South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-15-2008, 12:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 352/See sig/170

Height: 5'9"

Default Just got through Day One!

Yep, Day One is finally over. Actually, it wasn't as bad as I expected... which kind of leads me to think that I'm doing something wrong. Well, for breakfast I had an omelet and two strips of turkey bacon. For lunch I had a chicken breast salad and a Coke Zero, and for dinner I had a half-assed attempt at chicken parmesan sans pasta (though, it was pretty good, so I'm not complaining). My snacks basically consisted of string cheese. I actually had no idea what to drink, and I can't bring myself to drink water without flavor, so I just flavored some water with Jell-O powder. Well, I may just be rambling here, but I just was so excited about today that I just had to let SOMEONE know!
nonentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 222.8/213.8/145

Height: 5'1

I just finished my first day too! The eating wasn't bad as I'm transitioning from another similar eating plan...although I did have a MASSIVE headache all day. I'm not sure if it's from the lack of carbs or the diet lemon tea I was drinking all day that was flavored with saccorin. I know aspartame can cause headaches but saccorin I'm not sure.

Anyhow, here's what I had today and what I'm going to have tomorrow:

B - 2 scrambled eggs with a bit of ff milk added in; 2 peices of bacon
S - string cheese
L - frozen south beach diet meal; steak and broccoli w/ cheese sauce; salad w/ italian; sf jello
S - string cheese
D - pork roast with greenbeans
And a lot of diet sf lemon iced tea

Tomorrow:

B: cottage cheese, maybe with something added in. Not sure yet.

S: celery sticks with 2 tbs natural peanut butter

Lunch: Layered mexican dish (layered in a tupperware bowl...ff refried beans, salsa, avacado, cheese, olives) I think I'll heat it up right before eating.

S: string cheese

D: pork roast or pork chop (left overs) with salad or greenbeans

DST: no sugar added fudgepop
zoerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:24 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Great job! You all should join in with the Phase 1 starters thread! So many fun gals over there!!!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:22 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

You chicks are doing great, but remember to eat your 4.5 cups of veggies. Keep up the good work. And post with us in the daily.
little chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:41 AM   #5  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Great job! The first day is often the hardest, and it's great that you found it to be an easier-than-expected experience! Hang in there and make sure you get those veggies in every day.
crk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:29 PM   #6  

Day #2 here for me! I lost ONE pound Day #1? I was expecting more...but I know I am just starting? I know I have seen some folks drop 4 pounds the first day?? Maybe because I have already lost so much?
Skinny4baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 222.8/213.8/145

Height: 5'1

Skinny - be proud of that 1 pound! Since you've only been on SB for one day the loss is simply water weight and less actual food weight in your belly. Give it a few days and you will lose more as your body starts to burn off the fat.

Good luck and you're doing great! =)
zoerba is offline   Reply With Quote