Old 01-09-2008, 10:19 PM   #1  
All things are possible!!

Default My coworker is awesome!

I just have to share. . .

Normally, I have a real problem with "including" my skinny friends in my weight loss. (Am I the only one??) I just don't see how they understand what it's like, what I'm going through, how hard the temptations are, etc. I love them to death, but I just don't share things like this with them.

Well, my coworker is a little ol' thing, at 115 pounds. (If I cut myself in half, I'd STILL weigh more than her! ) Anyway, she has been super supportive of my decision to lose weight. And today, she was awesome!

She came back from the break room, and said, "I saved you."

Of course, I was really confused, and said, "WHAT?!"

She laughed and said, "I saved you the temptation. I didn't bring you back a piece of the cake that is in the break room!"

What a friend!

Last edited by Havingfaith; 01-09-2008 at 10:22 PM.
Havingfaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/145/145

That's great! I find that sometimes support comes from people that you least expect it from. I'll take any support I can get
tingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:01 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Yes! She is a great friend!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:19 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Sounds like she's excited for you and the changes that you are making. How wonderful.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:31 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

That's great, that she is so supportive! Although, I kind of wonder why she had to tell you about it...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:38 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Good friend and good opportunity. She obviously must be tempted by treats herself sometime. I wonder what she would say if you asked her about what tempts her and how she deals with it. Years ago I had a skinny friend who told me that whenever she had a temptation she told herself that she would indulge in the food on Sunday. Come Sunday she didn't want any of those things. It really helped me to see that skinny people do have to resist food too.
missy3gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:48 AM   #7  
No description available.

Missy is right. Skinny people have to regulate calories too. There are a few people with massive metabolisms, but these metabolisms don't last forever. The healthy slim people I know work at it....with plans incredibly similar to the weight-loss/lifestyle changes we see here every day.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

What a great friend! At first I was going to say you might ask her to not tell you about it next time...but, then you might walk in there later and see it unexpected. It might be better to be told it's there so you can prepare yourself to resist before going in that room.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote