South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 06:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday Chick Chat

Good Monday morning! The week ahead is looking long after the past couple of short weeks, but let's try to make the most of it. I'm going to try to go to Curves this morning, we'll see if my ankle can take it yet. After breaking it for the 4th time, I'm really babying it this time!

Today is Day 6 for me on Phase 1, and I'm feeling better than I've felt in a long time. It sure makes me wonder why I ever let myself fall off the wagon.

Come sit and chat a bit before starting the day, I'll be back shortly!
Old 01-07-2008, 06:47 AM   #2  

Default Be carf

Morning Cottage! Be careful with your ankle today. I bet you do feel marvelous being back on track.

Just a quick post here as I need to get ready. I know that I tend to disappear once school gets busy, but I really want to post daily. It helps me tremendously!! I have all of my meals and snacks planned for the day. I WILL stick to it and get through a day of clean eating.

Have an awesome Monday gals!

Last edited by Kiko; 01-07-2008 at 06:47 AM.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:53 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Cottage, et al!
Hope your ankle behaves at Curves!

Today is the last day of my "vacation" (although I have worked the entire holiday!) But, it was nice not to have to go to school as I've gotten a lot of work done here at the computer and around the house. I keep running back and forth between the computer and paint brushes and grout.

I made something interesting yesterday that I've never had before. A cracked wheat salad. Didn't know how everyone would like it, but they did. I also learned that cracked wheat swells up like crazy and makes a ton. Some friends came over last night so the husband could put up a new ceiling fan for us and I sent them home with a huge container of the stuff. I also made some of Paula Deen's magical peanut butter cookies (the healthy ones) and they were pretty good. Just have to hide them from myself so I can portion them out.

Today looks like more of the same. Trying to finish up some work so I can hit the paint can again.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:56 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Morning, Linda! Have fun at Curves!

Hope the kiddies aren't too crazy for you today, Kiko! The first day (or two or three...) back are always nutso!

Thanks for the recipe link, Cat! I love peanut butter! Last time I made peanut butter cookies, I had to freeze them so I wouldn't eat the whole batch!!!

We had a nice day. Kadyn's feeling better - yay! She ate a TON today and wasn't as withdrawn as she's been over the past couple days. The kids are about to head to bed and then Tom and I have some money-moving to do - transferring savings into mutual funds and money markets, etc. I'm pretty good at multi-tasking but money stuffs need to be handled with full concentration!

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 01-07-2008 at 06:57 AM.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:57 AM   #5  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Happy OP Monay chickadees!!

Cottage have a great workout and do be asy with that ankle as you don't want to injure it more. I totally agree with you on the phase 1 thing I feel awesome!

Kiko Yes checking in on daily basis is a big help. Have a great day!

Today for me is work. I've got a lunchtime workout session scheduled and then theres my brothers bday dinner after work and then my 8 week workout late thi evening. Man I seem to stay busy......

To all the late risers heres you a cup of and I'll check back on yall later
Old 01-07-2008, 07:05 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Just peeking in to wish everyone a good day I'm indulging in my other favorite hobby (second to birding, of course) - politics. If you like that sort of thing it's a great time to be next door to New Hampshire. I'm sure getting my exercise!

Cottage - hope exercise goes well! It's so frustrating to want to be healthy and have your body hold you back.

Kiko - Have a good day!

Cat - Enjoy your last day of "vacation".

I'll see everyone on Wednesday.

Cyndi
Old 01-07-2008, 07:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning Everyone

Cottage Hope the ankle feels better after Curves.
Kara So glad Kadyn is feeling better. Good Night.
Kiko for your first day back.
Femme Enjoy your last day "off".
Gonna Have a great day at work.
Cyndi

Well, the spring cleaning bug seems to have hit me early this year. I started with one of our storage rooms at work on Friday, my house this weekend, and now that I'm going back to work today I think I may redo our main food storage building. I love when everything is clean and organized but heaven help the first person who messes it up
Old 01-07-2008, 07:40 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick wave as I run through grabbing a coffee. Donna comes this morning and I have a bit more Christmas crud to pack away before she hits us with the vacuum. It's practically balmy out there this morning. I guess some of the snow will melt.

My knee operation is just over two weeks away and I have loads to get done.
Outta here but back later.

Enjoy a normal day.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:43 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Good morning all.

Cottage-Be careful with the ankle. Always nice to get started again though.

Kiko-We have rain for the first day back. Hope your day goes smooth.

Femme-Will have to try the recipe on the kids and DH. They miss my baking.(so do I)

Kara-Glad Kadyn is doing better. A good sign when they eat everything in the house! Hope the bug roundabout is leaving your place.

Gonna-You are busy. We finally got enough rain to make the sidewalks wet over night. It started to sprinkle this morning when I was walking. Have had alot of snow(for us) up North though.

Cyndi-

Today is day 7 for me and I seem to be doing alright was going to weigh this morning but will wait another week. Today is the first day back to school for all of us so I need to get going to get lunches packed and my salad made. Have a great day and a safe one.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:58 AM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

I am chewing gum because I feel like munching on something. Happy choices! Oooh, laundry just finished! Avery's sheets are in there because she took her diaper off during her nap and then peed in her bed. Silly baby. It's 10:00 and she's still running around the house because she will NOT go to bed without her special blanket. Looks like she'll be hitting the sack soon, though...

Phoenix, keep up your great work! As long as you're eating well and staying active, you know that number will go down eventually!

Ruth, good luck getting your list checked off. Let me know if there's anything I can do from over here!

Dawn, have fun with your cleaning! It's such a good feeling to get everything organized. We're facing doing our back room here in the next couple weeks as the movers are coming in less than a month! Is there a completely shocked and unready smiley???

Cyndi, have a great time with your campaigning! The thing I've missed the most about the States is watching the debates. The Koreans don't so much care about them so they're not on TV here!

Gonna, you're an exercise hound! Way to go, girl!!!

I'm off to get Avery's bed made and then finish up the money matters.

Kara
Old 01-07-2008, 08:08 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Morning chicks, day 7 hooray! Can't stay long, I think I'd better help DH with the kids, they are not moving fast this morning. I'll come back later!
Old 01-07-2008, 08:26 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm glad Kadyn is feeling better, Kara! Chewing gum is my favorite weapon to fight the munchies, especially cinnamon gum!

Curves went pretty well, I took it slowly and avoided the machines that would put pressure on my ankle. It felt great to get back into the swing of things again. I just made a Belgian waffle for my breakfast, and what a disaster! Even though I sprayed the waffle iron, the darned waffle stuck to it and was a real PITA to get out. I ended up with a plate of crumbs, but I'm eating it anyway. Still tastes good, but I don't know if it will satisfy me. I'll wait an hour or so and if I'm hungry, I'll have some yogurt.

I imagine you are pretty busy trying to get things done before your surgery, Ruth! Just don't overdo it, OK? Find some time to have a nice long soak in the tub.

That cookie recipe looks tempting, Cat, but I'm just going to bookmark it for later. We're pretty cookied out for now, even Jake! And Amber will be selling girl scout cookies in another week or so. Thank goodness they don't tempt me in the least. I"ll get a few boxes for Jake, though, and just to help her out.

Kiko, I hope your day goes well today!

GONNA, Cyndi, Thin, phxsunflower,
Old 01-07-2008, 09:01 AM   #13  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Dawn I'll be praying no one makes a mess of your hard work

Ruth thoughts & prayers for that surgery

Hiya Cat, Phx & Schmoodle have a great day

Good nite Kara & Avery

Cottage glad to hear the workout went well and no pain from the ankle

I have a busy day at work today - it's monday but I'll try and check back later
Old 01-07-2008, 09:01 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good Monday Morning Ladies! Day 2 on P1 redo for me, time to get rid of those cravings. Pretty good weekend here, got DS back off to school and reclaimed all sections of my house he had taken over! What crazy weather we are having! After single digits lastweek it is 61 here already this morning?!?!?!

Cottage Glad to hear curves went well for you today! I ventured back into the world of yoga this morning, gosh it sure feels good!

Kiko Good luck back at school today, and we look forward to seeing you in here everyday.

Cat Enjoy the last day of your vacation. Don't have to much fun painting!

Kara So glad to hear everyone is healthy at your house again!

Gonna Wishing you enough hours to get it all in today!

Cyndi, Dawn, Ruth, Phx and Schmoodle

Well how interesting is this, I have a new employee starting today and she is 30 minutes late? This doesn't look to be a good thing! Wouldn't you know the boss is out today, this isn't going to reflect well at all!

Have a great day chickies, I will check back later!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:30 AM   #15  
Just wanna lose!

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'2

Morning ladies a newbie here and won't be on much as back to full time work tomorrow blahhhh. But hope to pop in at least once a day! Today is day one of phase one and so far so good but then again it is only 9:30 haha! I can do this!!!!
Closed Thread