Old 01-09-2008, 03:54 PM   #1  
On my way to FIT

S/C/G: 285/298/130

Height: 5'1"

Cool Are you naked when you do it?

Weigh in, that is.

Do you wear certain clothes? Shoes or no shoes? Wait until a certain time of day?

Do you have like some kind of a ritual for weighing in?

Or am I like the only weirdo in the group? I don't get naked or wear certain clothes but I do have to wear a certain type of shoes. I used to take my shoes off but then I'd weigh more at my doctor's office because they don't require anyone to take their shoes off, so I started leaving them on, but to me, they have to be sneakers. I wouldn't weigh in with boots on.

I always weigh in, in the morning.

I also have this little accuracy ritual that I do. It's a digital scale so I make sure it's reset properly to zero by stepping on the scale and then off and letting it cycle through and shut off again. Then I weigh myself three or four times in a row, getting off in-between and letting the scale shut off. When I finally start getting consistent numbers, then I figure I'm done.

Okay, yeah, perhaps I'm a little OCD.
Eileen2bLean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/189/140

Height: 5' 5"

I bet everyone reads your post! VERY intriguing start to it!
If I'm weighing at home, I weigh in my nightgown, immediately after going to the bathroom early in A.M. -- I won't let myself take even a tiny sip of water. Yes, I'm a little OCD also.
If I'm weighing at work (I work at a school, and the health classroom has the big step-on type of scale), I first go to bathroom; only go after students have gone (so no one will watch); take off watch and any other heavy jewelry; take off shoes and jacket.
OK Lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:01 PM   #3  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Yes, and I keep the lights on. When I weigh myself, it's always in the morning, as I'm getting dressed. I do the on-off-on-off-on-off thing also. Just to make sure!
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:01 PM   #4  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm naked as can be, lol! If I'm really desperate, I'll even take the ponytail holder out of my hair, because sometimes I'm convinced that will take off 10lbs, HAHA!

Anyways! I don't weigh first thing in the am, I actually eat breakfast and workout, then weigh riiiight before I get in the shower. Weird, but I figure it's good as long as I am consistent.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 166.5/135/120

Height: 5'8"

I weigh myself first thing in the morning butt nekkid before i get into the shower. I only do it like once a week or i start getting obsessed with the number on the scale.
FlabulessPhyllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:07 PM   #6  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

I am naked when I do it...yes

First thing in the morning, after going to the bathroom. I have tea every morning, but I also won't sip it until I'm done!

I weigh one foot first... (somehow I think it'll confuse the scale from the day before.), and then weigh three or four times in a row too!
Same thing, if I get a consistent number, I'm done.

I guess we're all a little OCD!!!!

Linda

Last edited by famograham; 01-09-2008 at 04:10 PM.
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:10 PM   #7  
On my way to FIT

S/C/G: 285/298/130

Height: 5'1"

Oh my gosh, I feel so much better now, reading your posts! And OMG Cassie, LOL - I busted out laughing when I read that about the ponytail holder!

Thanks y'all!
Eileen2bLean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:10 PM   #8  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Yep, gotta do it naked. Wake up, stretch, stumble to the bathroom, go pee, take off jammies, get on scales....three times....and go with the number that comes up the most. I do this every single morning...on-plan or off. However, only Monday's weigh-in gets recorded on my tracker and in my weight log.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 01-09-2008 at 04:11 PM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:18 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I am cracking up....yes, we all have alot of this in common. I get up, pee, take off my nightie (but, have my shoes on - I don't go without shoes ever - old foot injury), weigh, get & off a couple of times.

I try to only weigh once a week - or else that number spins in my head and I go crazy. But, that's me.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:40 PM   #10  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Absolutely naked. I get up, pee, weigh myself 3 times, get dressed, let the dog out and while she's doing her thing I take the best weight and record it into fitday.
dixied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverlyjoy View Post
I am cracking up....yes, we all have alot of this in common. I get up, pee, take off my nightie (but, have my shoes on - I don't go without shoes ever - old foot injury), weigh, get & off a couple of times.
LOL - I'm picturing you in bed with your shoes on (ok - not you, 'cause I don't know what you look like...) & then on the scale starkers except for the shoes. Hahaha!

I do the whole morning, pee, naked thing too. But I also step on the scale pretty much every time I go into the bedroom. When I moved I had to leave my scale behind 'cause I had too much stuff for the plane. First day here I had to go buy a scale - although I'm not happy with the new one. A couple years ago I was away for the summer, didn't bring the scale - I had to get dh to bring it up to me the first week - I was going crazy without it! It's kind of my security blanket. If I "feel" fat but I have that reassurance that I'm basically the same as yesterday then I know it's just a feeling.

I could NOT do the digital scale thing though - way to precise for me. It would drive me bonkers seeing it go up & down point whatever. The dial one leaves a little bit of "range" without causing me stress - lol!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:44 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Naked, with lights on and eyes open, first thing in the morning.

I'm also one to weigh myself multiple times right in a row.
BattleAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #13  
Mz. Matherne

S/C/G: 285/275/150

Yes I weigh in the nude, first thing in the morning right after I pee. I also do the get on, get off, get on, get off thing just to make sure lol you never know you might lose a pound in the process. If I forget to do it and drink water I won't weigh in until the next day because I'm convinced the water added a few pounds.
dandk0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 330lb/165lb/155lb

Height: 5'6"

yeah i stumble into the bathroom when i wake up, if i need to pee i do that, then i weigh in 2-3 times for accuracy. I have had the odd weird reading hence the extra time.
I dont usually wear clothes unless its just my PJs or something light.
wishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:00 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I joing the OCD club...so glad not to be alone! I weigh everyday, several times a day. When I see it go down during the week it is huge motivation to stay on plan and not ruin it by Monday!

I weigh during the day whenever I pass by and I have learned my winter clothes add 2 lb. and summer 1 lb. i weigh right before bed and try to guess what I'll get in the AM. Then I weigh first thing AM, completely naked, cannot have even an earring on, and I step at least 4-5 times, if it's a good number I can do more just to smile at it.

I will admit something more...this morning I was down another lb and was so happy that after I dropped the kids at school I came back home, ran in there, took all my clothing off (yes Cassie, hair tie and all ) and I weighed about 3 more times. Then I didn't want to eat and ruin that beautiful number...but hormonal PMS munchies always win and I had to eat.

I am beyond obsessed! BUT it really motivates me, esp. when the number goes up and I know I have to get more strict.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote