Old 01-04-2008, 12:19 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #192 Bale of Turtles Facing the New Year!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com.
We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:22 PM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I opened this new thread since we had gotten long. It sounds like we're all doing great.
This morning I took some time to plan dinner meals for the next two weeks.
My dh and I like very different things and often he'll take care of his own dinner, but I think I've come up with a menu that will work for both of us.
Yay!

Hey Bandit, you're doing great! Have you tried Impossible Veggie Pie? It's a classic WW standby that is easy and I think tasty. I've got a lot of soups planned for the next two weeks and if you'd like a recipe I've got red beans and rice and broccoli soup for starters. Also, I'm trying a new recipe for curried chicken and veggies made in a crockpot. I'll let you know if I like it or not.

Everybody take care and be happy. I know we can do this!
Judy
Old 01-06-2008, 09:03 AM   #3  

Hi Turtles,
I think i have been doing good the last week. I think i had one off point day the whole time and i have been doing exercise every morning so far.
Judy - I hope the two week menu for dinner works for both you and Dh. That would be great and i am sure would make things easier.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:55 PM   #4  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Just marking the page. I'll be back to post later. I have to go run an errand. TTFN
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi Judy - I tried doing a search for the recipe but nothing came up.
Maybe you could post it for us when you get a chance or if it is on this site, where should I be looking?

Well, we now have a warm spell which means lots of rain & fog. But all the ice is now gone, but we still have lots of snow which is great for the skiiers.

I didn't have a great weekend foodwise, had some potatoe chips (which is my biggest downfall) when I went to bingo with mom (we didn't win), but did make a nice stew and ham which I had for dinner last night & tonight. Ate lots of fruit today and dranks lots of water - so off to good start for this week.

Cherry - sounds like you are doing great, keep up the good work.

And hope all the rest of you turtles are behaving!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:11 AM   #6  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Cherry Autumn, You're doing great! Keep up the good work and you'll get a feeling of accomplishment and a : !

Bandit, You're doing great--I love potato chips too. I have another high fat/high caloric food that I love to combine the chips with--but to stop anyone from bingeing, I'll refrain from mentioning it! LOL It sounds like you're doing great and hooray for cooking and keeping things under control!

here's the recipe for the Impossible Vegetable Pie:

1 box frozen chopped broccoli (or any frozen veggie)thawed, but not cooked
1/3c. chopped onion
1/3 cup chopped bell pepper (red or green)
1 cup. shredded cheddar cheese lowfat
1/2cup low fat Bisquick baking mix
1 cup ff milk
1/2t. salt
1/4t. pepper
1 egg and 1 egg white

Preheat oven to 400. Spray 9-inch pie plate with nonstick spray. Stir together thawed veggie, inion, bell pepper and cheese and pour into pie plate. stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over vegetables in pie plate. Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes
Serves 6 for 2points a serving.

(This freezes fairly well. I put individual servings into sandwich bags, then put all the bags into a Ziploc Freezer storage bag. I like this as a light lunch with a cup of soup. I even eat it as a snack if I'm really hungry. Hope you like it!)

I'm doing well. It looks like the extra weight is coming off. If I can get on the today and watch what I eat, I'm looking forward to a :
Wish me well! I've gotten on the several times this week, plus taking down Christmas decorations and cleaning house got me busy and burning calories.

Good luck and to us all. Princess, how are you doing? How are you feeling? INVU and NEWYEARNEWME and Chrily--how are you guys?
Judy
Old 01-08-2008, 10:27 AM   #7  

Judy - thanks for the recipe, sounds very good & easy. Will be great for any meal.

Princess - hope you aren't in too much pain.

Everyone else - have a good day!
Old 01-08-2008, 11:48 PM   #8  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hi all, looks like everyone is doing well. I didn't do well eating today but managed to do a Leslie Sansone workout with my sister. Not feeling very energetic. I have a nasty little RA flare in my hands and they are swollen and not working so hot. I can't grip anything with my right hand. Ah...that's the life huh?

Princess-How is your back doing? Hopefully you'll be back in action soon. Back pain is miserable, esp. in your situation. Saying prayers for a speedy recovery.

Judy-Man, you've been a busy woman! It took me two days to get my Christmas deco down. Today I didn't get much done at all. My sister went back to work and so today was my first day babysitting my little nephew, Logan. He's two months old and it seems like he is constantly hungry. I love him to death but blessing God that I don't have to get up in the middle of the night to feed a baby. I'm really loving my older children now--okay, not that old yet. Nicole is only 5, Kayla is 8 now, and then I have my little teenager, Tiana (14 yrs old).

Bandit-Hey! How are things with you?

Cherry-You're doing great from what I can see. Keep up the awesome work!

Off to soak in the tub and read my book. Everyone is in bed and now its my quiet time. Night ladies....

Christina
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:31 AM   #9  

Chrily - I just thought it was funny that with a 2.5 and a 7 month old that i have to schedule a nice soak in the tub. I tell my husband i have to have a break tonight will you watch the kids while i soak. He is always helpful and supportive though.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:41 AM   #10  

Hi ladies

Christina - things are good up here. Really windy today, but no snow.

Judy - I am going to make your recipe tonight since my gf comes for dinner usually on Wed nights. We like to try new things, so this is a good time to make it. I have some leftover ham we will have along with it. Sounds good to me.

Cherry - hope you get the break you deserve!

I have stayed OP so far this week. And am walking 20 min before my lunch, so hope that helps.

Have a good one!
Old 01-09-2008, 12:34 PM   #11  
Chick

Chrily and Cherry and Bandit,
Weigh to go, girls! We're all making efforts, realizing we don't have to be perfect but just keep on keepin' on in the Turtle tradition.

I lost a good amount of weight this week. I lost 2.2#. Of course I was disappointed because I wanted to knock off all the Christmas weight and then I realized how foolish that was. 2.2# off is a reason to jump up and down and rejoice!!!! So, this week coming up I'll exercise again aiming for 5x on the treadmill and eat WW friendly foods and see the rest of the weight come off. Then my plan is to lose a pound a week every week and work hard to do that. Yay!

Bandit, I hope you like the impossible veggie pie. I like it because it's points friendly, and can be made in as many varieties as there are veggies. I think it sounds like a lot of fun to have dinner with your friend once a week.

Okay==signing off here. Have lots to do. Our winter weather is taking a break and we're in the high 50's right now. Yay!
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/218.8/thinner into onederland
Old 01-10-2008, 09:33 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all,

Well I have my third round of spinal injections this afternoon... ugh! I am really hoping and praying that this does the trick!

My eating has just not been good, I start off the day fine but as it goes on I find myself eating things that I just should not be... I have to get a grip on it soon as the scale is going up fast.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Judy, thanks so much for the recipe that you posted, I have it printed out and will be trying it this weekend I think. It looks easy enough that I should be able to throw it together and get it in the oven pretty quickly... that is the name of the game as it takes me 24-48 hours to recover from the procedure that I have today. Thanks again.

Have a great weekend ladies!
Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:06 AM   #13  
Chick

Oh Princess,
I'm sending you lots of healing : because you are dealing with your pain and your situation really well. Please know that I'm here supporting you and praying for you. Our group is sending you our and are hopeful that the treatment you just received will get you better.
Judy
234.6/218.8/thinner into onederland
Old 01-10-2008, 10:52 AM   #14  

Good morning, turtles:

Judy - that receipe was sooooooo good & really easy. We bothed loved it & I brought some for my lunch today, so looking forward to that. Nice recipe to change up with just different veggies - thanks!
And good for you on that loss - fabulous, keep it going.

Princess - good luck with your treatment today. Terrible you are in such pain and going through all the aftermath as well. Hoping this will fix you up.
It is hard to focus on food when you can't really concentrate on it. You will get back on track when you are better able to deal with it. Take care.

Everyone else, have a great day!
Old 01-10-2008, 01:54 PM   #15  
Chick

Bandit,
I am so glad you liked the Impossible Veggie Pie. I honestly think it's like a very light quiche and I do like it. I made it with broccoli as the main veggie this week, but I've done it with peas and carrots or mixed veggies--pretty much anything frozen that's easy and appeals to me at the time.

Princess, I hope you will be able to make the pie this weekend. It is easy to make. Pretty much a little chopping and thawing and mixing and then time to bake and you're done. What I like about it is that it is so low cal that I can eat one half of the "pie", get full, and still have only used up about 6 points.
As a matter of fact, I like it enough that I have to freeze the leftovers because it's easy to go back for a sliver and then a sliver, and you know that adds up pretty quick.

Princess, of course I'm with Bandit on your feelings right now. I'm glad you posted and it's easy to eat when you're in pain with nothing much to do but eat. I'm sending even more : and to help you get through this.
Judy