3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings BL Corner (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-bl-corner-231/)
-   -   ◉◉◉Team Nike Weeks 3-6 Chat◉◉◉ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-bl-corner/212276-team-nike-weeks-3-6-chat.html)

KimL1214 09-12-2010 09:43 PM

◉◉◉Team Nike Weeks 3-6 Chat◉◉◉

I know I'm early, but if I don't post them tonight, I won't be able to until tomorrow night...

Good luck everyone!!!

Here is where you get to know your team mates! Just a reminder, chatting is not required to be part of the challenge, although it is strongly suggested!

Here is your Team:

abluvion
AlyssaMcN
brooksrm
charleston424
denice81
envelope
goingintomy30s
JenB
Jessica88
joyra
kristilinn13
love114
Matilda08
Mickeypnd
misstraveller (Team Leader)
optwoobs
Sameen
shakeurbooty
summershine
zanheltangia

Sameen 09-13-2010 05:08 AM

Hello Ladies! so i had a horrible weekend. work work and more work, and i have to be back at work again tomorrow. I went out with a couple of friends for drinks which turned into a night of drinking and dancing. i feel that the alcohol is still retaining water in my body. hehe... but i don't know why i have started binging. i used to be very good before but now if i see crisps i'll eat one, or if i see bread i'll take a bite. does this happen with you guys commonly? and if yes what may be the solution of this. my sister feels that i should take a day off and eat whatever i feel like eating so its out of my system. what do you guys think? anyways hope everyone had a good weekend!

brooksrm 09-13-2010 07:42 AM

At least for me, if I take a whole day off to eat whatever I want, it kind of sabotages me for the rest of the week. I don't feel good afterwards, and I feel like I failed myself. (But, I'm a hypocrite too. Yesterday didn't happen. Period. No gym, and ate junk food instead of meals all day. Almost a whole family size bag of chips and McDonalds nuggets and fries. I feel blah today.)

What to do instead? I don't ever deny myself what I'm craving. I allow myself to have it, but I have to know the nutritional information, because the diet plan that works for me is calorie counting. As long as I log my calories in excel at the end of the day and KNOW what I put into my body, I can say I made an informed decision and that's what I wanted. And sometimes that number when I hit "total" at the end of the day makes me say "Ok, that piece of cake wasn't really good and look what it did to my number for the day. It wasn't worth it, so I won't do it again." Or... "I liked that treat, I'll have to budget for it again in the future."

Matilda08 09-13-2010 09:18 AM

Hello team!!!! I didnt have the best weekend either but Im still working toward my goals. Cant give up. I took cycling class over the weekend and I am soooooo sore wow! Thats a great workout but golly I always have to push myself to take that class lol. Im hoping to have a better week.

Ladies you can pick up the pieces and keep moving. Im cheering you both on!!!

Mickeypnd 09-13-2010 10:50 AM

Good morning ladies! Ive kinda been mia the last week or so, but Im back now, and even though last week was stressful and horrible for my diet, Im back and stronger then ever. yay me!

Sameen I think this happens to all of us, and from the sounds of it, eating a bite here and there really isn't going to kill you diet for the day or week. I think having a few bites here and there is loads better then having a binge day.

brooksrm :hug: <--- hugs for you feeling blah.

Matilda I've always wanted to try that, but im too afraid I'll start it and then pass out in the middle of the class. lol.

I think we've all had out struggles the passed week, but at least we're all still in it!! :carrot:

zanheltangia 09-13-2010 11:01 AM

Grats on the cycling class, Matilda!

Sameen, I think you might be emotionally eating, what do you think? Your new job sounds stressful, it might be a part of the extra snacking - since you said you were usually good with avoiding that. Try to force yourself to pause before you snack, and focus on your body's signals, "Am I hungry? or am I bored/stressed/etc? or both?" :hug: That's tough, but I've gotten better at it when I find myself walking past the fridge and pausing a few times to look inside (as if I didn't already know what is in there :rolleyes:).

I'd be careful about the eating "whatever I feel like", especially if you do decide to do a off-plan day. One snack or meal might not slow your losses down over a week period, but a whole day just might depending on what/how-much you had, so keep that in mind, k? :hug:

Good luck, Ladies! :dust:

Matilda08 09-13-2010 11:55 AM

ZAN- according to our weekly weigh ins youve made it to onderland!!!!!! WTG congrats thats HUGE

Jessica88 09-13-2010 12:40 PM

Hey ladies
I had a horrible eating day yesterday, all i did was snack on things like pizza and chips but today, I am going to get back on plan and do kickboxing tonight!

So this weekend I found out something really weird. One of my friends asked how much I weighed and I told her and she thought I weighed way less. I asked another friend what she thought I weighed just to see what she said and she was in the same range of guessing. I really don't understand that though because I don't feel like I look smaller I feel like I look like more than I weigh. Have any of you ever asked someone how much you look like you weigh??

Brook- What ever happened on your dates??? how were they??

Matilda08 09-13-2010 01:13 PM

Jess- that happens to me ALL the time. WHen I tell people how much I weigh they never believe me for some reason they seem to think I weigh less than 200lbs. As the saying goes we are our worst judge:) I personally wouldnt think you weighed 160 something you look way smaller!

brooksrm 09-13-2010 05:07 PM

Oh, the first date went really well. Talked and laughed for 2 hours over a really nice dinner. The second one bailed on me and I haven't heard from him but I'm ok with that cause I wasn't getting the good vibe from him after we swapped numbers. Here's hoping for a second meeting with the first guy though!

Matilda08 09-14-2010 10:27 AM

HEllo team Im hoping to have a better week. I have school work family life and everything but Im trying to stay on track and stick to my plan. Im down from yesterday at 231 so Im moving in the right direction.

How are your workout plans going?

zanheltangia 09-14-2010 11:25 AM

Thank you, Matilda! :hug:
Now if only I can manage that at an official WI, :lol:!

Keepin' busy here, tryin' to impress the boss. Dunno if it is workin', :dizzy: but at least I'm learning something new to put on my resume.

misstraveller 09-14-2010 09:15 PM

Hi ladies!

Sorry i've been MIA a bit! Working out of town in Puerto Rico just kinda gets crazy... way to go on the weigh ins this week ladies! Our team has placed high since the beginning, so keep it up this week :)

Zanheltangia - Awesome loss this week!! Good luck with the work stuff! I'm sure you'll impress the heck outta them!

brooksrm - So glad the date went well! That is awesome!! Looks like a lot of us have had those days this week with the junk.

Matilda - Go girl, that is so awesome staying on track during all that school and everything else you have going on!

Jessica - kickboxing sounds like fun!! Do you go to classes or do a video?

Micky - welcome back! I'm back too :)

Sameen - Yes, I have that happen too! For me it's during busy work weeks, like this week. I'm training for five days and it's all I can do to go by the food court and grab something before crashing on the bed.

Things are a bit crazy! I've got to stop eating CRAP. I am going to try to go by the supermarket. No, I am going by the supermarket. Tomorrow. Fried chicken tonight and pizza last night will NOT help my weigh in on Sunday. The good thing is I burn about 2800 calories on days when I teach without even exercising!! So that's a plus :)

Hope everyone's doing well and staying on plan!

zanheltangia 09-15-2010 10:12 AM

Not that "awesome", Trav, ;) I cheated and took two weeks to show that after all! :lol: But thank you! :hug:

Barely a blip on the boss' radar. Sucks when you are trying to increase a rating on a performance appraisal. :p

Jessica88 09-15-2010 08:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Matilda- Isnt it crazy?? thanks though:) :hug:

Brook- yay im glad it went well! did you guys set a date yet?

misstraveller- puerto rico? lucky! your job sounds like a lot of fun! I feel ya with eating crap its just so hard to stop after you start, at least for me, its a downward spiral.

So ladies, I went and bought an outfit today but I am still not too sure about it. I want to possibly wear it for my second or third date with this guy that I recently went out with but maybe its too much? I'm really indecisive now. I'm attaching some pictures of the front and back, tell me your honest opinions because I'm on the fence about it :dizzy: