Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 01-14-2008, 10:43 PM   #1  
bow chicka bow wow

Red face Smaller chest?

I really, desperately want a smaller chest. I know genetics is a lot of it and unfortunately for me I got screwed over and have always been busty. Even when I was particularly lean I was a 32 c and whenever I have a weight gain it's quickly reflected. These days with the extra weight packed in, well ...

So, I'm wondering if there are any specific exercises that might help me to drop inches throughout the chest? I have been making it a point to get my cardio and weight lifting in and I know as I lose weight I'll lose inches off my chest a bit too but I was hoping that with some weights added specifically for the cause I will get more out of it.

I've searched around and came up with pushups, planks, chest presses and dumbbell rows and I am wondering are there any more out there that could possibly help? I seriously hate having a large chest. I'm tired of buying heavy duty bras because I hate bouncing and I love minimising them. If I had a wand I'd just make them disappear. I hate when guys stare, I can't stand it when a shirt or a dress fits me so well everywhere else but is too tight in my chest and I hate those little ripples I get in tshirts. Argh! Is there anything else that I can be doing to help my efforts? Thanks.
tinsica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:54 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Unfortunately, You can't spot reduce.

Doing weights (and cardio) will help you lose the fat that should help you lose the chest. Your chest though just may be one of the areas where you lose fat last.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:54 AM   #3  
Working My Way Back Down

I'm afraid that while you may lose some, you'd probably need surgery to be significantly smaller. I hear your pain! All the women on both sides of my family were large breasted. I was doomed. I was a C cup in 8th grade, and never got smaller than a D no matter how skinny I am. I have permanent grooves in my shoulders. I've been lucky to avoid back problems however, and now at 63 I'll probably not ever have surgery, but I'd still like a smaller chest.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I hear ya - DDD's are a major pain in the, well, DDD's! I do know for myself although I won't reduce in size much, by building the muscle underneath them they stand up a "little" better.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:44 AM   #5  
bow chicka bow wow

Thanks for the replies! I must admit that the thought of losing some of these dd's is what is most exciting to me about my quest to get into better shape. I always feel so lopsided and top heavy.

Waterrat - my parents actually got a referral from my dr to see a plastic surgeon when I was about 18 (I'm 22 now). Everyone supported it, and they still do, buuut, I guess I was hoping for a way around being sliced into. I still don't really like the sound of it but on the other hand being smaller would be SO lovely.

However, the thought of them standing up a little bit more is a nice one! I guess I'll keep at it and see where it gets me in the end!
tinsica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

I thought I was permanently large chested too. I was a D cup at 14 (despite being skinny) and gained tons in my chest when I gained weight. When I lost all this weight, however, I lost a distressing amount of it from my chest. I'm now a 34C, which feels pretty tiny to me. I don't know why I held onto my boobs when I lost weight in the past and lost them this time, but it just goes to show that nothing is certain. Just keep on trucking with your exercise and weight loss and genetics and nature will do their thing. It's not something you can control (unless you decide to get surgery after weight loss, of course. )
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 267/260/135

Height: 5'5"

Yeah, like everyone said, unfortunately you can't just lose the boobage. Last time I lost 50 lbs and NONE of it from my chest! I was a D then and now that I gained the weight back (And then some...) I'm a DD, and praying that it at least reduces to a single D with weight loss. Argh. Sure boobs are good to have, but you can have too much of a good thing. ^_^ Some of us are just cursed. All the women in my family are at least D, regardless of weight.
amy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/198.2/150

Height: 5'5

I had a breast reduction 3 years ago. I have always had huge boobs, even at my lowest weight. They always made me feel uncomfortable, and I hated wearing those giant ugly bras with all the hooks. Today I am between a B/C cup depending on the bra. I joke around that I have the boobs of a 19 year old, because they are the only things that aren't sagging right now. Just being able to wear a bra with 2 hooks is heaven to me. My biggest regret is not having had this surgery done earlier in my life. If anyone has any questions about this surgery, please feel free to message me.
missingmyerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 174/See Ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I also had a breast reduction a few years ago. It was the BEST thing I have ever done. I would gain in the boobs first and no matter what I did I never lost there. I ended up being a 38H by the time I had enough and had surgery. I was at a C cup right after surgery, but I have gained wait since then and guess where it landed! I'm now at a D cup. I refuse to get bigger than that. I am so hoping that I will be able to lose a little bit in the chest area this time and go back to a C cup. I wish there were a magic technique and if you find it do share.
marie8674 is offline   Reply With Quote