3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings BL Corner (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-bl-corner-231/)
-   -   Team Daisy Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-bl-corner/226678-team-daisy-chat.html)

armywife88 02-27-2011 03:28 AM

Most Recent NSV: fitting into pants I wore my senior year of HS
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 10 lbs
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: track my points better and stay on plan!
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Hubby leaving for the field. Stress of an upcoming deployment

southernbelle102 02-27-2011 06:35 AM

praying for a whoosh.:) I haven't lost anything this week... its only my second week in this weight loss journey not to see a loss. A whoosh is bound to be around the corner :D

summershine 02-27-2011 07:37 AM

*chants*

Whoosh Whoosh Whoosh Whoosh Whoosh! :D

edits: and since tulip have already go their sig on..

http://i54.tinypic.com/2s7dx5v.jpg

[IMG] http://i54.tinypic.com/2s7dx5v.jpg [/IMG]

(take out the spaces)

takingcontrol 02-27-2011 08:52 AM

Hi all, this is my first challenge and I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and having a challenge to push me to keep on going!

Most Recent NSV: Non of my workpants fit anymore, and getting into a pair of shorts I've been hiding in my cupboard for two years :)

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: I'm not too sure, as much as I can, hopefully over 10lb

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: No snacking Mon-Fri and being sesible at the weekends. Eating a cereal/yogurt/fruit brekkie everyday and then a balanced lunch and dinner. Exercising at least 5 times a week, doing workout DVDs, C25K (start week three tomorrow) and resistance training.

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Just being in Thailand is a huge challenge, the heat and humidity, the food culture and lack of healthy options. 14th March is my birthday, and now I'll be back home for the final week of the challenge, which will be super tough not to go crazy eating everything I've missed so much!

takingcontrol 02-27-2011 08:54 AM

Think I'm approaching my 20 days here, looking forward to getting the sig all set up before next weeks start day weigh in.

A couple of questions what does NSV stand for? I got the gist but cna't work out the acronym.

Also, for those of you that have a usual weigh in on a different day, do you take your weight from that day each week and update early, or do you do another weigh in on Sunday for the challenge?

toastedsmoke 02-27-2011 09:57 AM

takingcontrol: NSV means Non-Scale Victory. So like most recent non-scale-related achievement in your journey. This is my 3rd BL challenge and these challenges have kind of made me switch my weigh-in days to Sundays but I guess you could update early if you truly don't want to do a Sunday weigh-in.

Southernbelle: I too am praying for a whoosh. I have been praying for one for a bit now. I don't know what's up with this pause. I'm not cheating, I'm 100% on plan, I even measure black pepper out now at dinner and calorie count that too. Anyway, here's to whooshes for Team Daisy.

Hello team! I can't wait to get to know you guys and rock this challenge together! Here's my intro:

Most Recent NSV: Being able to button a pair of size 10 pants I've had since I was 12 but have never ever been able to wear because they were too small even then. Obviously they give wayyy too much muffin top to wear in public but the point is that they buttoned up!!! They've never done that before.

Weighloss goal for the challenge: I'd want to be in the 180s so I'll say 10lbs because the way things have been going THAT is ambitious!

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Weightloss Goal: Drastically reduce carb intake from non-vegetable sources. So for the duration of the challenge no bread allowed at all, rice or pasta allowed only at two meals a week. (Is this sustainable? NO! But I can do it for the challenge duration...sighs) 2 long runs a week + workout 6 days a week.

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations: The main challenge for me is from myself. I've been struggling with keeping a positive attitude without positive reinforcement from the scale. It gets really discouraging especially when you see other people with similar stats just sailing through the pounds and you know you're honestly putting in the work and effort. In fact the only reason I haven't given up is because after all this effort so far, it would be such a waste, otherwise emotionally, I'm pretty much over this journey. So my two major challenges would be to keep on keeping on and to stop comparing my journey to other people's journeys and just keep trying. I'm hoping this challenge will keep me accountable, motivated, supported and on track to continue in this journey.

kariatari 02-27-2011 10:03 AM

Most Recent NSV: Before Thanksgiving, I was able to fit into jeans that I haven't been able to wear in years. Like I said though, that was before the holidays, when I totally let myself go. But at least I didn't let myself go back to where I was when I could barely squeeze into ANY of my pants!
Weight Loss Goal: 12 pounds
Battle Plan: South Beach Diet and working out 5 days/wk. Couch-2-5k, walks, bike rides (once it gets warmer!) and strength training/toning on my own at home.
Challenges: Any time I go out with friends and coworkers. Ugh. Hard to stay away from the bar food. Also, my fiance must be allergic to chlorophyll since he'll eat nothing but meat, potatoes, and pasta, which is definitely not SBD friendly. It's hard to plan two meals a night.

Other stuff - I'm getting married in September 2012, so I want to rock that white dress. At this weight, even shirt shopping is high pressure for me, so I can't even imagine wedding dress shopping right now! My motivation is to get down into the mid 150's by May when I'll start dress shopping. :)

lackadaisy 02-27-2011 02:29 PM

Kariatari-- Wow, I thought I was being ambitious. Good luck working on that white dress! You can do it :)

toastedsmoke -- One NSV I'm proud of is cutting out nearly all bread, pasta, & rice. I still eat a cookie now and then (working to cut that) and definitely can't give up cereal, but the bread was definitely tough as first. But I know you can do it.

When I was weaning myself I found it was useful to put a little bit of rice or pasta on a salad -- so I could still taste it, but ate only 1/2 tsp or 1 piece of pasta with each big bite of salad. That way the 1/4 cup of cooked pasta I was having with my meal went so much farther than 1 cup usually does. I don't think I could have gone cold turkey.

SnowWolf 02-27-2011 06:17 PM

Most Recent NSV: I don't have any recent ones. :(
Weight Loss Goal: 7 pounds
Battle Plan: No piggy days. Also continue eating the way I am eating now. Walk 3 times a week while doing turbofire 6 days a week.
Challenges: I need to exercise more, focus on homework( having better time management so I can get my exercises in), and get more rest. And if I do give into to something not to get so upset and sad...like for example yesturday I reached 138, but I somehow made it into a cheat day, now I'm around 3 pounds heavier. I just have to be patient, I keep telling myself- It's ok, it will take a couple of days to get back, then you can move on.

SnowWolf 02-27-2011 06:24 PM

@summershine, nice siggy!:) GO TEAM DAISY!

CurryMama 02-27-2011 07:21 PM

Awesome sig! Adding it now.

kariatari 02-27-2011 10:48 PM

lackadaisy - I might be overextending myself with my goal a little, but I'd be happy if I even just got 10. Plus, I did SBD Phase 1 before and dropped 7 lbs in two weeks. But you just reminded me of something - I'm starting Phase 1 tomorrow, so I won't get to count the the weight I lose this week toward my weight lost in the competition. Damn! Better change the goal to 8-10 then. LoL!

takingcontrol 02-28-2011 04:43 AM

I'm hoping so hard for big numbers for the next 6 weeks, it's now or never, no excuses, pushing it to the limit time from me, please let it work!

takingcontrol 02-28-2011 04:44 AM

PS, thanks ToastedSmoke for the NSW explanation, I find those kind of victories way more exciting than numbers on scales!

I can't wait to get the siggy, think it's almost time :)

takingcontrol 02-28-2011 10:56 AM

Well, it's bedtime here in Thailand, I hope I won't miss you all everyday during the challenge!

I've had a good day, yogurt and cereal for breakfast Thai style pork and squid salad for lunch (my lunch options are seriously limited!) And then two left over meat skwers from last nights bbq for dinner. Also two small bottles of freshly squeezed orange juice and a ton of water. I managed to avoif the birthdya cake and other snacks at work todya that made me happy.

On a normal day my diet would include a lot more veg, but today the fridge was bare and I had no time to go out and get any, but that'll be resolved tomorrow.

Exercise today I did 30 mins c25k (week 3 day 1) and then some sit ups, lunges, squats and arm strength training for about 20 mins.

Tomorrow I plan on eating more veg and doing an hour workout DVD plus a little arm workout.

Have a good day all :)