Old 01-04-2008, 02:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 287/268/150

Height: 5'6

Question Salad Dressing-Drama!

Hey hey!

I am on the red plan and my book states this regarding salad dressings:
"fat free, any variety, less than 175 mg sodium per tablespoon"

Does that mean I can have ANY FF dressing and if I want a normal one then the sodium has to be less than 175 mg? Or....does that mean ANY FF dressing that has 175 mg sodium or lower.... if the latter, then that doesn't give me too many choices or variety from what I saw at the grocery store yesterday.... I love salad... help!!!
angemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 02:50 PM   #2  
LAWL Salt Police

fat free AND less than 175 mg of sodium.

I know the choices are limited... This is one of those things that I tend to overlook when it comes to the sodium.. In this case, I think the calories and fat content are more important...

You could always google "low sodium salad dressing" and see what's out there, or make your own using fat free ingredients and salt substitute..
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:00 PM   #3  

Ya know, I might just have to overlook it too then because it was very discouraging and disheartening to find such LIMITED GOOD dressings that we can have. Thank you so much for the quick reply!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2008, 03:04 PM   #4  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Is this on the colored plan because I didn't see it in my book?
My Book just says Fat Free of low fat 1 tbsp as a condiment.

Last edited by cecil; 01-04-2008 at 03:06 PM.
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

LAWL used to sell salad dressing. I bought a whole bunch when I first joined and think I still have a little bit of it left. It was great as they sold it in individual serving sizes and you could take it with you and use it at restaurants. Made staying on plan easier.

I think some low fat dressings can be counted as a condiment also. I seem to recall this (must be below 70 calories a serving though to count and the less the better). At least that was the way it was with the old colored plans. I also use FF sour cream and count it as a condiment also, or FF sour cream mixed with a little bit of salsa makes a nice dressing. I count those as condiments also. OK I use most of my condiments as salad dressing... but hey it keeps me on track.

For low sodium ff salad dressings, I have found that the ones in the refrigerator case tend to have less sodium than the ones that are sold on the shelf.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:41 PM   #6  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Just a quick note, most serving sizes on the salad dressing bottles are for 2 tbls. and LAWL serving size is for 1 tbls. (in the colored plans). In the numbered plans you can count 1 tbls. of FF or low fat dressing as a condiment and you can count 2 tlbs. of reduced fat dressing as a fat (has to be under 5g of fat). When I was on the colored plan I usually still used light and counted it as a fat instead. I just can’t stomach FF salad dressing.

Last edited by dawn78; 01-04-2008 at 03:52 PM.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:50 PM   #7  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

I have overlooked this as well. As long as it's FF and not crazy with the sodium, I buy it. And to be honest, I always have more than 1tbs. If that's my biggest cheat of the day, so be it!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:06 PM   #8  
TBL RED TEAM MEMBER

S/C/G: 230/210/140

Height: 5`11

What about wishbone salad spritzers? Just about all the flavors fit into your category. It`s only 10 cal for 10 sprays and less than 1 gram of fat.
MISS 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:43 PM   #9  

I never realized the refrigerated salad dressings had less sodium! AND I've never tried the spritzers but perhaps I can give those a try!

Thank yall so much for the great advice! It really helps because since I'm not at my center anymore, and I'm starting all over, some of this stuff gets a little confusing!
Old 01-04-2008, 10:25 PM   #10  

Height: 5'2"

For me, I have to be very careful with salad dressing. When I rely on salad dressings, It really has slowed my weight loss. If I do use salad dressing, I dilute it. A girl has to do what a girl has to do to lose weight. Maybe it is just me, but I feel that I have to let you know.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 61.5 lbs.
Current weight
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote