Old 11-13-2004, 10:16 PM   #1  
it's always something

Default Recommended books

The internet is filled with resources on the Mediterranean diet. Sometimes having a hard copy of a book is more useful. Here are some books that may be helpful:

General list of books on the Mediterranean diet at Amazon

Mediterranean Diet Cookbook
This book is loaded with recipes and each contain nutrition data, so it's great for dieters.

The Mediterranean Diet : Newly Revised and Updated
This book is a paperback available anywhere for only $6.99. You can order from Amazon or get at your local bookseller if you don't want to wait.

The Essential Mediterranean : How Regional Cooks Transform Key Ingredients into the World's Favorite Cuisines
This book is about 19 bucks at Amazon, the retail bookstore price is 29.95.

A New Way to Cook by Sally Schneider
This book isn't specifically a book on Mediterranean foods. However, the author recommends this lifestyle, and the book focuses on cooking fresh foods and experimenting with food flavors. It's one of the most informative healthy cookbooks that I've read. The Barnes and Noble website offers free classes (B&N University) based on a lot of topics and books. A New Way to Cook is offered as a free course online and is taught by the author, Sally Schneider. There is a current class that began Nov 1, and the next class starts January 10. Even if you don't buy the book, the class is very helpful and informative. I took it and learned a lot about experimenting with flavors and cooking techniques, while keeping meals healthy and fresh.

Please share any books that you have found helpful
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 08:38 AM   #2  

Default Another book

I have been following The Omega Diet by Artemis SImopoulos. She includes menu plans for 1200, 1500 and 2000 calorie levels, as well as recipes. It's on Amazon.
garybearsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 11:25 AM   #3  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

Eat, Drink, and Be Healthy by Walter Willett

It is a book that among other things promotes the MediterrAsian lifestyle.

I read it when it was initally released years ago. I am rereading it again now.
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 09:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Mediterranean Women Stay Slim, Too
by Mellisa Kelly
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:55 AM   #5  

Bikini Bootcamp has some Sonoma friendly latin-asian recipes. Bikini Bootcamp by Melissa Perlman.
jade408 is offline   Reply With Quote