Old 01-02-2008, 10:11 AM   #1  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Default New Year~new You! Alli Support! January

Hello and happy new year to you all. I wanted to get this thread started so we can start supporting here and get this year off to a great start. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and have a super year!

With that said I will be leaving this thread to you all as I am no longer taking alli. I am going to have to opt for a different form of help as this is just not helping me. I will be counting calories or something similar. I thank you all for the support in the past and wish you all the best in your weight loss journy!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

Congrats on the weight loss since Aug.You have done great.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:37 AM   #3  

Still, thanks for starting us, but I really wish you wouldn't leave!!! Couldn't you just stay here and do your new plan?????? Please??????

When I changed my tracker the other day, I did add all the weight that I gained over the holidays, so it's official. Sure want to start moving that butterfly in the right direction soon!! Especially before I go back to the doctor!!! lol

Hope everyone has recovered from New Year's Eve celebrations!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 01:04 PM   #4  
trying to rock it.

S/C/G: s/c/g 256/246/165

Height: 5'5"

hello everyone
i purchased alli on the first but will start taking it on sunday as i'm doing a low cal / low fat diet like it suggests.
looking forward to getting to know you all.
flom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:46 PM   #5  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Tammy, I would love to stay....But since I am not taking alli any more I dont really belong here....I will check in from time to time...trust me! I will miss you all if I dont!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:21 PM   #6  

still !!! dont leave us..so what you arent taking alli so what !! we have become friends and it wont be the same with out you...Please post on this board we are still on our journey and want you to be there with and for us !!
got2gethealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:57 AM   #7  

welcome flom and fit by forty if you have any questions please ask away ! our board is a little slow right now but should pick up soon !
Old 01-04-2008, 08:34 PM   #8  

Welcome to the newbies!! Sometimes this place is really hopping but right now it's a bit slow. Hopefully we'll all be chatting often again soon.

still, it's ok if you aren't doing Alli, you are doing a program and you can share that info with us to give us some other ideas. I also post on a WW board. I joined there a long time ago when I did WW, and I am still posting although I'm not going to WW. I don't want to lose you!!!

I am restarting on Alli on Monday. I'm cutting back on foods this weekend, and then will start it again. I plan to start going to the Y again and get more exercise in this year.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:41 AM   #9  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Height: 5' 3"

I'm thinking about trying Alli since I am doing a low cal "diet." I will be starting Deliciously Yours on Friday, and have been eating well since January 1st. I'm just nervous that with starting a new "life change" and starting Alli together will do crazy things to my system.

What do you all think being that you are using Alli? Should I wait a little while for my body to adjust to my life style first? If so, how long?

Thanks!
BabyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:38 AM   #10  
Start Date Alli 1-4-08

S/C/G: 262/197.5/150

Height: 5'9"

Hello all. I'm new to Alli (just took my first pill with dinner last night) but not new to eating low fat. I've lost 80 lbs. since March 2006 but fell off the wagon since October and gained back 15 lbs. Off and running again on January 1st and decided that Alli is the boost I needed. 48 lbs to my goal weight. So happy to have found this forum.

Thanks all.

Last edited by RaceGrl; 01-05-2008 at 11:52 AM.
RaceGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:34 PM   #11  

Alli is a great tool. just watch the fat intake and dont go over the recommended amount of fat you are to eat..I never had t.e."s (terrible effects) using Alli. It sure made me think twice about eating cookies and ice cream and pizza (my weakness) I was never jittery and it didnt affect my blood pressure either. As long as you go low fat before you start Alli
things should be ok.

Tammy I am glad you are going back to the y. I am back on Alli too. it keeps me away from my "friendly" enemies !

AS for me i am doing great !! walking every day with my dog and signed up for some school classes in office programs. Still need to work on the night time eating , but feel really positive about the upcoming year !!
Old 01-05-2008, 02:25 PM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

I am thinking of trying Alli...Where is the best price place to buy it. I am in my 70s..Am I too old to take it?
Bionic Beach Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:14 PM   #13  

Welcome bionic I have been on alli since aug. and have had no problems with it. I have found that Alli runs about the same everywhere. what is different are the amounts in the bottle. get the starter pak first, the info inside is great. amazon.com has good prices but again, it is a 2 pk with more so it does cost more, but you save in the long run. Try target and walmart also. P.s. i am 55 and have had no problems. my dr. gave me a RX for orlistat ( stronger than Alli ) but insurance wont cover it and I cant afford 170.00 a month. oh well..
Old 01-05-2008, 06:37 PM   #14  

Height: 5'4"

Thanks new friend...information very helpful. No Walmart around here and nearest Target is 20 miles away...I will check Amazon.com..thanks loads. Good luck to you always.
Bionic Beach Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:34 PM   #15  
WMB Black Team

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'2

My doctor gave me the okay to try alli (since I'm younger than 18), and I started today.
I figured since I eat a very low-fat diet now that it can help me a lot!
Briefasa Hime is offline   Reply With Quote