20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 10:42 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 278.8/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Since we are introducing ourselves and our motivations, I might as well share mine. I'm 27 years old and I recently started this journey to a better life. I've been obese since high school and I've had social anxiety all of my life. I never did anything to change any of that. I was too afraid of change. It wasn't until a recent episode of extreme self-loathing that I decided that enough was enough and that it was time to change. I picked up a workbook to help me with my anxiety and the first two things it recommends are exercise and better nutrition. So I thought, might as well add in the weight loss component to this, but not have it be the driving force.

After my first workout I felt better. After a week of exercising my mood was stable and I had a lot of energy. My goal is to do cardio every day for at least 15 minutes. I'm so glad that I found Leslie Sansone's DVDs. They're easy to do, they make me sweat and I'm not too tired the next day to use as an excuse against working out. I have other workout DVDs that I'll do every once in a while to break the routine.

I've also started to make better eating choices, mostly due to eliminating things that weren't good for me (cookies...) and including things that are (fruits and vegetables). I'm keeping track of what I eat on Fitday along with other things to make sure I don't eat too much or too little. So, I'm going on this journey to find a better me.

I was really glad to find this challenge because it is a way to keep me accountable. I've also signed up for the 90 Day Exercise challenge which goes parallel to this one as they both serve my needs.

Good luck everyone! Let's do our best!
Old 08-01-2011, 12:18 PM   #17  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Great info ya'll! So glad you all are here! I've kinda become TBL organizer for the 20-somethings. I have pcos and for the first time in my life am the lowest I have ever seen on the scale since I was 9 years old. Gla to hear we have people who are better now than before and making active changes to make themselves better! I see this team going far!
Old 08-01-2011, 12:51 PM   #18  
Keep on going!

S/C/G: 278.3/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Might as well share mine too

I'm 26, married and with a 4 year old son .. I was average growing up, my eating habits weren't greatest .. with my mother and grandmother one portion was always too little etc & I had bad anxiety and suffered bad migraines.. had a lot of negative things happen that I didn't know how to control at the time.. .. at 18 i started packing the pounds slowly & 19 had my gallbladder removed and diagnosed with pcos .. my husband is the type that is thin and eats whatever so naturally i did also with the bad eating habits ... had a lot of stress with my marriage and became agoraphobic, so that meant little movement and a lot of emotional eating/binging which I still struggle with now but am more determined now than ever to stay healthy.. and I'm tired of always being stuck inside.. Ive lost weight twice in big amounts, so I know its in me to do it

last two days hasn't been so good to be honest, Ill be taking my son to school september and ive been stressing about it and having to go out to stores to buy things for him etc its so overwhelming, but today thankfully im back on track and its a new month and new team.. so im confidant I can have the support here I dont get otherwise to keep going
Old 08-01-2011, 01:10 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 305/288.5/150

Height: 5'10.5

Hey! Looking forward to this and getting to know everyone. I've mostly been a lurker up till now.

A little about me: I'm 26 and I work at a clothing store part time and I'm a business/economics student. Last year I got sick and had to have my gall bladder removed and as a result I had a hard time eating junk food and lost about 25 pounds. Then Thanksgiving hit and I stopped losing. I'm a sucker for sweets/baked goods and my family has plenty of those around the holidays.

I've become motivated again recently and had a pretty good week. I got a good deal on a gym membership at a gym that opens in my neighbourhood next week so I'm looking forward to that.

I haven't really set a weight loss goal for this challenge but I want to be a size 14 (I work at a plus size clothing store and it's the smallest size we sell) by the end. I'm currently a 16 on top and an 18 on the bottom, so I think it's doable.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:24 PM   #20  
PinkSnowDays

S/C/G: 260/250/150

Hi all! Today I'm celebrating one week since I decided it was time for a change. After only one week I already am feeling healthier, less stressed and less tired... but this only the beginning. I also put away my scale I don't want it to dictate my daily life and seeing it sitting out was too tempting everyday to get validation. I was going to weigh in Monday mornings but with this challenge I'll start doing it Sunday mornings instead, looking forward to a big number this week .

Sibi I'll have to check that out. In the past I've used fitday ALOT and have recently been using a combination of Calorie Counter and CardioTrainer on my phone to track calories and exercise.

PacSunMama how is C25K going? I'm hoping to get back into it this fall once I get some weight off and need a change up in my gym routine. I've done the first 1 or 2 about 4 different times already... haven't made it past the second week though. I've had a lot of friends go through all the weeks and really enjoy it. Best of luck!
Old 08-01-2011, 02:30 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Woo! Autumn Beauties! Seriously pumped about this and I can tell those that posted so far as well.

Some tips for my ladies:

Strawberries are an awsome snack food. Weighing in at a mere 50 calories per CUP, they can also help you lose weight and control your appetite. I would post a link for more info but I'm not allowed to since I'm not at 25 post yet so just google strawberries weight loss.

My Aunt told me that lemon juice can help keep off the water weight. Now I can't say this is 100% true but I'm sure some of you have heard of the lemon juice diet. While I'm not doing the lemon juice diet I do like to squeeze a lemon slice in my water and have noticed better consistency in my water weight. So give it a try!

Last edited by Sibi; 08-01-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:25 PM   #22  
Taste the rainbow

S/C/G: 299/241/175

Height: 5'9

Hey all! So excited to get this going, and I love the color orange :-P I'm 26 years old, marrried, and have been trying to be more healthy seriously for a few years now. I saw that scale at 299 and it scared me into doing something! One of my biggest goals for getting healthy is I want to have a child or two in a few years and I don't want to pass my bad habits to them. Looking forward to getting to know all of you!
Old 08-01-2011, 05:19 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Hello lovely ladies- I was out of town this weekend- so I'll be checking in on you tonight hope you're all having good starts!!!
Old 08-01-2011, 05:33 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 181/174/155

Height: 5'6

Hello everyone! It's so great to hear everyone's stories, I'm excited to do this challenge with all of you!

A bit about me. I'm 22 years old and I just graduated from university. On September 26 I am moving to the UK to start grad school there, and I really want to be more fit/healthier by the time I get there.

My starting weight for the challenge was 174, but since then I have consistantly been seeing much higher numbers... I am leaving for my friends cottage on Thursday so I will post my weight then and I am pretty sure it will be a gain from my starting weight Oh well, that is only one week!

I'm off for a run now. You lovely ladies have motivated me to get some exercise
Old 08-01-2011, 06:04 PM   #25  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

Oy vey, today is going so slowly. I have a million things to do but all the calls I'm supposed to return, nobody is answering. My baby has his first cold and so he was up all night frustrated because he couldn't eat/suck on his binky and breathe at the same time. Now my older son won't nap which I really need to sleep with these guys today! I think I might repeat a week 3 of C25K if I can't get a nap in, I'm totally beat.

Looking forward to getting under the 200's though. I was 203.8 this morning (and start weight for me for this challenge was 208 so I'm happy to be making progress!)
Old 08-01-2011, 07:30 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Bit about me! My name is Mary, I'm 22(almost 23, I'm a bank teller and a college student! I have been obese for Years and I just woke up one day Tired of it! My father passed away of a heart attack and my mom has heart problems, I decided to make them both proud and do this for my health! I've grown to love my life in this active, healthy way! I'm the smallest I've been since I can remember, I'm not sure my weights when I was younger, I used to avoid the scale but I know my junior/senior year of high school Iw as 275. So I've made tremedous progress!
I'm so happy to have found this site around the beginning of my journey, it has helped me SOOOO Much!
I can't wait to get to know you ladies more as we take on this challenge, and many more!!!
Happy losing!
Old 08-02-2011, 12:33 AM   #27  

Hola again ladies- I figured I would do my about me now

I am married and we are trying to get pregnant. I really want to lose the extra weight so that I'll have a much easier time getting, staying and enjoying pregnancy. We've been married for a little more than three years and it's time darnit!

I look forward to lots of losses for us all for all our special reasons!!!
Old 08-02-2011, 12:34 AM   #28  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Welcome back angeline! Hope you had a fun weekend! *hands you your captains hat* Ya got an AWESOME team here!! (Doesn't mean we lovely leaves won't beat ya'll at this weeks weigh in though)
Old 08-02-2011, 12:01 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 278.8/ticker/165

How's everyone doing? I may have overdone the exercise yesterday. I had walked 5 miles with WATP on Sunday and then walked 3 miles yesterday. By the time I was done I was fatigued. I hadn't felt that way in such a long time. Lesson learned: go easy the day after some strenuous exercise.

A general tip: Remember to breathe! Every time you feel stress, anxiety, or catch yourself breathing shallowly, take a few deep breaths. They help calm you down and hopefully reduce the stress and anxiety. Reducing these two things help with weight loss as well. I like to do alternate nostril breathing a few times a day. It looks silly, but it really helps calm me down. I would post a link, but my post count is still low.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:37 PM   #30  

I totally do that megmix- I know it probably looks really silly so I try not to do it in front of people, but when I get super stressed at work I do chair yoga and focus on deep breathing. It helps me realize everything will be a-ok. Plus it's almost like a mini-workout

Droped one lb since weigh in on Friday and I'm hoping it sticks!!!

How is everyone today?
Closed Thread