Old 01-03-2008, 11:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/172/128

Height: 5 feet 0 inches

Smile Help I've been living in denial "New Goals"

This thread is for all you ladies who saw your reflection one day and thought
"IS THAT ME?" Are you ready to recognize yourself again?
Well, its a new month and year so lets start fresh.

We welcome all new people and your ideas along with our old friends who have been with us on our previous threads.

We are here to encourage, (just kidding) encourage,
laugh, motivate and most of all begin to "recognize ourselves again!"

January Challenge: EXERCISE

1.Each person must exercise no less than 15 min. a day for 21 days in a row.

2. If the person misses a day they must start all over again.

3. The last day to complete the challenge for Jan will be Feb 8. This gives them time to also complete Feb challenge by the end of Feb.

4. All those who complete the Jan Challenge by Jan 31 have bragging rights!

5. All those who complete the Jan Challenge by Jan 31 will go to there favorite restaurant on the 1st Saturday in Feb and give a toast to the winners of the challenge. Bring your Digital cameras because we want to see a picture of the happy event!!!

6. We officially start as a group Friday January 4th. If you start after that its still okay, join in as soon as you can. Remember this is a 21 day (in a row) challenge and there is 31 days this month!
Kiwi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

I would like to join the challenge! It would be a perfect excuse for me to get off my butt and try to get more of that elusive thing they call exercise back into my life

Thank you for starting the thread
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 04:37 PM   #3  

Smile

Yea for you Penelope and welcome to the group!

I've never been consistent with exercise so I'm looking forward to this changing that bad habit!!

I think I will ride a stationary bike for my exercise. What will you be doing? How about the rest of you girls?
Old 01-03-2008, 05:05 PM   #4  

Kiwi,

Thank you for the warm welcome

I have no access to a gym (money) or gym equipment (same ), so my exercise will be mostly walking, and dancing in my house while I do whatever
Old 01-03-2008, 10:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey Kiwi and Penelope!!!! Yah....I am so ready!!! I will be walking, water aerobics and some natualas machines at the local YMCA!!!! This will be the year we will be shining stars!!!!!! Count me in!
Iwanawurkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:06 AM   #6  

Smile

Well I have to go to Ft. Walton with my husband early in the morning so I won't have time to write so I'm doing now.

I will walk my 15 min while we are there. I'm bringing a friend with us so while he is doing his thing me and my friend will walk for exercise.

I did my first Chemo this morning. I did really well. Of course my tears and sweat and pee is all orange now. The nurse said it would be that way for a couple of days but it has already stopped the last I checked. I didn't get sick but they gave me some stuff just in case but I had a good day and expect to do well tomorrow.
One day at a time.

I'll check in when we get back and see how everyone is doing on there first day of the challenge.

Chat later
Kiwi
Old 01-04-2008, 12:17 AM   #7  

Penelope I didn't say it before but Congratulation for completing your goal of 40 pounds!!

This challenge is just what you need to keep the weight off!

You are Awesome and I'm jealous!!
Old 01-04-2008, 12:17 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 263.6/258.2/150

Height: 5'7

I would like to join. My work just put in some treadmills in our outdoor patio so we can walk during breaks. Perfect
Michiemish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:17 AM   #9  

Smile

Awesome Michiemish and Welcome to the group!

I couldn't resist just dropping in this morning but I've got to leave in 20 mins. so I better get dressed!!I feel so pumped today!!
Old 01-04-2008, 11:21 AM   #10  

Iwanawurkit and Michiemish - Hi! It's great to have you

Kiwi - Thank you Don't be jealous...you only have 44 pounds to go! It took me about two years, and all I did was clean up my diet, calorie count and get more active. You can totally do it...you've already gotten rid of 25!
Your posts are so cute with all the emoticons

I've already gotten 5 minutes of my walking in, and I'll be walking home from my interview tonight, so that should be another approximately 15 minutes. There's my exercise for the day!
Old 01-04-2008, 05:12 PM   #11  

Smile

You call that exercise Penelope, I don't think so Girl!! 15 minutes in a row but nice try! Get that heart beat up!

Well I had a great day and I managed to get my walk in plus some. I'm getting a hair cut today so I'm also walking there and back which will be another 30 mins!
Old 01-04-2008, 06:03 PM   #12  
from Obese to Oh Baby! =)

S/C/G: 308/see ticker/200

Height: 6'0

I'd love to join in if possible. I need serious motivation & support(you'd think this excess weight would be enough wouldn't ya?). I tried to get on track a few months ago, but allowed myself to use 'life' as an excuse not to stick with it. *sigh* Exercise is my kryptonite...so I am attempting to morph into Wonder Woman, kryptonite problem solved! heehee Seriously, I have to get healthy & the only way to do it is QUIT FINDING excuses, get off my duff & JUST DO IT! (insert NIKE swish )

No access to a gym & too poor to buy my own, so I will be walking in place, 15 minutes at a time. Starting today & stopping...Lord willing, NEVER! Good luck everyone!

Last edited by realitymom; 01-04-2008 at 06:05 PM.
realitymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 07:54 AM   #13  
suz
suz

S/C/G: 178/150.6/135

Height: 5'3"

Morning Ladies
Glad to see a few new faces Kiwi I did not get a link to new thread could not fiqure out why I did not
My exercise will be 3 times a week a aerobics class (mon, wed, & fri ) for 1hr 1/4 I will also walk and do some of my exercise tapes on the other 4 days
I did my step tape yesterday and will go for a walk today
Kiwi do you think we can add to our challenge list try to eat a good balanced eating with a least 5 sevings of fruit and veggies every day and work up to 10 servings Could we also add try to drink 6 to 8 glasses of water a day You can replace 2 or 3 with tea or no sugar added flavour drinks or diet pop
Is that too much for 1 month?

Lets get moving Ladies suz
suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:00 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

oh....I hope I am building muscle because the scales is showing a weight gain. my clothes are fitting much better and I have so much energy!!!! This weekend is going to be a real challenge for me because I have to work so I will walk on the treadmill since I don't have time for the YMCA. Penelope and others struggling with the funds.......walking is great and inexpensive way to get the heart pumped up. Yes, you do have to get the heart rate up to where you have a little difficulty to carry on a normal conversation. Got to go to work!
Kiwi.......be careful with the chemo....make sure you stay hydrated.
Iwanawurkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:58 PM   #15  

Smile

Welcome Reality mom its great to have you and your sense of humor with us!

Suz you have been exercising so long that if you want to add other stuff to your weight goal go ahead but as far as the challenge lets just focus on one thing at a time at least this month. I figured we could do water next month then sweets, we'll come up with something as it gets closer. The goal this year is to create good habits that we will continue to do, so we can quit bendging.

I didn't walk to the hairdresser yesterday so i rode my stationary bike before going to bed. I think I really want to create a habit of riding that thing every day but I have to admit 15 on that thing seems like an hour!!

I do need water since I'm on chemo I have cotton mouth. I had a good day yesterday but this morning I'm moving slower so I'm making myself go to the mall and walk. Maybe that will give me more energy seeing people as I walk.