Old 12-30-2007, 07:05 PM   #1  
girl in the public eye!

S/C/G: 270/262/140

Height: 5'5

Default Single Thirty somethings!!!!

I thought I would start this for all the single 30 somethings out there. I know for myself my challenges are different. I don't have children-- never have or a husband. Have been engaged a few times but never made it all the way :P

I thought it would be fun to reach out to all of us who are out there and share our struggles. I know for me one of the biggest issues is going to be fitting this into my social life which includes alot of dining out and drinking wine!!!

I am also concerned about starting a new relationship while working towards my goal. I don't want to be distracted. Is there anyone out there like me???
belleamiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:26 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Amy, Feel free to join us on the daily chat if you'd like, that's where we do most of our chatting! Not all of us are married w/children.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:54 PM   #3  

I haven't been on this site in sometime and single thirty somethings is the first thing I read that i can relate to... ding ding ding

Peace ladies!!
brandyandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:53 PM   #4  
girl in the public eye!

Brandy-- thats what I am talking about!!! And moderator..I plan on participating but there is just something different I think that I am trying to have in this thread-- nothing negative but its hard for people I think like me to find other people like us. We are a small group in this world!!! And are always asked to kind of conform and make due with what else is out there. We are always asked to meet people wehre they are and not really the reverse. Does anyone else know what I mean?

I just choose to live a different kind of life. I love it! But the world sometimes just doesn't get it . :P
Old 12-30-2007, 11:21 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

belle, I am a regular part of the daily threads, however I am also 30 and single. Well it is more like single again. (divorce) I hear what you are saying, however; I think it would be better if you got encouragement from the whole group.

I don't believe that they look at me any differently since I am single without kids. Some are married, some married with kids, others are divorced (like me) and we are all really supportive of each other. Give it a try and if you still don't care for it, we will try something to suit you. K?

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:55 AM   #6  
girl in the public eye!

Hey Lisa--

Thanks for the post....I am not sure if its me...maybe I am misscommunicating. I amt totally planning in participating in the daily thread but wanted to give a forum to single gals..never married without kids. I just think it has some interesting challenges and wanted to create a space to discuss them.

I think we should have as many forums as people need! I have only been on here for a short period of time and have bounced into a bunch of different forums and I love the fact that I can find support in all different places.

Sorry if I offended! thansk for your comment
Old 12-31-2007, 08:09 AM   #7  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Height: 5' 3"

Hiya! I'm Nicole, and I'm 31 (gulp) and single. I love being single right now! I was also once engaged, but he called off the wedding 2 years ago. I haven't really dated since! I'm waiting for the perfect guy to fall into my lap and love me for who I am. Good luck, right?
BabyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:46 AM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Nicole! from another Jersey girl! There's a few of us on the daily thread from NJ.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Single too

Hi Amiee,

I'm so glad I logged in today & found your thread! I'm 36, never married, no kids. You're so right about having different issues/needs/priorities than someone who is married or has kids. There are just some things I can't relate to & others that those w/kids or are married can't relate to about me.

And, I know what you mean about socializing too much wine! I also love to bake, which doesn't serve me to well...

I've been doing some "self-reflection" today and setting my goals to work on over the next year.

Looking forward to being an active part of the group & the 30-something group.

Happy New Year!

Jen
jenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:29 AM   #10  
girl in the public eye!

Hey Ladies!!!

I hope you all had a Happy New Year!!!

I dont' know Nicole it may just happen! I am sure you guys saw that major dating site that did the free communication weekend. I am not putting hte name because I don't think I can...well anyway I was bored at work on Thursday..and yeah I wound up having to work at the last minute between Christmas and New Years and said what the heck. Well-- I met someone! How random. We have been chatting on line the past few days. Now I am setting alot of boundaries in my life so I am only persuing friendships at the moment but I have to say its just been fun!!!

And to your wine point. JenJen Ugh I think thats going to be the hardest thing to have to give up!!!! I also noticed too that our weight loss goals are similar. Are you going to be working any particular diet? I just signed up for Medifast.

I am so glad you guys found the post! I am really excited about this journey I am embarking on and to find other people whose journeys have all intersected with one another!

Feel free to share ideas or what you think might be helpful to share!

Amy
Old 01-01-2008, 04:14 AM   #11  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleamiee View Post
Hey Ladies!!!

I hope you all had a Happy New Year!!!

I dont' know Nicole it may just happen! I am sure you guys saw that major dating site that did the free communication weekend. I am not putting hte name because I don't think I can...well anyway I was bored at work on Thursday..and yeah I wound up having to work at the last minute between Christmas and New Years and said what the heck. Well-- I met someone! How random. We have been chatting on line the past few days. Now I am setting alot of boundaries in my life so I am only persuing friendships at the moment but I have to say its just been fun!!!

And to your wine point. JenJen Ugh I think thats going to be the hardest thing to have to give up!!!! I also noticed too that our weight loss goals are similar. Are you going to be working any particular diet? I just signed up for Medifast.

I am so glad you guys found the post! I am really excited about this journey I am embarking on and to find other people whose journeys have all intersected with one another!

Feel free to share ideas or what you think might be helpful to share!

Amy
Good for you!!! Congrats! Have you met yet?
Old 01-01-2008, 04:17 AM   #12  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBH View Post
Hi Nicole! from another Jersey girl! There's a few of us on the daily thread from NJ.
Hello from Middlesex County! Is there a regular time you ladies chat?
Old 01-01-2008, 10:38 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Happy New Year, Ladies! And here's to a happy & prosperous 2008.

Amy, I know which site you're talking about. I've been on & off it on occasion (right now, off). I met a few guys & although it didn't work out with any, it gave me hope!

I'm sticking w/the basics--calorie counting, watching fat intake, & exercising. It may be slow going, but I've decided that my goal is to be healthy. Not to weight X amount by Y date. I think that's what has caused me to fail recently.

Hey Nicole, How are you today?

Well, I'm off to fix the traditional Southern (sort of) New Year's dinner. Have a great day.
jenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:52 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Nicole - we just randomly post our thoughts/chats at any time...just drop in and say hi. I can understand a singles chat..makes sense...but also don't forget about us on the regular chat...there are lots of us that can offer some great advice. And some of us (me) are just recently married so i still remember the pains/joys of being 30 and single. Many of us have a lot of good suggestions and advice to help you...on all aspct between life and wt loss....good luck guys!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:51 PM   #15  
girl in the public eye!

I think that would be great to have a regular time each day to come and post. Is there a time of day that works better for everyone? My time is somewhat flexibe because I can access the site during the day and the evening.

Oh I got the call today that my medifast has shipped!!!

So today is the big day! Its the first day of 2008. Oh I want to share something with everyone. A friend of mine told me about this-- He names his years. Its something that should be thought about-- I pray about it-- and then you keep that in the back of your mind all year long as sort of a theme for the year. Its a really neat thing and I found that it gives me a deeper sense of purpose each year.

For me this year is my year of action!

Just thought I would share and open the idea up to everyone!

Well I am off to Target to pick up some things and use my gift card! I love that store. LOL

Ohh I am also thinking of taking up Bikrum Yoga. I have been looking into it for awhile. Anyone had any experiences with it?

Amy