Old 01-06-2008, 07:13 PM   #1  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default Accountability/Menus/Planning 1/7 - 1/13

Hope no one minds that I started this week's thread. I was wandering around the site trying to find somewhere to post my plan/menu for tomorrow, and I noticed there was a thread here for this past week, so I figured one would eventually be started for this coming week. I wanted to post before I lost interest or got busy with something else, so here I am!

Anyway, I'm focusing solely on food right now and will add structured exercise/activity in later. My goal right now is just to stay at about 2000 calories average per day for the week (and to keep drinking at least 8 servings of water/day, but that's already pretty much a habit). Here's my plan for Monday:
  • smoothie (small frozen banana, 1 T natural peanut butter, skim milk, vanilla extract, squirt of whipped cream) - 322
  • turkey sausage w/honey mustard - 234
  • pbj sandwich - 245
  • small apple - 55
  • Lean Cuisine: chicken and veggies with peanut sauce over whole wheat pasta - 280
  • 2 Healthy Ones franks w/sweet relish - 180
  • leftover homemade lasagna - 280
  • Breyer's all natural strawberry ice cream - 240
That seems like a LOT of food, but it only comes to 1836 calories. It's also 94 grams of protein. When I have been very successful at losing in the past, 100g protein per day was a goal of mine, so I'm heading in the right direction.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Hi Jillybean! Yep, someone starts these on Monday, so you are not too far in advance. i think the other one is lost now anyway...all these new posts popping up, hard to keep anything on top

I weigh in tomorrow and looks like I'll be down 1 for the week...unless another one wants to join in and I won't complain I am happy to say I've had 3 perfect days straight now...and tomorrow I hope to add in number 4!
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:15 AM   #3  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

So, get this. Yesterday the scale said 277. Today it said 274.5. I could hardly believe it so I stepped on it a few times and it was consistent. Food hasn't been entirely great -- there was some birthday cake and ice cream after church today and I had some, but I did play DDR for like 45 minutes with a friend and got a pretty good workout in actually -- by the time we were done I was soaked in sweat and had to take a shower.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:44 AM   #4  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakel View Post
So, get this. Yesterday the scale said 277. Today it said 274.5.
Scales suck that way--very inconsistent due to normal body fluctuations, water intake/retention, etc. That's why a lot of people only weigh once a week or so instead of every day. If you were that sweaty after your DDR game, I'd be inclined to think part of it was water. Not trying at all to discourage you or discount your loss--just don't get too upset if it goes back up a little in the next few days, even if you eat completely on plan
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:50 AM   #5  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I feel much better today. I chose not to exercise yesterday either--my knee was still pretty sore, so I decided to rest and ice rather than push it. Hopefully that was the right decision. Today I am going back to the gym--the plan is arms/shoulder weight workout and some cardio. If my knee feels ok, I'll do some more cardio or yoga when I get home too.

Yesterday I tried this new recipe--from Ellie Krieger on Food Network--one of my 'hobbies'...watching Food Network for ideas! It was SO good. Even hubby really liked it! It was with shrimp and tomatoes, garlic, yum!

Today I should get more info about the work drama, I am interested, but not, if that makes any sense. Like I said--I hope it works into something + for me! That probably sounds bad, but I am kind of sick of working so hard to 'help' all the time and then getting stuck picking up the pieces when things fall apart! It's not that I don't get recognized, because I do, it's just SO much work. Ok, enough whining!!!

Jillybean--thanks for getting us started!

Purplefirefly--CONGRATS on 3 days in a row! I know you can do 4! (and 5 and 6....)

Nicole--Good luck at work today, not that you'll need it, of course!

Rake--WOW!

And.......official weigh in day.......I am down 2 lbs!!!! I am SO excited!!!!!!!

Ok, I need to go change my ticker!

Hi to everyone else! Check in please. Let us know how you are doing!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi folks - Jill - SO GLAD you started the post. I look for it everyday!

I had a good day yesterday. My food went well and everything fell into place. (I wish all days were like yesterday.) Had a great storyteller's meeting and lead a good workshop that people liked. I have one more week with no jobs - I can continue to baby my back and hope it heals before I have to get back into the swing of things.

water, water, water,
journal food and feelings
stretches
ice and heat
phone calls, emails and letters for work
PMA - positive mental attitude

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, peanut butter toast, applesauce
snack - carrots
lunch - turkey pastrami and lite cheese openface sandwich on whole wheat, veggies and dip
snack - yogurt and flax
dinner - 12 grain pancakes, sugar free syrup, turkey sausage
snack - cherrios, banana, milk

Jill - your plan looks good! Yes, sometimes it's good to concentrate on one thing and add in more as time goes on.

Rakel - so wonderful that the scale went down. It's great - even if it's partially water weight, down is down and that's GREAT.

Purple - down a pound is so, so awesome. I am glad you've been on plan for a few days. I think once we do that...we can build on. YIPPEE! Good for you.

Mj5 - Glad your knee is feeling a bit better. Yes, I love the food network too. I get many ideas from it. I like to try new recipes - did one last night and DH liked it. Yay.

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthful day!

Beverly

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-07-2008 at 07:50 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:12 AM   #7  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, 3FC Friends.

Jill - Thanks for getting us started this week. Sounds like you have a great plan for the week. Can't wait to hear of your weight losses.
Purple - Congratulations on making it through 3 perfect on-plan days and congratulations on losing a pound!
Rakel - Congratulations on your 2 1/2 pound loss!
MJ - Congratulations on losing 2 pounds!
Beverly - Glad everything fell into place for you yesterday. Hope today goes just as well.

Today is day 4 on-plan for me and its weigh-in day. I lost .8 of a pound. Not a stellar loss, but a great beginning...especially because I was showing a 3 pound gain on Thursday from all of my overeating. I have planned most of my menu for the day. Hubby still hasn't decided what's for dinner, so my evening snack will depend on dinner's calorie count. I have decided to track my calories in addition to following Southbeach. I'm starting off with 1700 per day. I'm also getting back on the treadmill today for 30 minutes with no incline. I'm hoping the knees don't start hurting again. I found some templates on our home computer that I'm going to use. One is for tracking my calories (I have no patience for fitday,etc) and one will be for tracking my exercise. I also track my weight loss on a graph. I love to see the line moving downward! So, I'm all organized and ready to keep going.

MJ, my Dad just told me recently that he had problems with his knees two years ago. He used to be a runner and now speed walks four times a week for 4 miles. He started taking Osteo Bi-flex and, within 6 weeks, his knees stopped hurting. He said he's had no problems since. I've started taking it, so I'll let you know if it helps any. Incidentally, my brother, who used to run, has started having knee problems. And, I used to run. Sounds like a trend here, huh?

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day. Please don't forget to post your weight losses on the weigh-in thread. This really helps motivate all of us.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 01-07-2008 at 08:51 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:32 AM   #8  

We had our coldest days of the winter last week...and now we are jumping back into the 70s for a couple days this has been the strangest weather year...but I am taking advantage and will be out at the track walking this morning...first chance out with my MP3 player

Sebas--I have been thinking about starting the C25K program, but what you describe is why I have hesitated. I thinking running heavy would make it even more likely to wear the knees down. Good job letting go of those extra pounds...you'll be down a couple next week if you keep going!

Rakel--Yay on a couple pounds gone now see how wonderful that feels and keep going!

Beverly--YOu did it yesterday, you can do it again today.

I am determined to make this day 5 of being completely on plan...so need to go figure my calories for the week and head to the track.

Last edited by Purplefirefly; 01-07-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone!

Yesterday I stayed completely "on plan" too and it felt great. What did not feel good was a 2 lb weight gain this morning. I am not a happy camper! Although I suspect TOM is on it's way, I'm not sure as I've never kept track, but I will start to.

So today's plan:

breakfast: oatmeal, tea, water
snack: 2 apples
lunch: salad & 100 grams of weighed beef
snack: hummus and ryvita & carrots
dinner: chicken & veggies (probably green beans & tomatoes)

No snacking tonight after dinner!

Hope you guys all have a great day! congrats to everyone who LOST - I get so excited reading about your progress.

Tomorrow I am getting on that scale and it's going to move down.!!!!!
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:11 AM   #10  

Ginger I heard Jillian Michaels say this to someone else on her radio program yesterday: "Don't freak out when you stay the same or even gain a pound or two, because that is going to happen. Just be happy that you are on the right track." She said even if you are completely on plan you can still gain a pound or two, but it is not a big deal, just part of the process. It gave me some comfort as I am the queen of losing just 1 lb. a week no matter how hard I try for more.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:25 AM   #11  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Purplefirefly! Thanks so much for those words of wisdom. I have posted in the accountability thread, and I have every intention of staying on track again today. In the past, I would have just given up, but not this time. I know the foods I am eating are better, so there is no reason why I should continue to gain.

Thanks again for the encouragement!!!

Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:13 PM   #12  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Morning everyone!

First weigh in of the year and I'm exactly the same. I'm not that worried about that - my muscles are quite sore so I know I'm retaining a lot of water. Eating wise, I haven't been perfect, but I haven't been that bad either.

I'm pleased yesterday's over. You know how it is when you go into something and know it's going to be a nightmare but you've still got to do it. Yeah, that was yesterday. Never less than 50 calls waiting all day and if one more person said something like: "Wow, you're busy today" or "I don't have the time to wait this long", I would not have been responsible for my actions! Still, it's over with now. Today will be better.

Didn't get to the gym yesterday, but I will today.

Jill, your diet's looking good. Great start!

Purple, good luck with day 5!

Rakel, down is down! Don't question it, just go with it!

MJ, good luck with the work situation! Hopefully things will pan out for you!

Beverly, awesome stuff!

Rhonda, a loss is a loss! Keep it up!

Ginger, it sounds like it could be water weight and gone before you know it!

Enjoy your day, everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:21 PM   #13  

OMG I just went to the grocery store and spent $35, and this is what I got for that:

2-National Hebrew Reduced Fat Sausage
1-Oscar Meyer Chicken Strips
2-South Beach Pizzas
1-South Beach Chicken Monterey Wraps
1-South Beach Chicken Salad kit
1-South Beach 100 calorie snack bars
1-Cherry Tomatoes, fresh
1-bag shredded lettuce
1-Large Eggland's Best Eggs
1-Hormel Natural Choice Chicken Breast strips
2-Healthy Ones Smoked Sausage
1-Breyer's Light Yogurt (it was free)
1-Arnold's 100% whole grain bread
Bag pretzels and cookes (daughter's snack day at school Thursday)
Welch's Jelly
Breakfast cookies from bakery
Cream cheese roll (it was a buck and I had a moment of weakness

All for $35! I could not believe it! We normally don't eat all the frozen and cold things, like the South Beach pizzas and salads, etc. but I got them practically FREE, so figured let's give them a try. I will report on the new products thread as I get through them this week...they do look yummy though, and lunch time is almost here. I've been craving pizza, so I think I'll pop one of those in and see if it fixes that problem
Old 01-07-2008, 01:25 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissingginger View Post
Purplefirefly! Thanks so much for those words of wisdom. I have posted in the accountability thread, and I have every intention of staying on track again today. In the past, I would have just given up, but not this time. I know the foods I am eating are better, so there is no reason why I should continue to gain.

Thanks again for the encouragement!!!

Ginger
I can't copy her tone of course typing, but when she said that, she it had the context that gaining a pound or staying the same is a natural part of it, and doesn't have to mean you are doing anything wrong. Just keep going, do your best...but also be honest if there is something maybe you are slacking on ya know? But if you know you are healthier and giving it your all then keep on going. I have a lot of weeks I lose nothing, then others that I put so much into it and only lose 1 pound...it can just be slower for some of us I guess
Old 01-07-2008, 02:15 PM   #15  
Face down in Cabo!

S/C/G: WOE - Atkins

Height: 5'10

Here's my goal for the week

Water - 64 oz a day
Carbs - 10 a day
Exercise - 20 a day
CT Cabo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote