Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2002, 11:23 AM   #1  
Web Nana

Smile Steel Magnolias #161

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

I noticed that the last post ran over to a 2nd page so I thought I would start a new thread. Welcome all who want support or just friendship. That's what we are about!

This week has been another hectic one. The saga of my monitor problems may be coming to an end. Tuesday the monitor came back from CA after a week being repaired and a week on the road as they sent it back 'ground' not air. Fifteen minutes after it came I had it hooked up and turned on the computer. NOTHING, just a blank screen and the green flashing LCD. Of, course I called and finally spoke with a supervisor. I said more repair was unacceptable as I had only purchased it in Feb. I wanted a new one. Well, she said they would send me one that day and I could give the UPS delivery man the old one. This time it is coming 3 days-Orange. I have been tracking it and it is scheduled for delivery today. I will be here!!! Still have some apprehension as to what will happen when I hook it up but being a new one it should work.

MAGGIE Your 18 point day doesn't sound impossible. Just wondering how much salmon you use for 2 points. I love salmon.

JEAN Your rain reached here yesterday and last light we had a tremendous thunder storm. Today it is bright sun and blue skies but the Weatherbug let me know we are having a lot of strong winds. We won't have any Spring. I think we will just drop into Summer.

Only have a few minutes as DH is due back from his doctor appt. , just a check up. I have been shortening some slacks for him and I just took a break from the needle work.

Gloria in MA....back to my stitchery.
Old 05-03-2002, 01:50 PM   #2  
Thin Within

Talking

GOODMORNING MAGNOLIAS

Thank you so much GLORIA for starting us out this day. I didn't pay any attention to the number of posts when I ran us over to page 2. I have some alterations to do also. A blouse I bought a few months ago is a beautiful turquoise color and will be way too big if I don't fix it soon. The hem was sewed weird in one area and I took it out now to find matching thread. I get my salmon from Schwans who packages it in individual packages of 4 ounces each for 2 points. They also include a good sprinkle spice mix to put on it which I put in a little shaker bottle to use each time I pull one of the fillets out to have Cowboy grill. I get several cuts of meat from them mainly because of the high quality and because of the individual packaging. They give the nutritional information on the carton and it makes it easy to figure the points. Living in this RV, as we are doing, it makes it so much nicer to have things that go in the freezer already frozen. I certainly do think your new monitor will be fine. If not maybe you will consider shopping elsewhere.

Have a great OP Friday and drink that water Flowers.
Old 05-03-2002, 04:12 PM   #3  
Web Nana

GOOD AFTERNOON, AGAIN, MAGNOLIAS

Just had to stop in for a second to tell you that the monitor arrived at 1:30 and I have it installed and working and it is wonderful. They kept their word and it only took 3 days to get here. Now I will keep my fingers crossed that nothing happens to this one.

MAGGIE Thanks for the info on the Salmon. I don't get mine the same way you do but I can cut it up and freeze it in individual portions. I will have to remember that 4 OZ. equals 2 Points. I usually rewrap my meats and fish when I get home from shopping and date and note size, etc on the outside before I freeze what I am not going to use immediately. I try to package them in portion sizes. Not always successful but I try. Talking about food. It is time to check on what we will have for dinner tonight.

Have a great weekend Flowers

Gloria in MA....smiling at her new monitor.
Old 05-03-2002, 05:35 PM   #4  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
The sun is out and it is a beautiful day in the neighborhood although a tad cool. I am ready for the weekend to begin!

Gloria -- I'm glad your monitor arrived safely and that it is working . . . maybe the first one should have been painted "yellow!" I am sending the sunshine your way!

Maggie -- Shopping with the Schwans man is my favorite way to shop! We have quite a turnover in salesmen and I haven't had one call in a long time. Hmmmm, maybe I should call their 800#.

I need to wrap gifts for tomorrow's bridal shower, wedding reception (different couples!), and birthday party on Sunday. We had a 6 foot lighthouse, complete with light, made for Amanda so think I will just put a bow on that and call it good.

Have a nice weekend, Flowers!

Jean -- enjoying Iowa sunshine!
Old 05-05-2002, 01:55 PM   #5  

Hellooooooooo out there!
It looks like it is just "me, myself, and I" in the flower patch today! It was midnight when we got home last night so I didn't check in.

We are leaving for Amanda's birthday celebration, with her family, shortly. Hopefully, the rain will hold off until afterwards.

Hope you all are having a nice weekend! Maybe I will see you later!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 05-05-2002, 04:56 PM   #6  
Thin Within

Talking

HAPPY CINCO de MAYO MAGNOLIAS

JEAN have fun at the party. That lighthouse sounds awsome and I can imagine she will really like it. Does she collect lighthouses?

I am having a great OP day ~ how about you? Tacos for lunch. Love those things. I lighten them up considerably when I make them and they are still tasty.

Have a fun and safe Cinco de Mayo Flowers
Old 05-06-2002, 08:37 AM   #7  
Web Nana

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS
It was a very nice, busy weekend in my neck of the woods! We had our first of 3 in a row First Communion celebrations on Saturday. Kerri, the first DGD to receive First Communion looked like a mineature bride. The service was very interactive and all the children were made to feel very important. After pictures in the church gazebo her mother put on a lovely party at their home. Next week DGS Cam will have his turn at the same church and the following week DGS Kevin will be the last of the three. He is the one who lives about an hour away and his service is at 4PM while the others were at 11AM. Since we will be leaving for NC at 6AM the next day we will have the car mostly packed so we can have a nice time and still get home and get some rest before we take off.
Yesterday the weather was great and I decided to celebrate Cinco de Mayo with quesedelas. I tried to lighten them and think I succeded somewhat. It was a nice change for we seldom eat Mexican. Even had a very light Marguerita!

MAGGIE Thank you for your Cinco de Mayo greeting and the same back to you. This is your weigh in day and I send you good thoughts for a great success, again. No doubt in my mind that you will SUCCEED

JEAN Hope you had a delightful time at Amanda's birthday celebration. That lighthouse sounds wonderful. DD#3 is celebrating her 39th today. It doesn't seem fair that this is the last year I will have any child in the 30's. Next year they will all be in their 40's and do I feel old.

Gloria in MA.....since it is nice again I hope to get some yard work done. Lots of raking needed.
Old 05-06-2002, 05:51 PM   #8  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
The sun is out and it's 78 degrees . . . beautiful! Momma Cat had her kittens either Friday night or Saturday -- we didn't see her until Sunday morning and she is skinny!

Maggie -- Yes, Amanda collects lighthouses. For her birthday she got a pillow and matching "throw", a book, a small ceramic knick knack one, as well as our "big" one. We put it on the deck to surprise her and she was surprised! She has lots of lighthouse items already which makes it easy to shop for her. Her mom found some fabric with lighthouses and she is going to make her a maternity top. Good luck at WW tonight!

Gloria -- I have a "question of the day" . . . how come your GD and GS didn't do their First Communions on the same day? At least you are able to go to all three and that is special for the children. My MIL ALWAYS says that she is not old enough to have a child as old as my DH! I bet you are anxious to leave on your trip.

It's getting close to suppertime so guess I'd better get a move on. DH requested steak which needs to be thawed out a little before it hits the grill. Leftover tossed salad and that's it!

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 05-06-2002, 06:58 PM   #9  
Web Nana

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

Just stopped by to take a quick read and I must answer your question JEAN. The mothers decided that it would work out better if each child had his/her own day. Also, the inlaw problem was solved with individual parties. It makes for a lot of goings on but I guess it was wise. Congrats on the new kittens. Is that just what you needed, more animals? Amanda must have really loved that large lighthouse and wasn't that just the right place for it....on the deck.

I did get some yard work done but not as much as it needs. I did succeed in planting a beautiful rose bush that was given to me for my birthday. It is a Queen Elizabeth and is due to have pink flowers. I can hardly wait. I am not that great with plants but this sure looks healthy and I hope it survives.

Gloria in MA....going to watch 'Boston Public' on TV tonight right after 'This Old House'. The only two programs that I watch regularly. Have a great night.
Old 05-06-2002, 11:54 PM   #10  
Thin Within

Talking

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

The Iron Monster was kind again this night for he showed me down 1.6 which brings my grand total closer to goal. Thank you all for your confidence and well wishes for my success for it truly means a lot to me.

JEAN that maternity outfit will look real cute with those light houses. I made a light house sun catcher for a collector this last Christmas.

GLORIA All our children are still under 40 but creaping up there. Seems odd though doesn't it.

Have a geat night and wake up refreshed to the morrow.
Old 05-07-2002, 06:26 PM   #11  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It looks like it might rain and has cooled down considerably since yesterday. I wish the weather would just settle down! We are off to our class at church in a few minutes but I wanted to check in here first.

Gloria -- I understand about the inlaws and the outlaws! I guess I was thinking that the First Communion was a class, sort of like a confirmation class, I guess. (You can tell I am not Catholic and have no clue, right?) I have a farm home for the kittens if and when they start coming to my back door on their own and are tame enough to catch. I just can't understand why the mother cat won't let me pet her . . . you'd think after three winters and three batches of kittens, she would trust me. She is a whole lot more tame now than when she first arrived at my back door though. At least she will peek in and not run when she sees me. Guess she knows I am her meal ticket.

Maggie -- Again, a BIG CONGRATULATIONS on another fine loss!

Have a wonderful Wednesday! 8 more days to go . . . . . .

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 05-08-2002, 05:01 PM   #12  
Thin Within

Talking

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Looks like we are into an Indian Spring. Warm days and cool nights which suit me just fine. But we still need rain badly. All the reserved sites here are taken for Memorial Weekend so all that will be left are the first come first served ones. We have 27 of those but they fill up fast on Friday afternoon. Actually I consider them the best sites and knowing the place I would try to be here instead of reserving one.

It is 2 pm here and I have eaten all my alotted 24 points for the day. I have never done this before so this will be interesting since I won't allow myself to go over points today. I have the fixin's for no point veggie soup that will probably be my evening fare. I can do this, yes I will.

JEAN don't you ever wonder why Momma cat is so stand-offish...maybe the other cats have told her that you will have her fixed if you can catch her. I do wonder what cats say to each other. I know Turn understands when I talk to him because he complies. But does he hear the words or the tones. He sure knows "get" and "good boy" and "FOOD." And other things ~ but he understands somehow.

Have a great afternon ~ evening Flowers

Last edited by Maggie; 05-08-2002 at 05:11 PM.
Old 05-08-2002, 06:35 PM   #13  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It's kind of a dreary afternoon; the dark clouds are rolling around and it's windy out there. We had a half day of classes today and then an inservice where we went over district and building goals. It sure is hard to meet goals when the students won't cooperate! We did vote not to allow book bags in the classrooms next year. The students will have a fit but "oh well".

Maggie -- Momma Cat was here waiting for me when I got home from school. I guess her breakfast didn't last as long today. I leave dry food outside but she gets canned food ever since last year when she had her kittens. I increase her allotted amount when she has children to feed! I know the neighbor guy, who doesn't like animals, makes her nervous and she won't come if he is out. I wonder if he has done something to her or she can just sense that he would if he could. Enjoy your "pointless" supper! I am fixing a salad since I bought extra lettuce for last weekend.

Have a nice evening, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 05-09-2002, 12:07 PM   #14  
Thin Within

Talking

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Thursday is upon us and the weekend will be here soon. FOCUS ~ don't forget it and you will be fine. WOW I made it through last evening. I don't think I'll do that again, oh maybe I will but not too soon.

JEAN I sure hope that neighbor of yours didn't do anything to Mamma Cat. Lots of times those little critters can sense who doesn't like them and stay away. It is OK not to like animals but just don't harm or hurt them because you don't like them.

Have a great day folks. This is a 19 point one for me and I am going to do it.
Old 05-09-2002, 11:52 PM   #15  

Good Evening, Flowers!
I am just checking in before I head off to bed. It is supposed to get down into the 30s tonight and there is a frost warning out for the low areas. I thought this was supposed to be spring!

Maggie -- Momma Cat was here for both breakfast and supper today so she is doing ok. She comes and goes in the opposite direction from the nonanimal neighbor. She is a smart cat and a good momma. I would love to know how many kittens she is feeding. Her "buddy" Hank, came later this evening. He is a long haired white cat who is so grungy. He's been fighting and has big tuffs of fur gone around his neck.

I am off to bed. Have a fantastic Friday!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Closed Thread