South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 06:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday Twitterings

We're headed into the 60s today! I just hope Audrey is over her fever so we can get outside and enjoy it. She was seeming to perk up a bit last evening so I hope she just had a 24 hr thingy. If we're back on schedule, Maggie and I are supposed to meet up with some friends for a picnic at the park. That will be a refreshing break from being cooped up indoors all these weeks.
Supper tonight is going to be Shrimp Alfredo over spagetti squash, with a side of sauteed broccoli.
I'm off to Curves for now, but I'll check back later.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:21 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Wow! Is it spring already? We've been in the 40s the last couple days, which seems balmy compared with our stint in the below-freezing zone over the last few weeks.

Tom's explaining sarcasm to Connor and it's hilarious! I think he's old enough to "get it". He's been making up his own jokes recently. Most of them consist of something very silly like, "What do you get when you cross a squirrel with a tree? A squirrel tree!" He cracks himself up at least.

I'm trying to decide whether I'm going to get up at 5:15 for yoga tomorrow morning. It's such a good class, but that's sooooo early. We'll see.

Hope all is faring well for you chicks this morning!

Kara
Old 01-08-2008, 06:26 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Cottage and Kara!
It has warmed up a lot here too...should get in the 70's today. I hopefully will have time to get back out in the yard and continue cutting back all the wilted stuff in the yard from the freeze last week...yuk..it's all nasty and "wilty" and juicey...looks like the old lettuce in the back of the fridge.

I'm headed back to school today...sigh. I could use another couple of weeks off. I found a recipe for a slow cooker turkey breast that is supposed to be good and just put it on to start. VERY easy and will let you know if it turns out ok...it got good ratings on the site where I found it. You just put lipton onion soup all over the breast and under the skin, then put it on high for 1 hour and low for 7. I had a turkey breast in the freezer since Thanksgiving and it's time for that bird to go!

BTW, the cracked wheat salad...we learned something important...it definately has "laxative properties". Nuff said, but my husband has problems in that department and after having some for dinner day before yesterday and taking some to work for lunch yesterday, he became VERY familiar with the tiles in our bathroom yesterday afternoon. Didn't make him "sick" just cleaned the pipes to the max. So, if anyone is having problems, cracked wheat is akin to roto-rooter...in a good way. I know, TMI, but could be helpful to someone. He told me we have to have it at least once a week!!

Last edited by femmecreole; 01-08-2008 at 06:39 AM.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning to you, Kara and Cat. Cat, I made that turkey breast recipe, and it's wonderful! It smells fantastic cooking in the crockpot all day, too. You're going to love it! I served mine with smashed cauliflower and some other veggies.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:45 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Chickies! I'm finally wakening at a "decent" hour instead of after seven. So silly when I am retired! I just feel like a slug when I sleep past six a.m. - must be my farmer blood.

I'm off to town this morning to meet with my anaesthetist. I'm hoping he will go for an epidural rather than a general anaesthetic for the knee replacement. It's so much easier on the poor body.

Donna and I de-Christmassed yesterday and the house looks very bare. I may buy a cyclamen or azalea when I'm in town to dress it up. It's a really mild day again so a good time to buy posies.

Have a super Tuesday.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning Everyone! Good Night Kara!

Cottage enjoy your weather and picnic today. I hope Audrey is feelng better.

Kara Go to Yoga. It's early but you'll feel great and be glad you did.

Femme The turkey sounds yummy. Good luck for your first day back.

Ruth Good luck with the doctor. I hope he does what you want.

Me Yesterday I got our food warehouse 90% finished and our liquor room is still spotless so everyone gets to live to see another day Today I am finishing the warehouse and moving upstairs to our office. At the rate I'm going I should be done with every storage facility and the offices in about 2 weeks. It will feel good and for as sore as I woke up I wuld say I did some strength training yesteray. Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:48 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Thanks for the advice, Dawn! I'm going!

Ruth, good luck with the doc. Hope he sees things your way!

Cat, Tom thought your recipe sounded great! I'm sure the carnivores of our house will enjoy it!

I guess I'll hit the sack since Dawn is making me get up early for yoga. Have a nice day, all!

Kara
Old 01-08-2008, 08:10 AM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good Morning my fine feathered friends: Hope everyone is feeling fab today.

Cottage- I hope you get to go to the pinic in the park, that sounds lovely. We could have a pinic in the snow. It is very mild but still snowy.

Kara- Sleep tight. Enjoy your yoga class.

Cat- just wondering if you had posted the cracked wheat salad in recipie section.

