South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-10-2008, 06:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 258/254/180

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy HELP!!! I am Scared

Hello,
I am scared, I have my first weekend outing since I started my diet. My inlaws are coming up for my mother-in-laws b-day. I have been doing so good and I am terrifed of my will power this weekend. They are snackers and beer drinkers. I love my beer especially micro-brews. We are going to downtown Hershey and Logans steak house for diner. I figured I would buy a 1 liter bottle of water to drink all day but its snacking, lunch and dinner I am worried about.

Help suggestions are needed!!!!

I am on phase one but I thought I could maybe make a phase 2 sweet so I dont feel so deprived when everyone is eating the birthday cake.
dlm30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

You can do it, DLM! At the steakhouse, you can have a steak or order a piece of grilled chicken. And have a huge salad, just make sure to use an approved dressing (or bring your own!). While the others are enjoying their beer, how about flavoring your water with Crystal Light for a tasty treat, or have a diet soda. For snacking, be prepared with raw veggies and dip, string cheese, and nuts. You can snack away with the rest of them and feel guilt-free! Good luck, and call on your will-power to help you get through the day.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

How about a Ph1 treat for you? There are some good ideas in the recipe thread. You can enjoy your dinner at the steak house. Order a nice steak and a nice big salad and/or some steamed veggies.
Remind yourself that the point of the occasion is to celebrate a birthday, not eat. There will lots more birthday parties and birthday cakes in your future. You will be able to taste birthday cake and beer occasionally in the future, but for now you don't want to waste all the hard work you've put into Ph1. Make some healthy snacks for everyone to nibble - cheese, nuts, veggies, deviled eggs. I find I deal with it better if I don't tell myself "that's something bad and you can't have it," but rather "I don't think I'll have any this time, maybe next time." You will feel strong and proud. After all, it's just a wad of white flour, fat and sugar. Don't let it conquer you! I am sure you can do this. Here's some
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:33 PM   #4  
TRIATHLETE!!!!!

S/C/G: 274/255/130

Height: 5' 5"

Think of how proud you'll be of sticking to plan! Good beer is always tough for me to resist, but I'm always really proud of myself when I stay on-track. Do you have a favorite Ph 1 friendly beverage that you could have instead? (I know, it's not the same, but is a beer today worth an extra week in Phase 1?!)

I bet the grilled veggies at the steakhouse are fantastic -- I'm always surprised by how good they are when I order them. Feel free to make a huge deal out of how delicious your selections are if there are any remarks from the Peanut Gallery.

If any of the activities will be at your home, you can derail the trouble before it starts -- only serve Ph 1 appetizers, but make them spectacular. Offered even to saboteurs with a "you have GOT to try this" works wonders.
cinderly is offline   Reply With Quote