Old 01-07-2008, 01:35 AM   #1  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Default Does your ticker lie?

Weightloss tickers are a fun way to track progress, but when set backs happen and weight crawls back up in digits do you change your ticker to accurately reflect your progress? I got down to 193, but after i lost self control and my gained 12lbs. My ticker didn't budge however, and every time I saw it I felt a little guilty for lying, but I kept saying: "That's okay, it's just a number, and at one point I REALLY did lose that much weight and gaining weight can't change the fact that at one point I lost {insert number} of pounds." Some ppl leave their low weight on the ticker for motivation and others don't want to face the set back. How about you?
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:12 AM   #2  
BLUE team

S/C/G: 238/ticker/138

Height: 5'7''

If my weight goes up a pound or two as a result of normal fluctuation I don't change my ticker. BUT if the gain is the result of some bad choices I always change it, partially to admit I screwed up and partially because I know I will go back down and I find it quite fun to move it down . Overall, my ticker doesn't LIE, per se, but it is not always exactly accurate either if the weight change is just minor.
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

a pound or two up and I'll leave it, if I'm up by 5 or more then I move the ticker. Though you can be sure I'll move it down no matter how smalll the loss!
pinupqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:11 AM   #4  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Mine is two pounds lower than what the scale has been showing th past few days, but I usually change it to reflect a real loss or gain. Like when I came back from the holidays LOL. Had to move it up from 182 to 190...It hurt, but I needed to do it for me.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:48 AM   #5  
beautiful on the inside:P

S/C/G: 119 (262) /107 (235) /60 (132)

Height: 5'6''

If I "officially" weigh myself, I change the ticker (whether up or down). That's my deal with myself. That way, it keeps me from hopping on the scale too much. I kind of want to wean myself away from depending on the scale. I find that if I start to think too much about the numbers, weirdly, I start to sabotage myself.
kasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

So far..it's telling the truth. If I have a big gain (haven't since coming here, thankfully) - I don't know what I"d do - truth to tell.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:37 AM   #7  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

My ticker gets moved on Mondays when I weigh-in. If I gain, then my penalty is to move my ticker. If I lose, my reward is to move my ticker.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:05 AM   #8  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

I have only ever once gain one pound during my weight loss journey. I must confess that on that occassion I did not move the ticker in the opposite direction. Although for one week I did feel guilty that the weigh I actually was was not that on the ticker it was a great motivator for me.
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:17 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I weigh in every Monday, and change the ticker to whatever the scale says. So far I haven't had to turn it back yet, but I'm sure one day I might. I don't worry about every day fluctuations, that is normal, it's the weely weigh in that I go by.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:21 AM   #10  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

I round up to the nearest whole #, and that's what goes on my ticker. I have not moved it up so far, even though there has been fluctuation. I started at 180, then a few days later was 184 and a few days later was 180, so that is when I decided I was going to go with the lowest amount. If it is just a fluctuation of a few lbs, I will not change it.
I show my lowest weight in my profile.

Having said that- If a lb or two stays on for a week or more, then I WILL move it up.
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:51 AM   #11  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I'll be honest with my ticker. If I am not honest with my ticker, I can't be honest with myself about weight loss.
Ignoring the little gains is how my weight crept up bit by bit.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:56 AM   #12  

If it's a planned weight in I change it, if I'm just being nosy in the middle of the week I leave it alone.
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:18 AM   #13  
Vegetarian Cal Counting

S/C/G: 269/Ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I'm with kimmieone. I record my weight twice a week, monday and friday. I change my ticker no matter if it's up or down. But I have a habit of jumping on the scale every morning though I don't change the ticker unless it's my "official" weigh in day.
Switzie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:50 AM   #14  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

I weigh everyday and my weight changes from day to day. It's not unusual to see a 5 lb difference from day to day. I don't bother changing it. I really only record my lows. The only time I recorded a higher weight was when I returned from vacation. I waited two weeks for the scale to stabilize, but apparently it was a true gain, so I changed the ticker and moved on. I'm still 4 lbs over my ticker from Christmas. I'm waiting until next weekend to change it, if my weight doesn't come back down.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:54 AM   #15  
low carbin' it

S/C/G: ~256/153.5/154

Height: 5'6

Now, that I am down to almost my goal weight, my weight loss is showing up only during a couple of points during the month and I am always my lightest right before my period. I know it's all the pattern in which my body is retaining water. When I came back from the holidays it showed a 5 pound gain. Well, it's 3 days later and now the scale is only showing 2 pound gain. I know I am losing water by the amount of times I have to go to the bathroom. I am also like at least 10 days before my period so I have time still. I won't change the ticker till my lightest weigh in before my period. That is what I call my official weight, once that time of the month starts then it's all water retention.

I live in fear of gaining the weight back and wouldn't know how to react if I started seeing the scale climb up and up, my ticker would probably be the least of my worries.
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote