Old 01-07-2008, 07:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/192/150

Height: 5' 7"

Default Woot!!!

I didn't know this site, much less this support forum existed. I've been trying to be successful on WW for 5 years and just got so frustrated before the holidays that I quit. Of course, being 49 yo and doing that right before the holidays insured that I gained 7 more pounds instantly (not really, that took ALOT of caloric intake of course). Anyhooooo..........
I decided to do Atkins, but trying to keep it as low fat as I could. I'm going to do this for 5 months or until I hit goal of 140 or so pounds.....
I'm going to try and just stay on the induction phase as I have over 50 lbs. to lose. The "plan" will be to throw out all the "fat" clothes so I don't gain the weight back.
So far, so good.
I may not post alot or often, but I will be here......
lurking.........
sucking all of the good tips/ideas/support I can
I'm going to be "fabulous" by 50!!!
way2fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:58 PM   #2  

What does woot mean?

Good luck. Low carb is it!
JerseyGirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/192/150

Height: 5' 7"

actually, i spelled it incorrectly, it's really
w00t
See also wOOt, w00t and WOOT

originated from computer hackers, i believe

1) An interjection similar to "YAYE!" or "Woohoo!" used to express joy or excitement, usually about some kind of accomplishment. Primarily used by gamers, spreading rapidly to anyone who chats online

Gaming origins: We Owned the Other Team
or Wonderful Loot (Everquest gaming slang)

2) To express agreement

3) As an acronym, can mean Waste of Our Time or Way Out of Topic (online forums) Less common.

1)woot! I got an A on this test.

2)Robyn: Eric is such a tool. Let's put packing peanuts in his desk.
Stefanie: woot!
way2fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:00 AM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Way2fluffy!!

You've come to a great place for advice, support & encouragement!

I read your post saying you had spent a lot of time on WW and you've decided to give Atkins a try Have you read Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution? If not, you really need to if you want to do Atkins correctly.

You will immediately notice Atkins is a much different program than WW. There are MANY misconceptions regarding the Atkins lifestyle, which is exactly why reading the book is crucial. One of the popular myths is that Atkins is a high protein diet. This is incorrect. Atkins is a moderate protein program. Most of your calories on Atkins come from fat, especially in the early stages (Induction). Another misconception is that Atkins doesn't allow you to eat vegetables & fruit's. Incorrect again! Atkins most definitely does include vegetables (from the Induction phase of Atkins, you should be getting 12-15 of your 20 carbs from veggies & salad) and berries & cantaloupe are added in the OWL (On Going Weightloss) phase of Atkins. I think the BIGGEST misconception of Atkins is "Eating all that fat is unhealthy". Quite frankly, this statement is caused purely by ignorance. READ THE BOOK, truly understand this way of eating, if you are still confused, read Gary Taubes book Good Calories Bad Calories...that should definitely clarify any questions you may have. Dr. Atkins stated in the book trying to do a low fat version of Atkins may interfere with fat burning & may derail your weight loss. People also believe occasional cheats are OK. Talk to anyone who has done this and restarted, they will tell you getting back on track each time is much more difficult than the last. That "little taste won't hurt" mentality more often than not causes a downward spiral of months of bad eating & considerable weight gain. As Dr. Atkins himself said, it is "the kiss of death". This is a LIFETIME way of eating...do it for YOU!!!

When you follow Atkins the way it was written, it works! I am living proof! But, it requires commitment, determination & consistency. "If You Did What You Always Did, You'll Get What You Always Got!" In a nutshell, successful & permanant weightloss requires changing your eating habits for the rest of your life. You CAN do it!!!

All the best to you!!!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 01-08-2008 at 11:07 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote