Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 11:53 PM   #1  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Cool Slim Down Sistas: Keeping it Straight in '08

Evenin' yall! This thread is for my 'sisters' from other challenges and anyone else who cares to join. Cause, let's keep it real, 3FC is a FAMILY, a kickass one at that!

Aimee, Randee, Ro, Courtnie, HS, Eny, Jen....GET OVER HERE!!!
Old 01-13-2008, 12:03 AM   #2  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

So today was a okay day. My teeth have been hurting since this morning and it's caused a headache. I can't wait to get my dental back so I can go get this fixed!

I need to start paying more attention to the sales ad in the newspaper cause Walgreens had a sale on those fabulous Fiber One bars and it ended tonight! I was only able to get two boxes.

They were also having a sale on that Special k protein water. They were only $1 each so I got one of each flavor (they only had two). Has anyone tried these?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my little brother Marquis who is 14 today! I'm still trying to figure out how that happened since yesterday he was two and attached to my hip. I felt HORRIBLE cause I got up this morning, saw him all day, and didn't wish him a happy birthday! BUT I didn't know today's date until I was on the bus on the way to work! He doesn't care though. Mama brought him a new Yugioh game and he's been occupied all day. I brought him some sunflower seeds and soda when I got off work.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for starting this Shari! Happy bday to your brother! Yah, time goes WAY too fast, eh!

Courtnie - congrats on the weight loss!

hsmom - I sure hope you are right and my body will drop a few pounds from the little "dinner" from last night!

So Josh and I went downtown Vancouver today and did some shopping - we went to Holt Renfrew. Great store! However, while I was looking thru the sale racks I found a nice black cardigan - it was down to 219 from 499! Omg, insanely priced!! I bought some mascara and a makeup bag - 58 bucks later. I do love me some expensive mascara though! I didn't eat the BEST but I didn't do that bad either. I am feeling ill tonight though, not used to this much eating out. I am not counting my calories from today, I am too tired and too embarrassed by the lack of veggies. I will be back to my now normal ways 100% tomorrow! I am off to bed.. I'll talk to you all tomorrow!

-Aimee
Old 01-13-2008, 10:42 PM   #4  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

So ive had kinda a bad weekend. Ive hardly had any water this weekend, and my body is kicking me for it...I went out to eat yesterday to Changs and ate way too much, but on the plus note, I did have alot of veggies..and today I had 2 cookies!!! I know 2 cookies doesent sound bad, but I havent had any sweets for 2 weeks and my body is going crazy because of the sugar. I also had a small soda..ugh, my stomach hurts. I havent exercised either!! Its like I used this week for a free-for-all and I feel like I let myself down. I KNOW ive stayed within my points for the week, but I still feel like I cheated and I just feel plain icky!

Shari- Happy birthday to your brother!!! Nothing is worse than a toothache!!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 12:36 AM   #5  

I had the same weekend as you- Randee! I am not really restricting my calories so much, have been watching my quantities, and eating veggies. I managed to stay around 1800-2000, which is good I think. But Friday night with the power outage and my fast food dinner? I was at 2400! Saturday I didn't count - but I wasn't feeling too good, so I had a green smoothie and woke up fine. Today was good though! I'll take it!

One of my other resolutions was to get my finances under control and get rid of a couple of bills. So far so good with that! I am not the best with this whole financial smarts thing, so I'm making baby steps - and then one day I can finally afford to buy a darn house!

Randee - with the notion that this is a lifestyle.. you have to not beat yourself up for days that end up not the greatest. Think bigger picture, if you stayed within your points, then thats a GREAT victory! Just think back to bad days when you were off OFF plan.. makes me cringe what I used to eat! Drink some water! Tomorrow is a new day

-Aimee
Old 01-14-2008, 02:48 AM   #6  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Well TOM reared his ugly head today. Damn him.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 239/214.6/145

Height: 5' 5.5

Shari- Sorry about starting another thread. I didn't know you started this one for some reason I didn't see it. Thanks, for starting this thread. I've never tried the Fiber One Bars. How are they? I did try the Special K protein water, I'll stick with regular water. My dd really liked it though. My ds said he liked it but wouldn't drink it after two sips. I hope your dental stuff comes back so you can get your teeth fix. How are you feeling today? Happy belated Birthday to your brother. I did something similar to my brother 2 years ago.

Aimee-Finances for a resolution, that's a big one. As soon as we get our regular bills back to where they should be we are hoping to get a budget in place. I wonder how long that will last. lol. There's always to much stuff come up everytime we try it. So we just made a goal to try to spend our money more wisely for right now. Good Luck with it maybe in a few months I can pick up some tips from you.

Purplecrush- I ditto what Aimee said. All in all the day was a victory. You're doing great!

Just out of my curiousity we'll everyone list what plan you follow, and your weigh in day and any important events coming your way this year. I want to be as encouraging to ya'll ladies as you are to me. Sorry, that I'm so forgetful.

Saturday, I did good getting in aps. Sunday, I visited my grandfather, that was dx with liver cancer right after Thanksgiving, he's been in extremely bad health the drs have said there is nothing they can do for him this past week. He said he's not in any pain but he wants a second chance. He's going to have to go back to the dr or hospital it sounds like his lungs are starting to feel up again. My mom (she's sick left for a few days for her dr appt) and dad (he's always in pain dr appt also) are the ones taking him back and forth to the dr & hospital. They weren't suposse to be back until Wednesday but are now coming back earlier. They have to stay until after my mom's appt thought because her doctors are checking her for kidney damage. She's already had signs of kidney failure from recent blood test. I was going to post last night, but I was just to drain emotionally. I'm doing better this a.m. I'll cbl I need to get moving so I can get to the gym today. I've went over my points 2 days in a row. Oops. I'm going with my good decision will hopefully out weigh my bad ones.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:55 AM   #8  
Starbucks Addict!

Good morning!! Today is going to be a good day..I can feel it!! Already drinking my water, going to exercise here in a bit.

Just wanted to say hi! Ill be back later!

Oh, btw, Im following Weight Watchers. My weigh ins are Tuesdays. Im trying to lose about 30 lbs..well as much as I can before July 4th. Thats our annual beach trip, I dont want to be mistaken for a beached whale lol. Thats one of my long term goals..I have a bunch of mini goals...like Valentines day, Easter, Memorial day, Halloween, and Christmas. lol

Last edited by purplecrush; 01-14-2008 at 11:16 AM.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:39 PM   #9  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

omg I am so tired.

I will go through posts later, once I have some coffee and wake up!
Old 01-14-2008, 01:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 239/214.6/145

Height: 5' 5.5

I follow the Weight Watchers plan which is a low fat diet and weigh in on Thursdays. I have a wedding to go to in June and swim suit season is coming up. Who doesn't want to look good in a swim suit?

I didn't get toreally workout hard since me knees are still very sore from playing basketball with dd. I did get an hour on the treadmill.

Purplecrush- ((skinny vibes)) for tomorrow. It sounds like your going to have a great day today.

Courtnie- Gotta love that coffee.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:57 PM   #11  

Goodmorning!

I don't know what I'm following just yet! I am watching my calorie intake, not really limiting it just yet though. Eating TONS of veggies and fruit - and really just trying to think "healthy" over "dieting". My timeline? Each month I am making a goal, and just hoping to feel better in my skin! I weigh in on Monday's or Tuesday - depending on when I work!

I am gonna go WI and then make my breakfast smoothie! BBL!

-Aimee
Old 01-14-2008, 02:28 PM   #12  
Starbucks Addict!

Thanks hsmomx2! I need skinny vibes lol..well dont we all really Im almost done with my water, about halfway done. Ill refill my bottle before I go to work. I work at a school, which is REALLY hot, so I can drink all my water in a hour. Its nice actually lol.

Well..Aimee..did you weigh in????
Old 01-14-2008, 02:43 PM   #13  
Starting Fresh

*skinny vibes* for everyone! haha

Well I guess I could say what I am doing. I am using a calorie counting site that I can't mention here but it has the word spark in it! I am using their calorie limits set for me, 1260 - 1630, I am trying to eat as high as possible and still lose though. I am also exercise 5x a week for at least 20min, if I exercise at lot then I am not afraid to eat more then the 1630. I am also drinking at least 3L of water a day.

So that is my plan! I also plan my meals in advance and post them on a planning thread and joined the 21 day challenges! woo

Happy Monday!
Old 01-14-2008, 02:49 PM   #14  

Randee - way to go with the water! I am still not there with the water thing, so I am impressed by you!

I am down 3 pounds this week! Thats just WOW to me!

Just 11 pounds to go to make my January goal. Sorta, I had planned to do a cleanse this month, but it'll have to wait until Feb. I will take the remaining weight I haven't lost this month and carry it over to Feb for the end result to be 30 pounds between both months.

I gotta go to the market! I shall be back later!

-Aimee
Old 01-14-2008, 02:53 PM   #15  
Starting Fresh

Congrats Aimee!!!!!! woohoo!

So I set my self a challenge, to lose all the weight I gained by April 1. I want to be 160 pounds by then (where I was before *sniff*) that means I need to lose 1.22 pounds a week! I can do it!!

Sucks that you can gain weight faster then you can loose it.

Last edited by sotypical; 01-14-2008 at 02:54 PM.
Closed Thread