South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 05:51 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default HUMP Day Warblings!

Yippee! I get to start the daily! I guess going to bed at ten is putting me back on sleep schedule.

I'm up, dressed, doing coffee and a chicken soup breakfast and then will be off to the gym. I'll do some sewing after that and then Hershey and I are off to do pet therapy at the clinic followed by her "annual" at the vet. Whew!

I've not checked outside yet but we are going back to alleged normal weather today but not that bitter cold of a week ago!

What's going in your space? Sit and chat a bit.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm sitting here enjoying my coffee after a miserable night's sleep. If things go right this morning, I'm going to try to catch a nap before it's time to pick up Maggie. I'm dressed and just waiting for Curves to open to get my workout in. Day 8 for me, and things are going great.

Looks like today is the last of our "heatwave", too, Ruth. It's supposed to be rainy and windy this morning, but I haven't checked outside to see what's happening out there yet.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:14 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Ladies!
Strangely warm here too...and rainy. Supposed to cool down here by the weekend. I have so much yard work to do to clean up from last week's freeze that I wish it would stay warm a little longer.

Nothing exiting going on here, just work and more work. Trying to get too much done before my company arrives on Monday. My sister decided to come visit too for the two weeks, so my husband will have 4 extra women to deal with for 2 weeks, but he'll love it.

Going to defrost some tilapia for dinner today. Oh, and the slowcooker turkey yesterday turned out ok, but kind of dry even though there was lots of "juice" in the crockpot. Could have just been a tough bird. Going to make turkey salad out of the leftovers for tomorrow.

Has anyone here tried a fluidity bar? I have been reading reviews all over the place that look good, and am thinking about getting one after my company leaves.

Last edited by femmecreole; 01-09-2008 at 06:17 AM.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:23 AM   #4  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Morning ladies! It's suppose to be 80* here today and then cool down toward the weekend. I woke up with no soreness from my accident so that was good.

Ruth glad your getting back to a normal schedule

Cottage enjoy you nap - if you get to take it

Cat we are having talapia for dinner as well

Good morning to those not yet up. I did save you cup so sip up and I'll check back in a bit
Old 01-09-2008, 07:06 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks a quickie this morning... I am off to take the kiddies to the bus stop, and I have a huge todo list this morning. Starting with a quick tidy of the house. I spent to much time on the computer working on fundraising projects yesterday, then last night to the funeral palour, then tv. So everyone have a great day.
Ps. Weighed in this morning and I am down 6 pounds.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:07 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good morning Chickdom!

Ruth, hope you have fun at the gym! Do they have a PT schedule set up for you for after the operation?

Linda, hope that nap works out for you! Going through days caring for younguns in a haze is never fun.

Cat, sorry the turkey didn't turn out better! I'm sure your tilapia will be succulent tonight, though!

Gonna, glad to hear you aren't sore! Keep an eye on it, though. Might take a couple days to work out the kinks.

LC, that scale made a JUMP! Can I borrow it, please? Mine's been stuck for the past five days.

We just got back from AWANA and the kids are all snuggled in bed under their fuzzy blankets so I have a minute to destress. We have twelve three and four year olds tonight! Whew! They were all good kids, though, so it was fun. Three new faces!!! Praise God. I love the little ones - you feel like you're really starting them off a solid path.

Off to get a snack. I've got a hundred calories left in my day and I'm going to make the most of it!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 01-09-2008 at 07:08 AM.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning All

Cottage Happy napping
Ruth Wow You're very busy today. How di it go at the dr's yesterday?
LC on the 6 pound loss.
Femme I have not tried a fluidity bar unless you count the dance bar in kindergarten ballet. It looks neat though. If you get one let me know what you think. I'm always trying to find exercise I actually like.
Gonna I'm glad you woke up feeling O.K. Now we just have to find the jerk that did this.
Kara That's alot of kids but sounds like you had a great time.

Me I finally have my dr's appointment today. Maybe after I get my hormone shot my headache will finally go away all together. Back to cleaning today. I actually got my employees in the cleaning mood so now I have some help.
Have a great ay everyone.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:38 AM   #8  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

LC on your 6lb loss. I sure the scale is as good to me on Friday

Kara glda you guys had a nice day - sleep tight

Dawn I figure that jerk will get his in due time. If you get your cleaning done early I have some you can do.

Have a great morning!

I'll be back.....
Old 01-09-2008, 09:04 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good Morning! After a real frog strangler of a rain yesterday the sun is trying to peek out this morning! Thank goodness, all I wanted to do yesterday was sleep and I am pretty sure the boss would not have approved!

Ruth Enjoy your day of getting back to normal.

Cottage Catch a few winks for me too!

Cat Must be a night for fish, salmon is on my menu tonight.

Gonna Glad to hear you aren't sore this morning.

LC WTG on the 6 pounds! I know you have been wanting this for sometime!

Kara Glad to hear your yoga class went well, I know what it is like to get used to one instructors ways and then get hit with a new one, thank goodness it was a positive change!

Dawn Glad to hear the cleaning is going well, reading some of the posts I think you could spend the year traveling the world helping us all tidy up!

Me Pretty calm is my world unless you count DD's boyfriend broke up with her (major drama in her life at 16, I almost remember what it was like) and the puppy is becoming a handful! Day 4 on P1 and I had an icky breakfast, some kind of mock danish I got off of another site because I didn't have the stuff for the one here.

Alright I must start my day, check back later chicks!
Old 01-09-2008, 09:33 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Just sneaking a few minutes to say good morning chicks. I may or may not be going on my business trip this afternoon, depending on if the government funding comes through. I'm sure it'll be last minute, I'll be standing at the door with my bag at 3:30 still waiting to hear!
Otherwise day9 Ph1, and all is well.
Very rainy and windy, but not so cold yet.
Pacer, my DD's senior year we went through three boyfriends and three breakups. That was not a fun year. Don't know if I'll have the energy for all that again when DD2 is old enough to start dating.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:36 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone! I'm so glad the week is almost half over. (Although there are 4 football games on this weekend for DH and I only want to watch one!)

Ruth: Thank you for going to bed early and getting us started! Hope your time at the gym is wonderful! Good luck to Hershey at the vet! (I wonder if she dreads her annual as much as us ladies dread our annual! )

Cottage: It's so great that you have the motivation to jump back up and head to Curves! I'm proud of you, missy! Hope that weather isn't too terrible. We got the wind yesterday and my poor dachshund was really fighting to get through it - don't tell him, but it was hilarious!

Cat: Well, your DH is much more tolerant than mine! I don't think he could stand it if there were 3 other women to deal with for more than a long weekend! Ha! That'll be the day! I hope your preparations for your sis' arrival go well. Haven't even heard of the fluidity bar - I'll have to google it later.

GonnaBe: I'm so glad that you're not sore! What a terrible experience. I hope today is a hundred times better and that they find the hit & runner!

LC: on your 6 lbs! That is fantastic, wonderful, faboo! One week of P1 left for you, right? Keep up the great work!

Kara: I'm glad Awana's went well. I miss teaching Sunday School for the little ones, but getting into it right now would be a bad thing. I just can't commit with work and school. Maybe after I get my degree, I'll have the time and energy for it! Have a great night! Enjoy your snacking.

Dawn: I hope the shot does the trick. Hope your employees stay in the cleaning mood!

Stephanie: Ahhh, young love! I hope DD is feeling better - I'm sure she'll move on soon...we all do! Puppies are always a handful, but so worth it. We got both of our furbabies as puppies and man, were they a pain, but I can't imagine my life without them now!

Me: Well, with all the football this weekend, DH is having a friend over to watch most of the games, so the majority of my cleaning will have to be done the next few nights. I told DH I wasn't cooking tonight since I have to workout, do my Avon and start cleaning the house. Tomorrow is a crock pot meal and Friday will be leftovers of that. I've also got to get all my stuff going for my "new student" orientation. I'm planning on having everything done (tuition payment plan set up, books purchased, parking permit purchased) before I go so that I can prove that a 26-year old with 43 hours doesn't need a new student orientation to transition into school. I'm really hoping I make my point and that future transfer students don't need to go through this mess.

Well, we have a staff meeting and then I need to run home because DH may have left the coffee pot on. TTYL!

~Kim
Old 01-09-2008, 09:37 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Schmoodle: I hope your day is great and that you get a little heads up about your trip! Happy traveling if you do go!
Old 01-09-2008, 09:50 AM   #13  
Visualizing the Goal

Kim, good luck with your To Do list! I'm wiping the sweat off my brow just thinking about it!

Schmoodle, hope the trip works out for you! I've been meaning to tell you about a fun new DVD workout I found called Walk Away the Pounds. It's with Leslie Sansone and she's just hilarious. If you like a chatty, fun exercise instructor, she's your gal. I guess there are several DVDs in the series, for all different intensities. I remember you were looking for something and I thought that might work for you. Wish we were still in the DC Metro area - I'd lend you the DVD I got to see if you like it!

Stephanie, sorry to hear about the breakup. That can't be fun for Mom! I tried a mock danish recipe in Phase 1 and ended up throwing it away after a couple bites. Blech.

Dawn, hope the hormones help. Goodness knows, the last thing I need are more hormones!!!

I'm off to bed - early morning tomorrow so I can get my run in before Tom heads off to work. Keep the world running while I slumber!

Kara

P.S. Lisa in case you're checking in. I promised!
Old 01-09-2008, 09:58 AM   #14  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

For some reason I am starving this morning. I had bfast and I 've had my snack and I am drinking my water but I am hungry. I'm beginning to wonder if TOM is on the way.

Stephanie good luck with your daughter. We all know this will be the first of many

Nothing like waiting til the last minute schmoodle they should not do you that way

Wow Kim you are a busy lady. I hope it runs smooth

Nite Nite Kara - enjou your run
Old 01-09-2008, 08:40 PM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hi!
Closed Thread