Old 01-13-2008, 09:55 PM   #1  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Default Stuffed

When I was on this plan over the summer it was the colored plan and I was on red. It was a perfect plan. At first I had a little trouble getting all of the food in but it was doable and within a few days I had it down pretty good.

Things have changed so much since then. Now I'm on a numbered plan, 4. The amounts have changed and portion sizes have gone up. Today is my first full day on the plan (I did have my birthday dinner last night of sushi, which will be on the later plan but now I'm on express) and I still have a lite, starch, dairy and fruit left. I'm absolutely stuffed. I feel like I've been eating since I got up this morning and I don't want another bite.

I'm going to talk to the COD tomorrow at weigh in about it but does anyone else have this problem? I guess I've never been a good eater and am not used to eating this much for sure. Maybe over a regular work day this will work since I'm up at 3:45AM and don't go to bed until 9PM. Today I slept until 8:30AM (yes!) so maybe the later start to my day is the reason for it. Should I force myself to fit in the rest when I'm not hungry?
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:17 PM   #2  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Liza - DH and I both felt the same way when they switched us - and we GAINED weight! Our COD switched us back to the Red Plan, but told us that they really weren't supposed to. Thankfully, our counselors wanted to do what was best for us and not worry about some new plan. One of them even said, "I just don't see why they changed something that was working! How can you add that many starches and still keep losing?" I know that others have been totally successful on the new plan though, so don't let my experience dampen your spirits!!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:23 PM   #3  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Yes, the 5 starches is quite a bit for even me and I love starches. I got myself a breadmaker for the holidays and made a whole wheat french bread to go with dinner tonight. I only had one slice because of the amount of vegetables I had to get in. I mean I like big salads, but the portion sizes on these are a bit up there. 3 cups of lettuce = 1 vegetable 2 cups of spinach, etc. I like big salads but really.... Same with dairy. One serving before was a little difficult, two would've been perfect but now it's three.
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:56 PM   #4  
LAWL Salt Police

Yikes.. That sounds like a ton of food.. Even I'd have trouble getting starches in on that one. .

Happy B-day by the way...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:27 AM   #5  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Liza,

Before I stopped going to COD when my weeks ran out they had switched me from Red 1 to plan 5 and once I saw the plan I told them straight up it was too much food. red 1 was too much and this plan had even more. They wouldn't listen to me at all which was a driving force for me not to buy any more weeks and move on. But I was like you and felt like I was eating all day and I gained when I was on it. On my own I went back to the equivalent of red and started losing again. Hopefully you can do better than I did....
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:53 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Liza -

I feel your pain. I'm on plan #7, which is an upped version of #5. I think I get the upped version b/c my starting weight is so high. I have to get 10 starches in!

I feel a bit different about this than the others. I think you should absolutely get all of your food in. I am never, never, NEVER hungry and I basically force-feed myself alot of the time. But I have found that I lose more when I make that extra effort to get everything in. The time that I have stayed the same (once) and gone up (once) have both been when I skipped food.

I have the same issue w/ eating on the weekends and the 1st couple of weekends I felt like all I did was eat, prepare food, and then eat some more. I found just doubling up on some of my portions has helped alot.

Let me know if you want more details and I'll post some menus.
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote