South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-10-2008, 06:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Happenings on the Beach

Good Morning Chickies, another day is starting and we're almost through the week! I have time to grab a coffee and chat a few minutes before going to Curves. Cindy is going to take the girls to school this morning, but I have to run a lot of errands for her.

Yesterday was just gorgeous, despite earlier rainstorms, and Maggie and I went over to a friends' house after lunch and spent the afternoon hiking through though the woods. We had such a nice time and I think we all thoroughly enjoyed being outside enjoying nature and fresh air. After that it was pick up Audrey, ballet, tap, and home. Pretty good day, all in all, and eating was stellar!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:30 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage, our day weatherwise here sounds just like yours. I got soaked with rain when I got to school yesterday and ended up having to dry my sweater on my classroom heater.

Yesterday was quite a day. First the storm, then I "breaded" tilapia with some (very expensive) almond meal and baked them. Looked perfect. Took one bite and realized the entire batch of fish was "bad"..ammonia smell to the max. Last time I buy fish from wally-world. Should have known better. So we just added a bunch of turkey to our salads.

My Sister sent me a bunch of DVD's yesterday that she had made from old home movies going back over 50 years. We were watching them last night and they are real treasures.
There was one entitled "Katrina" and I really wasn't interested in watching yet another "Katrina Story" as that is still all that is in the news here even after more than 2 years.
But I let it run anyway and was in tears a few minutes later when I realized it was a story about my parents. I converted the dvd to a flash file. This is a big file and may take a while to load.
Mama (who is here in LA with me for a few months) had never seen it before either as my sister thought that her copy was broken.

Last edited by femmecreole; 01-10-2008 at 06:36 AM.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:02 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Cat, is Lonnie your sister? That was such a beautiful story. I needed some perspective in my day - I've been so grumpy about piddley stupid things and that shook me out of my self-pity party. I have nothing to complain about.

Linda, I'm glad you had a nice walk yesterday! Hope your weather is nice today as well!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:06 AM   #4  
-

Yep, my sweet "baby" sister. I was really dissapointed the first day my parents brought her home from the hospital...(I was 5) She was not the fun playmate that day I thought she would be. I've changed my mind.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:16 AM   #5  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

We are a step closer to the weekend

Good morning/nite Cottage, Cat & Kara I hope you gals have a great day/nite

I have to go to the doc this morning they called yesturday afternoon to say my white blood count cells are excesively high. I wonder if that has anything to do with not having a voice the past few days as well as having this awful cough.

Cat I opened your link but my comouter here at home is alot slower than at work so I will try it there - thank you for sharing a piece of your history with us

Check in with you all later.
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:39 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Hope everything's OK, Gonna!

Cat, did I ever tell you the Passenger Seat Baby story? Connor called Kadyn "Passenger Seat Baby" when she was in utero! He had one of those Power Wheels Jeeps (he was a couple weeks shy of three when she was born) and he figured that since he was the big brother, he would get to be the driver, and the baby would be the passenger. He was SO disappointed when she couldn't go in the Jeep right away! We fixed it a couple months later, though...

She eventually did ride in the passenger seat, too! (I just can't find a picture of that...)

Kara
Old 01-10-2008, 07:41 AM   #7  
-

Kara, that is just too cute! You never know what is going on in those "child heads" and how they relate to what's going on around them.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning

Femme That news footage is incredible. What a moving story. Thank you for sharing.
Cottage Have fun at Curves
Kara Just thought you might need one. The pctures are so cute, as is the story.
Gonna Good luck at the doctor and feel better real soon.

Me Went to the new doctor yesterday and am REALLY pleased. Apparently I am going to have to continue to deal with this headache for a couple more days but he's actually talking about running some tests and making the insurance pay for them So today my arm and head are sore so I guess I get to sit in a chair playing and making other people do all the cleaning today I guess I'm also going to have to start a North America tour and come clean out and organize closet for all of you that wanted help. My friends on the east will have to wait for summer though I'm a weather wuss.
THINBYJUNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:52 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Aw! I really enjoy the chat and pictures about the kidlets. I wish my grandbabies lived closer.

I'm off to town for a haircut shortly. I'm way overdue and am starting to feel like Rapunzel! When in town I may find some curtains for the back room. The windows are an awkward size and I really should make them but that's not fun sewing. I'll probably end up with ready made and hack them shorter.

Today is going to be a good day for us all!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:28 AM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Thanks for the hug, Dawn. I did need it. Glad to hear your appointment went well! Here's for insurance picking up the bill!!!

Have fun in town, Ruth! I love sewing curtains - so much easier than trying to find the perfect size in the perfect color. I go through a lot of curtains...eight houses in eight years of marriage!

I think I'm going to go finish up the last couple of chapters of my book and then hit the sack. Have a lovely Thursday!

Kara
Old 01-10-2008, 08:28 AM   #11  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks.... this is going to be a quickie. I got nothing on my todo list done yesterday, got so wrapped up in my fundraising stuff that the rest of the world just fadded away.

Cottage- your day yesterday sounds like it was wonderful. Have a great day today.

Cat- What a wonderful story, I cried.... I didn't like my baby sister much either till we were adults. Have a great day.

Kara- your babies are sooooo cute. Are you happy or sad that your boobs are shrinking.

Ruth- have a wonderful day. Hope you can find the perfect curtians.

Gonna- Have a great day.

Me- I am going to organize my kitchen today if it kills me....
I still am having slight headaches. But I really think I need to eat more, even though I am not feeling hungry. Oh and my rings are starting to spin around my fingers. Why can't I lose weight off my butt first.

Well chicks have a wonderful day.

I am presenting this to you my fellow chicks.
1: Because your the best
2. Because you always listen and give just the right advice
3. Because you are always there.
4. I am glad you chicks are in my life......

Thin- I will lend you a nice warm sweater and slippers if you come now.
little chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:38 AM   #12  
Visualizing the Goal

Oh, you didn't catch the sarcasm in that post from yesterday (which I actually wrote today in my world) because I deleted the incredibly sarcastic post above it. I was not excited. I'm not crushed, but just wishing it would come off somewhere else. Like my saggy belly. I'll keep my boobs, but the belly has GOT to go.

Sorry for the confusion. Sometimes I am too sarcastic...

Kara
Old 01-10-2008, 09:09 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Ah Kara the incredible shrinking boobs! I went from a C cup to an A cup! Did you know that is costs $8,000 + to lift and "replace" them? Not that I would do it but I was just curious so I checked one day! LOL I have much better things to spend that kind of money on!

LC Isn't it crazy where we see the weight loss first, our fingers???? Careful next thing you know those rings won't be spinning on your finger they will be flying across the room or in the trash (I am speaking from experience!) Nothing like digging in the trash bag (which of course is full cause it would never happen when it is empty) for a lost ring!

Had a very busy day at work yesterday and hoping it pays off today with underwriters giving me the nod to close on 3 homes! I have another one closing today. Boy would I rock if I could close 4 in 2 days!

Hope everyone has a great day and I will be back later.
Pacergal29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:25 AM   #14  
Visualizing the Goal

Stephanie, you rock no matter how many homes you close in two days! Looks like I'm headed in your direction, top-wise. Avery's still nursing, too, so I'll have a great big surprise when she weans...

Kara
Old 01-10-2008, 10:40 AM   #15  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the award LC

Kara the kids are adoable

Ruth I hope your hair cut looks awesome

Hiya Dawn & Stephanie Have a great day!

Went to the doc and my white blood cells where 3 times the normal and I was told I have Mono & Bronchitis(sp?) so I am out of work til Monday and no physical activity for 2 weeks - just great. Doc called me in 3 perscriptions and said my voice should be back in a few days. Doc said it could be due to all the stress with my dad & aunt passing and then woorying about everyone/everything else in life and stilkl trying to exercise & lose weight. She said this could be a big reason my weight has been at a stall.

Have a blessed day ladies...........I'm headed to bed.
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote