked my butt. Holding the positions as well as concentrating on breathing...I worked up a good sweat. But it was a major NSV for me that I went, participated in public but I will defiantly go again. I have actually added a general goal to my life: I want to be able to do "Triangle" pose someday. You all know the one where people are on their hear with their feet in the air...yea. I watched a few people manage it last night and was so impressed I really want to do that someday.

I am just wondering what people constitute as a "binge". I am not sure if I binge more or less than I think I do compared to the conventional wisdom of the group.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:52 PM   #77  
The Awesomeness!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/130

Height: 5'0

Anyone think sushi is ok to eat?
Old 08-06-2011, 12:39 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 235/signature/165

Height: 6'2"

Well, my first week doesn't really count because I literally just got back from two weeks in Hawaii. I'm actually pleasantly surprised I was able to maintain my weight from before the trip, and hopefully starting tomorrow I will get back into the full swing of dieting and exercise!
Old 08-06-2011, 04:39 AM   #79  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Sushi is probably one of the healthiest things to eat.
I'm so not kidding. Nori (the sea weed) is great for your health, fish is FISH need I say more? So many natural oils and proteins, and rice is good (not too much) carbs, avacado, eel, cucumber, fish eggs, ... OH MY!
If I ever need to order food down town, I get cheap sushi from a restaurant near here, they always have a happy hour going on and get most their profit from their saki and wine so the sushi is cheap! (More of a club environment)

Fish is great for you, yep yep.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:37 AM   #80  
The Awesomeness!

Good!!!!! I went out for sushi last night and I kinda felt like I was eating something I shouldn't cause it was so yummy. I had Ika salad, TNT roll, and edamame.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:54 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 275/249/170

Height: 5'7

*sigh* I am back up to 255. What the heck is going on with my weight!
Old 08-06-2011, 08:13 PM   #82  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Okay....I think I have a real wake up call now. I went to College Station for my sister's birthday. It was fun and we had a good time...but my GOD I look absolutely huge in all of the pictures. I don't FEEL that big, and I don't think that I REALIZE I'm that big....but I need to admit to myself that I am, and I need to fix it. Here, take a look...

Sorry if it's big, but I don't know how to make it smaller. I want to cry when I look at this picture. My sister looks great and I look like a fat cow. I didn't think it was this bad. My FACE looks like it's as round as it's bowling ball....if anything is going to motivate me to kick it into gear, it's that picture...because somewhere deep inside that ugly unhappy fat girl is a skinny girl WAITING to break free. =/
Old 08-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #83  
The Awesomeness!

Can someone please give me the code for the signature? I didn't get it in the beginning and now I can't find it
Old 08-06-2011, 09:49 PM   #84  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Kitty, to get the code go to the rules thread where teams were announced and click the link...then copy the code.

Sorry I have been MIA all..Life got SUPER busy. Weigh in is tomorrow!!!! Lets see how everyone does. I am excited!!! Remember weigh-ins are due by 11:59 tomorrow night.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:17 PM   #85  
The Awesomeness!

SMS - Thanks! Glad you're ok. I was worried about you Thought you might be trying to catch me in the First to 15 challenge
Old 08-06-2011, 11:06 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Divine - I am all for using pics of myself for motivation. Just keep in mind that the pic could have been a really bad angle and therefore is unflattering. Don't lose sight of the good things about your appearence (your skin is gorgeous I am jelous!)

I had a better day today. I am back on track for calories. I know I am going to have a bad weigh in tomorrow since I went to my families cabin, had a binge and went out for dinner so my weight has gone up. I would love to be in the 150's by Aug 14 though which is my new short term goal.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:31 PM   #87  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Kitty- HAHA I would be except the scale hasn't moved ONCE why? Because for the second month in a row( something that has NEVER happened to me before) I have TOM It's a good thing I'm glad its leveling out butt.....Couldn't it have waited till oh...monday to make me retain water? LOLOL
Old 08-07-2011, 12:25 AM   #88  
The Awesomeness!

Dreamer - OMG I know what you're talking about! I haven't seen TOM regularly in a LONNNNNG time because of the PCOS. After I dropped 25lbs I started to see him on a regular basis. It is kinda bittersweet.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:53 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 380/see ticker/194

Height: 6'2"

Hi Ladies! I am so bummed I missed my chance to be in this BL challenge!! I would love it if y'all wouldn't mind me just chiming in on this thread every so often for support. I am finally in the home stretch with my weight loss. I started my journey a year ago (July 2010). I actually started with a BL challenge and the challenges I did were very helpful in keeping me motivated. I have lost 167 lbs so far and have about 10- 20 more to go. I am working with a dietitian now to set a final goal so it is still flexible. I am so ready to be at my goal Hope you are all having a great week!!
Old 08-07-2011, 02:16 AM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarRomeoTango4852 View Post
I have a question: Does anyone drop weight really fast? I have gone from 258.9 on Monday to 254.4 today. I can't really be losing water weight because I have drink a lot of water and tea everyday (at least 100 oz, maybe more). I know it's possible to too weight fast but a pound a day?
Retaining water has very little to do with the water you're drinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarRomeoTango4852 View Post
@Toasted: I am glad your cold it better but cod liver oil? Yuck! [snip]
I am just wondering what people constitute as a "binge". I am not sure if I binge more or less than I think I do compared to the conventional wisdom of the group.
I take cod liver oil. It's supposed to be better than regular fish oil, and gets you vitamin D.

I consider it a binge when I'm going to 2-3 fast food places to get everything I want. Or when I'm eating chips because they sound good. Which makes me want cupcakes because I need something sweet. Then I want pizza because I need savory. Then, I think "Ooh, I should get chinese because i'm going to get back on plan tomorrow.."... and so on. :-/

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat1465 View Post
Anyone think sushi is ok to eat?
That would depend on your diet, and the sushi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle102 View Post
Hi Ladies! I am so bummed I missed my chance to be in this BL challenge!! I would love it if y'all wouldn't mind me just chiming in on this thread every so often for support. I am finally in the home stretch with my weight loss. I started my journey a year ago (July 2010). I actually started with a BL challenge and the challenges I did were very helpful in keeping me motivated. I have lost 167 lbs so far and have about 10- 20 more to go. I am working with a dietitian now to set a final goal so it is still flexible. I am so ready to be at my goal Hope you are all having a great week!!
Hi & welcome!

Last edited by Brown; 08-07-2011 at 02:17 AM.
Closed Thread