20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 10:42 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 176/153.4/130

Height: 5'4"

Y Go'ers- Do you find that they get too crowded? The boy and I toured one here but it didn't seem too big! I went to Planet Fitness but cancelled because it was too crowded when I went.

ablu- Are you in Hampton Roads? My boy is Navy (Misstrav-Totally jealous of you living in Italy!!) He doesn't deploy because he's full time support to reservists but he's switching over to supporting Marines, but he'll still be Navy..confusing, I know

alyssa-Chem major? You're brave! Organic chem was the only college class I failed. I was a Comm major though, I only have the other side of the brain that doesn't involve science. Haha.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:46 PM   #17  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

well hello, All. my name is Lindsay. I am 22 and . . . yeah.

everyone here see,s to have really interesting life's. I on the other hand, am rather boring. Imma nerd.

this is just a quick hello, but I look forward to posting more later. and this is my first challenge, so yay!!
Old 08-27-2010, 01:03 AM   #18  
smexin' it up ♥

S/C/G: 123.4/116.4/80

Height: 180cm

hello thar! My name's Summer and I'm a foodaholi-oh wait, wrong thread :P

I'm a slacker student, semi-competent cook and procrastinator extraordinare! I read a lot, and say I write a lot but these days my 'writing' is limited to spamming various forums.

First challenge woooooooo

Last edited by summershine; 08-27-2010 at 01:05 AM. Reason: I cant spell >_>
Old 08-27-2010, 08:43 AM   #19  

Height: 5'7"

Alyssa - I will have to look, I am intrigued by kettlebells! I think I would die, but I don't mind dying once in a while

Charleston - The Y here didn't seem to crowded, it was the first time I went and I went basically in the after work time when I assume it'd be busy. There were lots of people there yes but there were 3 rooms of machines as well as rooms for classes, an open gym, and 2 pools. Also, I didn't realize you were in VAbeach! I'm in Portsmouth! Howdy neighbor!

Mickey - Yay nerddom

Summer - Good to meet you! What are you studying?

So now that I'm all pumped after going to the aquafit class last night (the first time I had been to a gym since 2006, no joke), I have to wait til Monday to go back for anything :/ Unless I want to pay $75 more than I will if I wait... but I'm all motivated NOW, I want to go NOW! hehe... Patience, I do not have it.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:51 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5

Hello everyone!!! its great to see the old faces and the new ones!!!! i hope this challenge is as good as the last one! I'm Sameen and i have just graduated with a fashion marketing degree. I have recently started teaching and also started my own event planning company. So my mornings are spent at school and then right after school i go to my other work. I have been very particular about exercising everyday but i haven't done so in a week now :S I have lost almost 80 pounds since I've started loosing weight but i guess i have another eighty to go hehe! anyways i hope everyone is well! i haven't gotten the time to read the whole thread yet, but i will soon. Anyways Happy Loosing! and GO TEAM NIKE!!!
Old 08-27-2010, 11:05 AM   #21  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Ab, I was tempted to leave reading out. Tabletop games? Oooh, do tell me more,

JenB, oldly enough, I think I'd be happy enough just to finish a book (no overpowering desire to get it published, just get one written and "finished"). The one that I am working on now is kind of Urban Fantasy.

Misstraveller, that seems to be "how it goes". I'd like to purposely "get lost" in the woods (With all the supplies and things I'll need to get Un-lost, of course), as odd as that sounds, but I figure dropping a bit more weight and upping my exercise level would make that more Fun than Trouble (I'm all for an adventure!)

You all have me wondering if there's a Y in my county.

Mickey,
Nothing boring about being a nerd, you've got a fellow nerd right here!
Old 08-27-2010, 11:13 AM   #22  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Good morning team!!! I already see a few familiar people from other threads. Id like to wish you all good luck. WE can do this I have faith in you all!!!

Im a calorie counter and I try to aim for five workouts per week for an hour each. This is my 3rd bl loser challenge and so far ive been doing pretty ok.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:22 AM   #23  
I luv my curves

I didnt really get to introduce myself either. Im Matilda from NJ I am a student and I also work for an accounting firm. My major is liberal arts as I am planning on becoming an accountant. Right now I attend a community college. Im actually 30 lol but when I joined 3fatchicks I was in my twenties and ive gotten to know so many people on the 20 something board I dont think Ill ever leave Im also a mother of two children. I love reading, we have one hamster but I want a dog lol. THis is all about fun and above all lets enjoy this challenge!!!
Old 08-27-2010, 11:27 AM   #24  
I luv my curves

Anyone know how to make a banner for our team????????
Old 08-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #25  
Warning 3FC Addict

Hey Matilda!
Old 08-27-2010, 11:50 AM   #26  
I luv my curves

I found an image but does anyone know how to put 20something bl loser challenge on the banner ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg greek god.jpg (6.6 KB, 10 views)
Old 08-27-2010, 01:34 PM   #27  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

Started off to a great morning with a low weigh-in and a run in a local park. The wildflowers here are off the hook amazing this month. It was fabulous! I’m looking forward to a productive weekend and some family time.

JenB – Thank you! She is a blast right now! She says Mama, Dada, bye, no (ahhh!), and my favorite, she purrs at cats! How long have you been running? I’m a total newb and would love to get to the 4-5 mile/run point in the next few months but don’t know if its reasonable.

Abluvion – Yay for WW! I don’t know where I’d be without it really. How much is the monthly YMCA membership? I’m thinking about it for the winter months since I KNOW I won’t want to go out in the snow and exercise.

Alyssa – What is kettlebell? I’m intrigued!

Mickeypnd – HI!!! Looking forward to getting to hear more about you! I identify as a nerd too, and proud of it!

Sameen – Wow, 80 lbs is wonderful, congratulations! My mom went to FIDM for fashion, it seems like a really fun industry! Event planning sounds great too!

Everyone else, Helloooo! I’m jazzed about this challenge and getting to know you!
Old 08-27-2010, 02:46 PM   #28  
Warning 3FC Addict

45 minutes until my weekend officially starts!
Old 08-27-2010, 08:50 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 235/172.6/145

Height: 5'6

Denice - Kettle bells are weights that have handles, you can do a google search to see what they look like. The exercises can vary a lot, depending on the instructor. The classes I go to have a mix of aerobic activity and weight training with the kettle bells. It's a really great workout for the whole body.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:59 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Hey everyone!
I am Jessica I am from Arizona and recently just graduated from ASU with my BS in Marketing. I am currently looking for a job (which isn't going too well) and hopefully will find one soon! I have been on my journey for a little over a year and for the past month I have not been on plan or exercising at all Since i moved back in with my family I have found it really hard to stay on plan and exercise so I definitely need this challenge to help me get back on track and lose the last 20 lbs! I can't wait for this challenge to start!
Closed Thread