Ruth- Good luck hope it goes your way.

Thin- Have a great day.

Me- Not to much.... a little bit of a headache today. Tomorrow will be day 7 and weigh in day. I have not decided if I am going to weigh in or not. I had a quick peek the other day and it was 4 pounds. So not what to do. Well hope you all have a great day.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:13 AM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey still trying to wake up! verbally communicating in Grunts and Grrs! Color me Captain Cavemaaaan
But I had to share I'm down 2 after Ph 1 W 1
woohooooo!
bbl when caffeinated!
Kierie
Old 01-08-2008, 08:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning Ladies! Storms are moving in, luckily they held off til I got to work, no drowned rat look for me today!

Cottage Hope Audrey is feeling better, a picnic in the park sounds like a great way to enjoy this crazy weather!

Kara Have a good sleep and hope you make it to your yoga class.

Cat They turkey sounds wonderful. Have a great first day back at school.

Ruth I know what you mean about the house looking bare, hope you find something beautiful to add some cheer.

Dawn You rock on the cleaning!

LC & KO Glad to hear P1 is going well for both of you, keep up the good work.

Me Well the new employee never showed yesterday, nor did she bother to respond to the voice mail, text message or e-mail I left/sent. What is it with people these days? I would worry about her but saw she had time to log on to her myspace account yesterday so that tells me she isn't suffering some major life crisis!

Day 3 of P1 for me, suffered a bit of a headache lastnight but it seems to be gone this morning, lets hope it stays away!

Hello to all the new chicks, really looking forward to getting to know everyone! Have a great day all, I'll check back later!
Old 01-08-2008, 09:37 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Morning chicks, it is very balmy here, almost like spring. I might be able to hand out a wash today! One week of Ph1 down, attacking week 2!
cottage, a picnic at the park is a splendid idea! I'll have to see if we can fit in a trip to the park after school.
kara, I have a tendency towards sarcasm. When DS was younger, and trying to figure things out, if I said something snarky, he would check with me, "that's sarcastic, right?" It actually helped me curb the sarcasm a bit. But now his skills are pretty well developed too!
Cat, thanks for the info. That's good stuff to know, sometimes. Doesn't the soup mix have sugar in it?
Good morning Ruth, hope you find a pretty flower!
Dawn, when you are done, please come and do my house!
Feel better LC!
Happy Tuesday Kierie!
Stephanie, I guess she changed her mind! What a pain for you.

I really shouldn't be here chicks, but I couldn't start my day without checking in, this is like an addiction. Plus, you guys will keep me sane this week, right? I'm so overwhelmed right now. Kids activities start up this week. My customers are back in the office and want to hit the ground running, DD goes back to school next week, and I'm making lists of everything that needs attention in the next two weeks before DH leaves for Diego Garcia. Gah! I am ready for Spring already.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:57 AM   #12  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies sorry no personals right now as I'm still a bit in shock/frustrated as I was on my way to work & was stoped in traffic when someone slamed in the back of me and then was driving off and hit the side of me and left the scene. UHH some people. Once I calm down I will come back and check in for personals.

Hope you have a great day
Old 01-08-2008, 10:02 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Aunt Flow is being a real PITA this morning and as soon as I'm done with this print job, I'm outta here. They can stuff envelopes without me!

I'm hoping to be out of here by noon, so I'll be sure and come back to post again later. Have a great day!
Old 01-08-2008, 10:50 AM   #14  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Schmoodle, no sugar (0.3g)...but it IS loaded with sodium.

Chick, no real recipe for the cracked wheat salad. You cover the wheat with water and let it soak for about 2 hours and it swells up, then squeeze all the water out of it real well...then add whatever you want. I added a vinegarette dressing, olives,green onions, tomatos, bell pepper, celery and a little feta on top when I served it. It really tastes better the second day after it "melds" a bit.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:27 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey Chickas!

Just checking in. Glad to see everyone is doing well with their Ph 1 restarts. My computer broke and I had no internet access for what seems like forever. Go Figure! My computer is less than 6 months old and a top of the line gaming rig and it broke. I guess the more you add to your computer the more things that can go wrong with it. I managed not to gain any weight while I was gone but haven't lost any either. My enabler DH was back for the holidays so of course I went way off plan. He's gone again though so staying OP is easy again. Boy do I miss him!
Any who! I hope everyone has a great day. The weather seems to have warmed up a little everywhere. Hope everyone can take advantage of it.
Pohai
Closed Thread