Old 04-20-2007, 01:52 PM   #1  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Height: 5'2"

Default UltraSimple Diet by Mark Hyman

Anyone read this book yet - "The UltraSimple Diet: Kick-Start Your Metabolism and Safely Lose Up to 10 Pounds in 7 Days" by Mark Hyman?(Mark is the author of "Ultrametabolism: The Simple Plan for Automatic Weight Loss", which I like). He also wrote "Ultraprevention: The 6-Week Plan That Will Make You Healthy for Life".

The "UltraSimple Diet" was just made available on Amazon on March 27, 2007 (paper back book). Looks like the UltraSimple Diet is just for the one week to rev up one's metabolism.

http://www.amazon.com/UltraSimple-Di...7091219&sr=1-2

From Amazon.com:

"By eliminating the major sources of toxins in your life -- addictive habits such as coffee, sugar, alcohol, processed food, fast food, junk food, trans fats, and high-fructose corn syrup -- and reducing toxic stress for only 7 days, your body can renew and rejuvenate itself.

By eliminating the major sources of inflammation in your diet -- food allergens, sugar and flour products, and bad fats -- your body can heal.

Then, by eating whole, detoxifying, anti-inflammatory foods, the power of the program can take full effect.

Let me be completely honest here

My motivation is not to help you "lose a quick 10 pounds," although that is a nice side effect. My desire is for you to experience in one week the power you have to harm or to heal your body, the power wrong foods have to create sickness, and the power right foods have to promote weight loss and health.

The problem that many people ran into was that they thought 8 weeks was too long a commitment and never gave the program a chance. In reality it's not; however, as a consequence of receiving that feedback, I designed this program to be only 7 days (which anybody can do) to prove just how good you can actually feel once you have addressed the core problems of toxicity and inflammation."
Cheree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:36 PM   #2  

Hi! I am considering getting the book. I have the ultrametabolism book from the library and so far I feel it is sound. It is a lot like South Beach Diet in some ways (the science).

What did you think of ultrametabolism? Did you learn anything that you are using?

Is UltraSimple just the action plan? I am a really fussy eater and don't like to eat "strange" foods. My concern is that they are going to have a menu full of foods that I haven't ever heard of. What are your thoughts?

Gina
GinaXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:43 PM   #3  

Quote:
Some of you may ask "Isn't it all just water weight?" or "Isn't it unhealthy to lose more than 1-2 pounds per week?"

The truth is that you WANT to lose water weight.
I just read that and I think it is so true! I swear I am retaining so much water on a regular basis and it worries me. This book is not at my library but I am going to order it.

Quote:
Inflammation and toxicity cause fluid retention. Cleaning up your system for one week, by consuming a detoxifying and anti-inflammatory diet, may help you drop fluid and toxins quickly. This may lead to rapid weight loss, which is both safe and healthy under these circumstances.

Once you have eliminated the initial toxic fluid and inflammation, and you continue to follow my simple guides, your weight loss may continue at a rate of 1-2 pounds per week until you are at your healthy weight.

During this week you may lose both fluid and fat. How much of each varies from person to person.
GinaXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:55 PM   #4  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Height: 5'2"

Gosh, I'm sorry I didn't see the replies to my original thread. I actually have the book (it's small) that I checked out from the library. It has some weird foods, but you should be able to get everything from Whole Foods. I read somewhere that for the UltraBroth on the plan (I think I read it from one of the reviews of the book on Amazon), that he gives you a source where you can buy a broth rather than making it yourself (that was the only thing I wasn't sure I wanted to make myself). I may give it a try, at least for 7 days. I'm not sure that I really need this (or if anyone really needs it), but I do know my metabolism is sluggish, and at this point, I think it is worth a shot and probably wouldn't hurt anything (although I don't have a gallbladder...but I don't know if that would make a difference). I use to be able to lose weight pretty easily, but then as I got older, it got harder (and harder to keep it off), so I would eat less and less calories...which I think messed up my metabolism, or something!!
Cheree is offline   Reply With Quote