Old 01-07-2008, 05:41 AM   #1  

Height: 5'2"

Default January 7-13th Losers and Friends Thread

Good morning everyone,
I can't sleep so I decided to start us out for the week. It is a new day, new week and I hope we are all ready to hit it hard. I know I am.
Take care,

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 61.5 lbs.
Current weight
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

wow! you beat me to the punch! heres to a great week!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:32 AM   #3  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, everybody! It's back to school for us today - YUCK!! Hopefully my class will be lethargic and calm for most of the day - I know I will be!

Amy - from your question on the past thread, I've had a small printing business for about 10 years now. I was the graphic designer at my church for 6 years and it just of flowed naturally into a side business for me. I do TONS of invitations, stationery (note cards, memo pads, gift enclosure cards, bag tags, address labels, long-lasting baby bottle labels, etc.), and a lot of corporate design work as well. My most popular designs are the ones in which I use photos as the art on the memo pads or notecards. Everybody loves to get cards or pads that say, "A Note from Jackson's Mommy" with a sweet picture of the child on them. I had a very busy eBay store for a while, but had to shut it down when it got a little too busy. With teaching and kids, it got hard to keep up with orders. I still do a lot of local work and some of my old eBay customers still email me to place orders, but with our new photography business, I've scaled my printing time WAY back.

Okay, I'm off to drag kiddos out of bed and make them eat breakfast before we leave for school!

Have a great day, everyone!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:15 AM   #4  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!!!

I am off work till wednesday. Today though I am going to my mom's apartment and cleaning a bit before she comes home later this week from BC. Tomorrow I am going shopping. My new position (whenever it finally starts!!) means no casual type clothes except on fridays or special occasions. Bascially no jeans. So I need to go out and see about getting a couple of pairs of dress pants and maybe a couple new blouses. My existing dress pants are basically almost falling off me and make me look about 20 lbs heavier than I really am. I hope I can find something that I like. I am short so I have to go for the petite length which makes it harder to find something. I can't sew so hemming is not an option unless I want to pay someone to do it for me.

The cold finally broke up here. It is supposed to be above 0C for a few days so maybe some of our walls of snow we have will melt away a bit. Right now it is hard to see when you are pulling out of places because the banks are too high.

Here's to a POP day...time to go have my multigrain english muffin and some apple butter. Love the apple butter.

I'll check in later....
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:22 AM   #5  

Hey Allanah and everyone else who needs new clothes,
One year ago I had nothing to wear that fit me. Now thanks to losing weight and to thrift stores I do not have that problem. Check out what is available in you local area before you buy brand new clothes. I have been able to find like new name brand clothes for a couple of dollars each. Savers (Easter Seals sponsored), Hospice Stores, St. Vincent de Paul are just some examples. Now I have to tell myself not to buy more. I also have to get going and selling stuff on ebay.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 61.5 lbs.
Current weight
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Default You are all losers!

Hello to another week. Today promises to be horrid. The usual veterinarian is on vacation for two weeks. Our boss did not bother to find a fill in vet in time so I have a surgeon just one day in two weeks. I had to put all the animals adopted from all three shelters on today and hope for the best. I am way over booked, do not expect to get a lunch, will most likely work late just to get these animals out of the shelter and make space for new ones to come in.
To top that off i get a phone call as I left work on Friday my boss was adding a difficult and time consuming surgery to my finished schedule. I tried to reason with her, suggested that this week she should think about sending the dog to an outside vet, but she sent the dog. Not really sure why she felt required to mess up my schedule so much but she did. I am spitting mad and stressed before I get to work.
But today I will be a loser and so will you!
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Morning everyone!!!

I hate to start off the day whining but i started the plan exactly 1 week ago and i've only lost 1lb. Yesterday i showed a 2lb loss and then today i'm back to only 1lb. I know since i'm breastfeeding i should not be losing much more than 1lb a week but geez its so aggravating to see it move so slowly. To top it off DH started with me and he's down 4lbs. I've been totally POP but i guess my body just keeps everything for making milk. Anyway whine over.

I hope everyone has a POP day!!!!
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:18 AM   #8  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone - I was going to do a TO today/tomorrow to get started up, but I decided to start OP and maybe work a TO in later. It feels good to be eating well again.

Alannah - My new job is a little more dressy too. I've picked up a few jackets and things here and there. The sales are pretty good right now -good luck.

Tuesday - Hang in there. Just remember that those animals need you!

Nicole, Kristen - do I need to swear to get you to post? (worked on me!)

Hi to all my old buds, and looking forward to getting to know those of you who have joined since I dissappeared!
Have as good a Monday as you can, friends!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:23 AM   #9  
Heather - East TN

S/C/G: 190.8/153.7/150.8

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning all! Finished TO last night to see just a measly .9 lb. loss this morning. However, I refuse to let that get me down! I will stay on plan and will show that stupid COD I CAN and WILL lose this last 15 lbs!!! Grrr...

Here's to a POP day for us all! We can do this!!!!
Heather115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:29 AM   #10  
sscott

Happy Monday Morning! My goal is to be POP all week! Ok, maybe I will focus on today so I don't get overwhelmed. I WILL be POP today! Can you keep me accountable!?!

Debbie - don't get discouraged, you are doing what you are supposed to be doing. You don't want to lose to much too fast while you are breastfeeding. If you do, you will not have enough milk and the quality will be poor. Keep your chin up even when it seems really hard. My husband and I started at the same time and I have lost 20lbs and he has lost 40lbs! It doesn't seem fair, does it?
Old 01-07-2008, 09:40 AM   #11  
New mommy again :-)

Another crazy-busy day at work today I just wanted to pop in and say hello and Happy Monday to everyone!!!

I bought The Biggest Loser sculpting workout yesterday. I have to do something until my broken toe heals since the treadmill is out of the question. I got up late this morning so I'll probably try the workout tonight. I'm also doing TO today and tomorrow. I still haven't been brave enough to face the scale. I'd rather just "think" that I'm still at where I was before Christmas. I know it can't be that bad, but I'm just not ready...maybe after TO.

I finally got to finish watching the Biggest Loser last night (last Tuesday's show)...that poor girl who got voted off. I'd be soooo mad if I were her...and so mad at her dad. I am a Biggest Loser fanatic, by the way
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:40 AM   #12  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Stacy - of course we'll keep you accountable...post everyday and if you aren't POP, well, you don't want to know!

Tina - our Chicks to the Challenge Finish WINNER must set a good example! Just because the challenge is over, doesn't mean you can stray! I love TBL show!

Last edited by Joni135; 01-07-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:46 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

TN Heather!!! Great to see you posting chickie! I PMed you and the other Kim back but didnt get a response, maybe it didnt go through! We really need to get together and do something even if its just for coffee!

I'm all up for a Monday WI, it would keep me from eating like a cow all weekend! I've been POP for 5 days. I had really gotten lazy, not weighing and measuring things. I got my gold book out, got a diary out and got my butt in gear. I'm going to do weight loss for a few weeks and get down a few pounds below my goal weight so I dont freak everytime I get on the scale. 5 pounds up isnt such a big deal until you dont deal with it and it turns into 10 pounds. I absolutely refuse to ever buy bigger clothes ever again! SO I either stay in the ones I have or I'll be staying home all the time cause people frown when you go out in public naked! LOL

I havent been to WI in a week so I decided to go after work today and I hate afternoon WI's so we'll see if being POP has paid off!

Hope everybody has an amazing week!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:48 AM   #14  
One pound at a time...

Good Morning everyone! I thought I would drop in on this thread! I have returned after being off the program (medical hold) for about 8 months. Due to some serious health issues I had to stop LAWL (nothing to do with the plan) and get better. I started in December, crazy I know but it kept me in check whereas I would have gone to TOWN if not. I am feeling really good about being back in control and I also have a mini goal to work towards to for the summer. I see some old timers are back and hello to newbies!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:57 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Welcome back Carol!!!

Welcome back to Jules too! Just keep hanging around and posting, try to get a picture in your avatar, it makes it more personal! Its fun being able to put a face with a name!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote