Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 10:03 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss and Chitchat #284

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:17 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Sue- my life isn't very exciting, either, and I have to say I kind of like it this way. I've been having fun planning the Disney trip, and the wedding, though.

Sassy - hmmm, you're awfully quiet, missy. Are you ok?

Ellen - will the city pay for the new rim? I'll have to check out Chris Mooney's work.

Shop - would you want to share your first name? If not, that's totally understandable. Well, now we're all curious where you might get located.

Mindee - wow, you're doing great with the exercise, girl!

Marti - hope your computer is being more cooperative today.

Hello to Tammy, Angie, Mary Kate, Cristina, Jules, and anybody else reading this.

I've got to do some cleaning today since I've been slacking off so much in that department. If you remember, I was supposed to start my winter cleaning, but haven't done a thing so far. It's so much more fun to plan a wedding and think about our trip to Walt Disney World, lol.

Toodles for now,
Old 01-11-2008, 10:22 AM   #3  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good morning...A gray, dreary one here. And cold again. I am off to Wally World in a few minutes and then to CVS for Mom's medicine. I need to get back here and do some housework and ironing. (unless I can put that off till tomorrow)

I wanted to welcome the two new chicks and ask if you have done Bios on the bio thread yet? Would love to know more about you both.

Feeling good about counting calories again. I told DH I am going to TRY to stick to it religiously until we go to Vegas the 23rd. I know I will fall off a little that week, but I will also get in a lot of walking that week. May balance out?? I have done well so far today and hope to continue. We are going out for dinner, but I already figured out what I am ordering. That helps.

Mindee- I also walk in the rain in the warm weather, but it was 35* and windy yesterday...no way! haha

More exciting info for me. DH told me yesterday he is taking me to Myrtle Beach for my BD in Oct. I have wanted to go for years. Now I need to check on temps. in Oct. Luckily I don't care about getting IN the ocean.

Okay...gotta run for now.

add: Jane, you popped in there. I must admit, I rather like the un-exciting life too. As long as we get out and do something once in awhile I am happy. Love my home and love to be here curled up with a book or whatever...

Last edited by suetalks; 01-11-2008 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:55 AM   #4  
ugggg.....

Quickie as I am out the door to do a bunch of stuff!! Including watching Nick so Teri and Dave can run to Walmart.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:05 AM   #5  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Jane-My name is Frances..lol. Or you can call me Francie, either one is cool with me. You're planning a wedding?? Or someone else is planning a wedding? I was a little confused. I love wedding planning!!!!!!!! Planning mine was so much fun!!!

Goals for today:
~clean bathroom & kitchen
~wash clothes
~go to the gym and make appt with a trainer, and hope I dont get bumped
~try to drink 8 glasses of water (I only made it to 5 yesterday)
~start a new jounrnal
Old 01-11-2008, 12:16 PM   #6  

Height: 5'5"

OK i remembered to do my Bio! Anyone who wants to check it out can!
Old 01-11-2008, 12:44 PM   #7  

Height: 5'1"

Morning Ladies!

Back up and running ok (for now at least) Not sure what was wrong or what hubby did to fix it, but it's fixed.

Last night took a break from exercise. Started watching a movie and when it was over it was late. Tonight I will be walking. And next week I'm planning to hit the gym most of the days. Must make progress.

Jane--I need to do some serious cleaning myself. Maybe the word I'm looking for is organizing. I can't stand clutter and by golly, my place is getting very cluttered! Drives me batty! So, what colors has Katie decided on for her wedding?

Sue--I'm trying to count my calories again too. I do well the first part of the day and then after work......not sure what my mind is set at but it just kind of does it's own thing! I need to start my food journal again. That darn thing I hate to keep is always helpful, so I guess it wouldn't hurt me to start again.

Jules--I bet you're having a wonderful time watching the baby. How is Teri doing now that she's had him? And how is the baby? My DD was a sleeper. There were times where I would pick her up and put her up to my ear so I can hear her breathe she slept so much!

Francie--I love that name! Feel free to help me out w/my list I have for today. (suppose I should make one first before I ask for help eh?) Looking forward to getting to know more about you! So where do you and hubby want to be stationed?

Ellen--A January baby! (I read your Bio) You're still young. I'll be 37 next Saturday the 19th. I used to think how being so close to 40 makes me feel old. Now....I look forward to looking my best in my 40's. Of course I have 3yrs yet before I turn 40 so that gives me plenty of time to work on myself.

Hello to the rest of the group: Angie, Trish, Mindee, Sassy, Cristina, Tammy and Marykate!

Well I suppose I should get this day started. It's Friday and Friday's at work can either be easy or just down right dreadful. But there is a highlight to the end of the day...my DD is coming over and it's just her. Get some quality time w/her this weekend.

Ok...off I go ladies. Have a wonderful day.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:10 PM   #8  
I was born this way hey!

Marti-Ya, make the list first, then I'll help you. We're hoping for Italy, Japan, Hawaii, or VA!!! I'm so nervous about it.

I'm already done for 3 things on my list. (cleaned the bathroom, kitchen & washed the clothes. I even had time for a shower). Right now I'm just waiting for my hubby to come home so we can go to the gym. I dunno what time he gets off today. I changed my mind about the journal, I'm gonna start a blog instead. So I'm gonna go do that now.

Btw-I love & I'm all for dancing veggies!!!

oh ya...I added my bio too.

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 01-11-2008 at 01:11 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:15 PM   #9  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Francie! My son is in the Army and stationed in Hawaii...when he first went he loved, but not so much now. He is thinking about signing on again and hoping for a new place, closer to home though since he just got engaged. Looking forward to getting to know you and I hope you guys get the destination you want! Italy would be so cool!

Ellen...I am an avid reader, when I get in the mood, lol. I've made a goal though for 2008 to read 3-4 books a month, I am about 6 chapters away from book #3.

Marti...my computer has been slow the last two days for some reason...I think it was mad at me because it was fine for DD, lol. Ha! I would love to see 40! You are looking good for your age, and younger than your age so be very proud!

Jane...oh no! who is the Aunt to Clint that she gets a say so? Does sound like she will be trouble. At least you said something. I am butting out of Josh's & Charlotte's unless asked. Of course it is different with a DD than a son. But she is a sweet girl and has actually asked for my help. She too found that a lot of places are already booked, a year or two in advance. I made them think of a lot of thinks one being how are you going ot plan a wedding when no one knows where the Army will send Josh and when he will get time off again-very hard. They are thinking a Hawaiian wedding so she can go there until he gets his next orders. I too am curious about the colors of Katie's wedding! I love hearing about them and looking at all the catalogs and magazines! I know it will be a nice one!

Sue...glad you and dh had a nice mini-vaca. You are brave lady, no way would I walk in the rain, or cold! Keep on truckin'!

Sassy...how ya doing missy? Is this your weekend? Never can keep that straight.

Mindee...glad you guys finally got a court date.

Jules...you just enjoy being a grandma missy! Pop in when you can...I don't think I woudl be able to take myself away from a new grandbaby!

Hi everyone else

I got on the computer yesterday and read a little and then felt like crap so signed off. My back went out Wednesday afternoon and I have been laid out since. It's okay sitting at the computer because the type of chair, easy to get in and out of. Slept half of last night and the night before in a recliner I had V bring up from the basement-not the most comfortable but easier to get out of. Needless to say my house is a mess, to me anyway. I have V and Dd helping me and feel guilty for doing so...but gotta have help. What is really killing me is not being able to exercise today and yesterday. It won't happen until Monday...I'm hoping anyway.

Have a good day ladies!
Old 01-11-2008, 04:06 PM   #10  
I was born this way hey!

Have you tried Goodreads.com? Theres a couple groups for a book challange in 08. I joined one, and my challange is to read 100 books this year. I'm almost one with book 2.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:56 PM   #11  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end....just waiting for Tommy to get home. He went right from work to an interview with another temp agency. so hopefully he will get some more job offers from there! Then we will be off to Wal-Mart, and then Tommy wants Chinese for dinner. My mom sent us an email that they are doing a joint birthday party for my sister who was just here on our nephew Dominic who will be one on the 13th. My three other sisters that live down here are going up there (and since Tommy got a bigger check this week, I am hoping to go up there) and my mom would like to have all five of us girls there if possible. The only thing that was really on the agenda for tomorrow was for Tommy to go to a friends house to get another dresser for the boys since he is moving to Ohio. we shall see what he says when he gets home from work. Tommy's oldest brother is having a birthday party for his son tomorrow, and his brother's wife claims that it is a really small party (just her parents, my in-law's, her brother and his family, and my BIL) but she sent me (and Tommy) an email stating that she is having a big party tomorrow for her son. So, I am sure Tommy will let her know about it. (she claims that since we never invite them to birthday parties is the reason why we didn't get invited (we don't invite them because they can't get along with my SIL and her boyfriend). Then she told Tommy on the phone that since money is tight, they are only having the people that I just listed over. Tommy was going to have his mom call as soon as they left the party to let him know who all was there. He said that if there were more then the people that she mentioned, then he is going to call her and let her have it. (I don't blame him one bit)

Jane~ I am working my way up to being able to do it daily! I have already noticed a difference in my "love handles" which I never would have admitted to having before! But I feel great after doing it and I sleep a lot better! I must have missed the post when you had said that Katy was engaged. Congratulations to her!! We had a blast planning our wedding....so I agree with your "it's more fun to plan a wedding" statement!

Sue~ I would have to agree on the passing on the walking in the rain in 35 degree weather! I love walking in the rain during the summer....especially if it has been hot!

Jules~ Have fun watching little Nick!!!!

Frances~ It is good to set goals for the day.....I really need to do that! (although.....my main goal today was not to get puked on.....which I managed to not get puked on)

Ellen~ It is nice to read more about you!

Marti~ How are you doing? How is Jhanai and James?

Cristina~ That is just a court date to contest the ticket that he was given. That isn't for the lady.....which I am hoping means that she isn't going to try and take us to court.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:25 PM   #12  
ugggg.....

Mindee--good luck on the court date

Francie--Welcome--I could probably read 100 books a year....I love to read though I have been to busy lately!! My son's friend is stationed in WA state.

Cristina--awww sweetie...sorry to hear about your back. Teri's is hurting where she got her epidural.

Marti--he is such a good baby and Teri is such a good little mommy. He sleeps alot...and eats alot....and poops alot....and knew his mommy left the apartment but Uncle Ry helped me....Uncle Ry has the magic touch when Dominic's in the swing...but he doesn't do diapers. He's also getting excited about moving to Eugene.

Sue--I've wanted to go to Mrytle Beach for years and it's closer to me than you!! I'm jealous!!

Jane--did i miss what Katy's actual wedding date is going to be??

Yes I had fun today--he's such a sweet baby...
Old 01-11-2008, 08:34 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Ladies

A quick fly by. Last night DH purchased and downloaded & printed an ebook home study workbook on ph balancing for me. I started reading the quick start last night and spent the day reading and doing first lesson today. So I'll be studying this book for the next few days, but I will try to catch up on everyone tomorrow.

Francie - WELCOME!!!! Glad to have you joining us and glad you gave us your first name. This is a great bunch of caring ladies. Look forward to getting to know you.

Jules - I know you are enjoying babysitting little Nick.

Marti, Jane, Sue, Cristina and everyone else have a good evening.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 01-11-2008, 08:53 PM   #14  
I was born this way hey!

Thanks everyone!! Everyone seems so nice here.

As for my goals, well the only one that didnt happen was going to the gym today. Dh got off work late, and he basically worked non stop since yesterday. So he's taking a nap right now. He did promise we'd go to the gym in the morning and then come home and clean..yay. Anyways..Before he went to sleep we went over the orders and made up a list. So here's our list:

1. Naples Italy

2. Pearl Harbor, Hawaii

3. Kanohe, Hawaii

4. Okinawa, Japan

5. Iwakuni, Japan

So we'll see what happens.

And Jane..I sent you a message, but I dont know if it sent. My mouse kept clicking the send button a thousand times (I need a new one). But let me know if you got it or not..
Old 01-11-2008, 10:01 PM   #15  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Sue - yay for you, planning your restaurant choice before you go. I printed out all the points for the restaurants we go to. Makes it easier to stay OP. Have you had the apricot tilapia at Olive Garden? It was so good, and I had NO breadstix, just salad w/ff dressing.

Julie - aww, you're a wonderful grandma already. Don't you just love it? Wait til the day Nick looks at you, recognizes you, and smiles! Your heart will MELT!

Francie - what a cool name! DD and I are planning her wedding. She has some definite ideas about some things, and needs my input on others. I'm having a ball! Yep, I got your message, but you already knew that by now, lol.

Ellen - thank you for filling out the bio. (You, too, Francie!) It's always fun to know more about each other.

Marti - hope you're having lots of fun with Jhanai. Katie wedding colors are baby pink, white, black, & silver. It should be fairly easy to get things in these colors. We're having the college cater the meal, and they furnish all the table linens, which is very helpful.

Cristina - well, the woman can be very intimidating to someone like Katie, but I won't let her run over my DD. They are supposed to meet and discuss the flowers further, and Katie said she wants me there, for sure. I will have no problem having the flowers done somewhere else if she won't do them the way Katie wants. The aunt offered to do them, for just the cost of supplies, but something tells me we may be better off having a florist do them! Wow, it would be so cool to get married in Hawaii! How much longer will he be there?

Mindee - yikes, the brother's wife sounds a little.... difficult. If she leaves you guys off the guest list, and invites others, that would be really rude.

Trish - ph balancing sounds so interesting! You'll have to share with us some of the things you're learning. What got you started with this? I've never heard of it, but would like to know more.

Madison and Makenzie are here for the night. I've missed them so much, ever since they started school! Even though they live next door, some days I don't see them at all. Caylin has become my little buddy, lol, and loves being the center of attention.

I bought Leslie Sansone's "Walk Away Your Waistline" today. It comes with a walk belt, DVD, and 1, 2, and 3 mile markers. It also has arm straps attached to the belt, to help tone the arms. Goodness knows I sure need that! Now, if only I'll just do it! I did get a 1/2 hour walk in around the grounds today. That was before I bought the DVD.

See ya tomorrow!

Last edited by Jane; 01-11-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Closed Thread