South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-11-2008, 05:25 PM   #1  

Unhappy Help!!!

Today makes a week that I have been on P1 with out cheating. But, today I felt like buying some fried chicken, the good thing is that I didn't. I feel so fat and I don't think I lost any weight at all. I need help and advice, please!

Thank you all in advance.
The New Me Lyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/210/150

Height: 5'7''

Smile

hi lyla,

it's a good thing that you didn't bought the fried chicken

you don't have to give up.
first i would say that you would have to weight yourself so you can realy see if you lost or not any weight.
it's posible to lose weight, check the 100lb club, and ou'll find there so many stories of people they lost weight....this is what i do when i get into that feeling, i know what you talking about....i really do...
so cheer up....and let do this toghether here at 3fc

michellenew
michellenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Lyla, congratulations for doing a perfect week of Phase 1 and NOT buying that fried chicken! Sometimes people don't see a weight loss until the second week of Phase 2. In the meantime, take your measurements now, and take them again in another week. You'll notice a difference, and most of us lose inches faster than we lose weight. Just make sure you are drinking plenty of water and including dairy and beans and your 4 1/2 cups of vegetables in your daily diet. The weight will start melting off before you know it!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 174/160/140

Height: 5' 2"

Default don't give up

Hang in Lyla.
I had to do it in stages. First I gave up starch, then a week later I gave up sugar, then a week later I gave up caffene. once I started P1, I had already lost 6 lbs. . I have done phase 1 for 1 week and haven't cheated. , but I also have not lost any more weight. I am going to wait til phase 2 to weigh again. when I want something that seems like cheating I eat salmon jerky ot turkey jerky for salty chewy. and I have Ricotta mixed with ff, sf pudding mix for sweet.
Have a great weekend!
dangergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Lyla- Great job on phase 1 and passing up temptation. I'm with Cottage on this. Take your measurements. Track them so on any given week if the scale is being difficult you'll be able to see results. Hang in there. You can do it.
THINBYJUNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:06 PM   #6  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Congrats Lyla on making it through the first week of P1! I am at the same point as you, and the first week can be just so difficult because SBD is a lifestyle change, and the temptations can feel overpowering. (The other days I was craving Mickey D's just SO badly...) But I just try to remember that I am doing this for such a good reason and that as I continue on with SBD, I am going to feel amazing about myself.

I agree with the others on taking your measurements. It is so easy to get caught up in what the scale says, but there are so many benefits to SBD that don't involve the numbers you read off of the scale. Hang in there, chin up. You can do this and we are all here for you!
crk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 258/254/180

Height: 5'5"

Stay strong, you will feel hungry and dreprived at times. I know for me its when I am told I cant have something that I feel like I have to have it. Its all in the way you look at it. Also, look at why you are feeling the need for it. Is it a comfort thing? I was really worried about today because I was going to the chocolate capital of the world (Hershey Park) but I did great. Stay strong.
I will give you what others gave to me:
Danielle
dlm30 is offline   Reply With Quote