Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-07-2008, 11:22 AM   #1  

Default Carb Queen book

I am reading this new book I just bought "Confessions of a Carb Queen". I just wanted to see if anyone else is reading (had read) it too. I hope I'm not infringing on anything by using the book title, I just wanted to see what other people think of it.
So far I am pretty impressed with author's honesty and candor. She is going where not many had ventured before, like sex at 400 lb and so on.
If there's already a thread about this, please re-direct me to it.
Thx
NinaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:44 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I haven't read it, but it sounds interesting!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 187/173/125

Height: 5'6"

I haven't read it, but the woman who wrote it was in "PEOPLE" magazine's first issue of the year. The one that included all the people who have lost weight and are maintaining. It had a few excerpts from the book, and I was amazed at how truthful and blunt she was. It was amazing to know we're not alone in this world!
leanmoomercows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:25 AM   #4  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

I love journey books, and I think that this book would be right up my alley! I'll check it out and get back to you on it.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:23 AM   #5  

I didn’t even know she was in People. I just picked it up off the shelf. In all honesty I might have heard about it before, but I wasn’t paying attention. When I started reading though, I just could not put it down.
It’s making laugh and cry. It is heart wrenching, depressing and inspiring all at the same time. I love journey books too, but too many of them leave a lot out. You can see the authors holding some things back, not that I blame them.
Well, let me tell you, this lady is not holding much back. She goes in to some uncharted territories. I could never be this honest and up-front. Obesity can be very isolating and having someone come out there with her heart on her sleeve like this is very refreshing.
Hope you guys get a chance to check it out. I'm sure most libraries would have it too if you don't want to spend the money.
NinaV is offline   Reply With Quote